“It was Great While it lasted!”
Review of Blue Iguana Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Iguana Cafe
Cuisines: American
Longboat Key, Florida
“It was Great While it lasted!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Now Closed, but it served great breakfasts for under 8 dollars, fast service and good heaping portions.

• Visited March 2012

Longboat Key, Florida
“Was an excellent restaurant for breakfast!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

But it is now closed. Too bad. They let one of the best waitresses go about 4 weeks ago so we wondered what was happening and when we saw they were closed at 7am one morning while walking the dogs and they opened at 6 am we got worries and too bad our worries were confirmed when the place was vacant and empty 4 days later when we visited the place again to see what was happening.

• Visited February 2012
Ohio
“Was a great place!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband & I recently bought a condo with in walking distance of the Blue Iguana. While I was at the condo for 3 weeks in February 2012, I walked to this cafe a few times. I had a hamburger/fries for lunchtime each time. The hamburger was AMAZING! The fries were great. When my husband came down for a long weekend, he ran down there to pick up some burgers to go. When my friend came down the next weekend, imagine my surprise to find the Blue Iguana closed :( So sad about that. The previous reviewer was right....dining choices at the N end of Longboat are slim. Too bad this cafe is gone. If the owner reads it..... PLEASE come back!

• Visited February 2012
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Great stop for breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Blue Iguana is tucked back in a seemingly deserted shopping center (Whitney Beach) near the north end of Longboat Key, Fl about 1/4 mile south of the bridge to Anna Maria Island. The menu is simple, but the food is good and the service is friendly and helpful. Prices are very reasonable for the location. We had a great chicken salad sandwich, fine french toast, and good pancakes. The tuna salad sandwich wasn't so great, but the burgers in the next booth looked tasty. They will also sell a loaf of the multigrain bread they use to you if you ask - it is delicious. I just heard they will be adding homemade donuts in the morning. Food choices at this end of the key are very limited, so this little gem is a blessing. Give them a try!

• Visited January 2012