“Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lazy Lobster of Longboat
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: OUR MISSION Our mission is to be the neighborhood choice for our guests and their families; proudly providing a casual atmosphere that consistently exceeds your expectations. Great food, high energy and honest friendly people are the keys to our success.  We’re a fun place to go where you can get anything you want and it will  ALWAYS BE GREAT!
Pittsburgh, PA
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went to the location on Longboat Key. The food and service are top notch! Lovely atmosphere too. The friendly hostess even remembered me the next night I dined there - what a memory! Anna was my waitress and she was fabulous! - ask for her table! The food was awesome! I was able to enjoy the last 2 days of Lobster month - YUM! OH, you must try the homemade chocolate mousse - you won't regret it!

Visited July 2014

“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The Lobster Mac n cheese was absolutely awesome. Everything we tried we loved. My husband had the key west shrimp. Great atmosphere. Good service. Don't miss it.

Sarasota, Florida
“Pleasant dining experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to the early bird dinner. It did not include a soup or salad so that was extra. I ordered the small Caesar salad which was excellent. My husband ordered the gumbo and it was mediocre with too much rice and lacking in flavor. For my main course, I order their specialty, the Shrimp Norma, which I've had before and it was great. This time it wasn't very good. Three shrimp in a heavily-breaded batter which apparently was made far in advance and frozen and re-heated. More batter than shrimp... The rice and green beans were fine. My husband ordered the lemon flounder and it was delicious. The wine was excellent as was the bread. The service was very good and our waitress was very pleasant. This is a busy restaurant and was filled when we left. They do a good job of serving meals, but the quality is not what we expected and we would not return.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, friendly, holiday atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Recommended by the beach resort we were staying in. Fantastic food, friendly service and attractive environment. So enjoyable we returned the next evening, $70 including drinks and appetisers . Surely the bargain of the holiday, filet mignon at $23!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Lovely... but not our thing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Reviews were pretty good so we decided to give it a try. Casual dining: try for a table overlooking the garden - super lovely. From the moment we walked in the door to leaving the restaurant, the staff was delightful. Every single staff member was friendly, attentive and knew their business! Anna, our waitress, really stood out as amazing ~ the woman seemed to read minds. If you like a lot of buttery taste with your lobster and veggies, well this is the place! For my husband and I personally, it was a little over the butter top, which meant that we took home lunch for tomorrow since we couldn't finish our plates. I had the Lazy Man's Lobster which meant that 6 oz of steamed lobster sat in a bowl of butter ~ delice but too much. I couldn't even finish the green beans coated with buttery taste. My hub had the twin lobster tails with butter on the side which he finished but left his green beans for tomorrow's lunch. We needed to save space for the Key Lime pie slice ~Nice enough.

Not sure we will go back since it's not our thing but it was very pleasant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles