SeaHorse Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Longboat Key
See available hotels
View Hotel
Zota Beach Resort(Longboat Key)
Outrigger Resort(Longboat Key)
Sandpiper Inn(Longboat Key)
View Hotel
Resort at Longboat Key Club(Longboat Key)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate beachfirst floorsand fleassmall but nice poolstainless appliancesanna mariastudio unitgreat family placepatio doorsheated poolchaise loungessiesta keycoffee potfull kitchenunitslongboatpublix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed at this resort over the Christmas Holidays in a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor -room 231. We had cockroaches running around the unit and ants in the master bedroom bathroom. On arrival when we first entered this unit it smelled quite musty. I reported the insect problem to the office. They wanted to have someone come in and spray but we declined as we didn't want the spray to get in our clothes and we didn't want to stir up more of these critters. The office gave us money back for 1 night only which didn't really help to compensate us, considering we vacated the unit a day earlier then we were suppose to because we just couldn't stand it anymore. My friend forgot to bring slippers and the bottom of her socks were black from walking around this unit. I also showed the office her sock. They sent a crew in to clean so it at least smelled better than it did when we first arrived. The unit itself is tired looking and needs updating. The pots and pans were all scratched and in need of replacement. I had to spend a day of my vacation using their washer/dryer to clean my clothes before we vacated because I didn't want to take any critters home with me. These machines weren't the best either. Even though we rented this 2 bedroom, my friend ended up moving into my room with 2 double beds because she seemed to have more critters in her room and couldn't sleep. Would I return - NEVER!!!! I love the island and I will definitely return to Longboat Key but I'm sure I will find something much cleaner than this!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank FortuneSeeker
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed in unit 247 December 31-Jan 4 2014. The unit was very clean and had a wonderful view, perfect for a romantic getaway for 2! The weather was cold and rainy, one day it got to 72 but was very windy. There were dolphins swimming 3 out of the 4 days we were there and we enjoyed our visitor (egret) on the patio railing. The only thing I would suggest that would make the trip better would be a longer stay and better weather, but that is Jan in Florida! The place had all you needed kitchen wise, we went to Trader Joe's in Sarasota and bought munchies. There is a Publix on Longboat, but TJ is our normal grocery at home so I am familiar. We ate at the Lazy Lobster for NYE dinner, it was OK, not as good as reviews I read. We normally go to Siesta Key but since it was only for 4 days we opted for Longboat. We love eating at The Columbia, Tommy Bahamas and were disappointed Hemingway's closed up ;-( We only had one small glitch with the TV having no sound on most channels but the office sent someone right away to fix it. We didn't get into the pool but it looked lovely and the grounds are kept pristine.

Room Tip: 247 is upstairs and I think view is great, downstairs would be a "roll out of bed onto beach" feel so I don't think you could go wrong either way. There was a chair lift for anyone who might need it to get upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ethshir
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th at the Seahorse Beach Resort Unit 247. The new owners completely refurbished the second story unit in June 2013, so everything felt new and high end. Although small, it more than met all of our needs, including our biggest need, close ocean view and access. We loved sitting on the deck with the thoughtfully high chairs to see an unobstructed view of the beach 180 degrees. Spectacular sunsets with wine created memories that will last me through the long, dreary Northwest winter. Wading in the ocean in December, worrying about sunburn! Sweet! But also, the cozy, comfortable room was simpy perfect. (although, I must say, we weren't the biggest fan of the memory foam pad) We went to the nearby, convenient Publix market to lay in supplies so that we didn't have to leave during our stay, and made simple meals in the complete, rennovated kitchen. (the dishwaher made this easy) Even cooked out steak on the communal charcoal grill. Saw dolphins, many birds, including an overly friendly egret who parked on the table on the deck, wondering what it was like inside. The price is right, and I know we will return. Check out the photos on the facebook for this unit - they do not oversell, the place is actually better than the pictures, which is rare. They have a small but nice pool, which was irrelevant to us, and the room is small, so this unit is not best for families, but fabulously romatic for couples, or families with one child. We will definitely return as long as they keep the rates reasonable, and in fact, I'm wishing I were there right now.

Room Tip: I would look at units with bedrooms for famiies. The beach access, particularly for the ground floor units would be great for kids. The trip from door to waves is about 15 yards. Second floor rooms have the view, ground floor rooms convenient beach and automobile access. Although it's close to the busy road, no road noise could be heard in the units, as the kitchen faced the road. Couldn't hear the road from the deck outside, either.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoundmyBeach
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Sea Horse on several visits to Longboat Key. Find the price good, and the sunset views spectacular. All apartments face the Gulf and the second floor ones have balconies. Very short drive to Sarasota. Will always try to book it when we visit the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gxdean
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our second visit this year to this little piece if paradise. Enjoyed 4 days of lovely weather and total relaxation, with wonderful sunsets. Totally recommend unit 247, which has been updated since our last visit in April, and looking good! Cannot wait for our return visit.....and .thanks to all the friendly staff

Room Tip: Accommodating up to 3 people, apartment 247 is great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family