“BED BUGS and terrible service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Seattle, Washington
“BED BUGS and terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at the Econolodge Nov 14-17, my husband is a musician and this is the third year we've stayed there for an annual music fest. We checked in on Thursday, and early Friday evening, he started feeling itchy, he had welts on his face that we initially thought were hives. When we got back that night, he noticed them on his arms, back, legs, and feet. We called the front desk asked them if they've had recent reports of bed bugs and told them we suspected we had them in our room. They changed our sheets Saturday morning, which had two very small reddish stains near the bottom. Upon returning Sunday night, I lifted the sheets, and found a dead bedbug and a long (4 inch) blood streak on the bottom sheet. I snapped photos of the bug, compared them to photos online, and we proceeded to the front desk with the bug in a cup. The manager instantly became defensive and said, "I know what you people are trying to do." We explained that we weren't asking for a refund (or even to switch rooms). The manager walked to our room with the maintenance guy and picked up our headboard and flipped it around, telling us that is where they hide and that they inspected the room the day before and there was nothing there. After mentioning another friend that was staying there also had bites all over his body (we saw him at the fest and shared the news after we told him about our situation), they told us we just had chiggers. It was not chigger bites, the bites were on his feet, it would have been impossible. It was handled in the worst possible way by the manager, who claimed she had 32 years of experience. After telling her I was going to report it on travel sites, she threatened to sue me. She also kept pointing to the tape recorder in her pocket to let us know she was recording. We checked out Sunday night. We have the photos of the bug, and the bites. We even brought back the bug to get a professional opinion. BED BUG. I could have dealt with the bed bugs but the way it was handled in unacceptable and some of the worst customer service I've ever had.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
45 Thank jennacosta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

What can you say, great price comfortable room, clean large bathroom, breakfast wasn't much but for what we paid I guess I shouldn't complain.

Freddie Thank You!

He was very helpful, as always good staff make for a better stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Live Oak
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Desk courteous. But we killed a total of 6 roaches. Was offered new room, but obvious walls infested. What angered me was A.M. desk saying we were the only complaint. We saw another guest complaining.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

17 Thank Ronald K
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here to attend the concert at the park.
We needed a good place to rest,shower up and go back to the music park.
Gave us a late check out on the last day, thank you to the front desk lady.
I come every year,this will be my place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over looking the large Oak trees.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank brown t
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I did not want to pay the price at the HI express,so I picked this one.
It was not bad ,the people checking in were friendly,the room was clean,and every thing worked.
I paid $65.00 ,the HI Express wanted $125,it is a small town and it was a one night stop.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank putname
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I called this motel a few days before a 3 night stay. I had to cancel my first night stay so I called the motel 2 days before and talked to girl and cancelled my first night, she said you're all set and hung up! When I arrived they had told me that I had been charged for a NO Show for the night before. I explained that I had actually called and cancelled and thats when the attitude came out. Difficult unintelligent abrasive women were not giving me a chance to explain, and had no interest in working out the situation with me. The check in process was painful and slow and dealing with these people was infuriating beyond belief. I got charged for a room I never stayed in and they thought they were justified because whoever told me it was cancelled was not coming forward and being honest. As far as Im concerned this motel stole 70 plus dollars from me and now its in dispute with my bank and will be resolved painfully by the authorities, and not a helpful, well run hotel. Do Not Stay Here go across the Street to the Holiday Inn. Pathetic unprofessional unintelligent managers and staff. 100 thumbs down. Oy Yeah don't expect any help from the manager Shirl she was the most stubborn unprofessional Ive ever dealt with. Not worth saving money when you end up getting screwed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
25 Thank JBBasman

Travellers are raving about these Live Oak hotels

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed here on business, trying to save my company some money so I chose this property instead of the H I Express and B W off the same exit. It was OK for a nights sleep but thats about it....Property is old and tired but the room was clean enough. The thing that irks me lately with some of the Choice Hotels is there is no complimentery toiletry items available at the front desk !!! I needed toothpaste (again) its my fault but just about every hotel has toothpaste available and was told "sorry" and I needed to go to the Walmart across the street. I am sorry but I do not want to go to Walmart at 11 pm for toothpaste when I kind of expect it to be available at my hotel if I need it. Maybe I am spoiled but I have been on the road for over 20 years now and this seems to be a trend with some of the Choice properties. Otherwise it seems to be OK for a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Days Inn Lake City I-10
Days Inn Lake City I-10
#15 of 24 in Lake City
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!