“Nice clean room”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We checked in very late and got lucky with this stop. Clerk was very friendly, room was clean and reasonably priced. First time using a couple from a travel guide, saved us around $20 on the room. If I'm in the area again I would make this my first choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It was a mediocre place to stay to begin with. We requested to view the room before renting, however the staff was rude so we opted to leave and went across the street to different hotel. I will leave a review of the next place on under their section.

Stayed: June 2014
27  Thank wandering_adventurer
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at the Econolodge Nov 14-17, my husband is a musician and this is the third year we've stayed there for an annual music fest. We checked in on Thursday, and early Friday evening, he started feeling itchy, he had welts on his face that we initially thought were hives. When we got back that night, he noticed them on his arms, back, legs, and feet. We called the front desk asked them if they've had recent reports of bed bugs and told them we suspected we had them in our room. They changed our sheets Saturday morning, which had two very small reddish stains near the bottom. Upon returning Sunday night, I lifted the sheets, and found a dead bedbug and a long (4 inch) blood streak on the bottom sheet. I snapped photos of the bug, compared them to photos online, and we proceeded to the front desk with the bug in a cup. The manager instantly became defensive and said, "I know what you people are trying to do." We explained that we weren't asking for a refund (or even to switch rooms). The manager walked to our room with the maintenance guy and picked up our headboard and flipped it around, telling us that is where they hide and that they inspected the room the day before and there was nothing there. After mentioning another friend that was staying there also had bites all over his body (we saw him at the fest and shared the news after we told him about our situation), they told us we just had chiggers. It was not chigger bites, the bites were on his feet, it would have been impossible. It was handled in the worst possible way by the manager, who claimed she had 32 years of experience. After telling her I was going to report it on travel sites, she threatened to sue me. She also kept pointing to the tape recorder in her pocket to let us know she was recording. We checked out Sunday night. We have the photos of the bug, and the bites. We even brought back the bug to get a professional opinion. BED BUG. I could have dealt with the bed bugs but the way it was handled in unacceptable and some of the worst customer service I've ever had.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
45  Thank jennacosta
Reviewed 5 October 2013

What can you say, great price comfortable room, clean large bathroom, breakfast wasn't much but for what we paid I guess I shouldn't complain.

Freddie Thank You!

He was very helpful, as always good staff make for a better stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Desk courteous. But we killed a total of 6 roaches. Was offered new room, but obvious walls infested. What angered me was A.M. desk saying we were the only complaint. We saw another guest complaining.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
17  Thank Ronald K
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here to attend the concert at the park.
We needed a good place to rest,shower up and go back to the music park.
Gave us a late check out on the last day, thank you to the front desk lady.
I come every year,this will be my place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over looking the large Oak trees.