“Beachfront Perfection”

Gulf Tides of Longboat Key
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently accompanied my mother-in-law for the second time to her studio timeshare at Gulf Tides Resort on Longboat Key. This tidy, attractive, clean apartment is located just steps from the beach (literally outside the front door) and what a beach it is! Pristine and virtually empty this time of year. I would get up early in the morning and there wouldn't be another soul as far as I could see in either direction. The resort supplies lounge chairs, a grill, and a lovely pool across the road (along with tennis courts that seem to be used rarely). The owners are treated to breakfast on Monday mornings and a bbq lunch on Wednesdays. Everyone is courteous and kind and we often see the same couples/families return at the same time each year. This was an utterly relaxing vacation and I look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Beach side! Even though there are other, probably larger, apartments across the road, it is worth it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Diana C

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The resort offers a small beach area with very comfortable beach lounge chairs. We spent almost every evening we were there watching the most lovely sunsets! The two bedroom units have 2 baths and a wonderful, updated, modern kitchen. I enjoyed cooking there.

Room Tip: The two bedroom units are across the street from the beach. The water is visible from the room, but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eco_tourist30467
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Two bedroom apartment gave plenty of space for our family of four. The location on the beach was out of this world - we found wildlife in abundance with long walks on the beach and lots of seahells which we enjoyed collecting. Would definately recommend Gulf Tides as the perfect getaway, there is as much or as little to do as you wish.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Gill C
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My parents spend two weeks a year here in a time share. I wasn't aware that you could actually rent a place outright but that appears to be the case. At any rate, I used one of their weeks recently for an annual fishing trip to Longboat Key. Gulf Tides proved to be a very nice place to lodge. I usually live out of hotels while on vacation but the added room of a two bedroom/two bathroom condo was very welcome. It had a full kitchen, living room, dining-room, small flat screen TV or two (three??), and a balcony. There is also wireless internet so I was able to post vacation pictures from my notebook in the evenings while watching some TV and relaxing. The beds could use an upgrade. The king bed in the master bedroom had a peak in the middle and I felt like I was always being rolled to the outer edge. The mattress was also pretty utilitarian for my taste. I switched to one of the twin beds in the other bedroom midweek but it wasn't much better. They were acceptable but not the best.

The property has two sets of units. I was on the bay side of the road. There are others on the ocean side. But I was busy fishing from a boat for the week, and I had been to the beach on Longboat before so I didn't mind. Speaking of a boat, I have been renting a house with a dock down there for 3 years so that I could keep a rented fishing at the house's dock. I was worried about renting the boat and not having anywhere to leave it. But it worked out great just leaving it at the marina 4 miles away. I could come and go as I pleased. No problem.

The property had a tennis court and a pool with a barbecue area. On two days of the week, there was a breakfast of donuts and the like, and a lunch of hamburgers and hot dogs (one on each of the two days), which came included in the rental price. It was a nice surprise and a good way to meet some of the other people staying there. The beach across the street was very nice but tropical storm Andrea was creating large waves, rain and wind, so not the best weather for the beach. The location of the property is roughly mid-island so you have access to both ends within a short drive. There are plenty of conveniences in the area AND on the island itself, including a Publics supermarket.

Longboat Key is a beautiful place to visit and I was not disappointed with my choice of lodging this time around. Gulf Tides was clean, roomy, and comfortable (beds aside). I intend to return here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a perfect resort for a single, couple or family. I purchased a week sight unseen and couldn't believe how it acceded my expectations. The staff is friendly and helpful. The resort offers free tennis courts, bikes, pool, gas grills and the beach is fabulous. The resort is well maintained. All you need is your swimsuit. Perfect place to relax and relieve tension. The resort provides several events to get to know your fellow vacationers. Publix, and shops close. Linda York, PA

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Great resort love the area, free bicycles, free beach chairs and umbrellas. I travel a lot and this is the only resort I don't want to leave. The staff is wonderful. I like this resort so much that I purchased two weeks after my second visit. Oh did I mention the sandy beach, beautiful blue-green ocean, wonderful shells, great sunsets, gas grills to grill on and a free hotdog lunch on Wednesdays.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Jshubert
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is the 7th time we have stayed here and it only gets better ! We stayed in the studio beach side and every thing you required was there including free wifi
Gulf tides management and staff couldn't be more helpful . The beach is fabulous ,also the pool ,and the bikes all free !
If you have a chance to stay here please don't miss the chance you defiantly won't be sorry
We will be back next may !

RUSS&JUNE north wales

#1 of 21 in Longboat Key
Casa del Mar Beach Resort
Casa del Mar Beach Resort
#6 of 21 in Longboat Key

Been to Gulf Tides of Longboat Key? Share your experiences!