“Desert and Jazz - It's just lovely.”
Review of Haye Loft

Haye Loft
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Longboat Key
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Desert and Jazz and light eating. What more could you want? It's a casual atmosphere with all of the goodly-goodness of Euphemia Haye's kitchen without all of the pomp. (Ummmm, by the way Euphemia Haye's duck is the best anywhere. But that's another review).

It's a great place to go after dinner for desert and coffee or chocolate cake and red wine (Mmmmmm, reeeddd wiiiinnne). When we go there's usually a solo guitarist playing soft jazz.

No, it's not the loft at Berns. But it won't take a wheelbarrow full of cash to have a piece of cake there either.

On Longboat key you have two types of people: those in the know and those who aren't. If you go to the Haye Loft, you are pretty much classified as being in the know. Isn't that what you want?

They usually have at least ten different deserts any given time. Some are pies, some are cakes. They have ice cream too. Did I mention that chocolate cake and red wine is my definition of heaven?

If you want to go to heaven, you now know how.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

A friend of ours raves about this place, so we HAD TO GO. Plus it was walking distance from our hotel. We do not especially care for fanciness, so we skipped the Euphemia restaurant on the main floor and went strait upstairs to Haye Loft. Same menu, less formal, lower prices. The bartender was very good, although he forgot to order my wife's side dish, so it was on him... We had the pate' as appetizer and it was exceptional. My roasted duck, the signature dish of the place, was good, but nothing special to write home about, but my wife really liked her grouper. And since we HAD TO try their dessert, we had the crumble pie (?). Again, good but not 'OMG' kind of good. Overall a good experience, a little expensive

Reviewed 25 April 2013

The pizza and cesar salad were good but the dessert bar is the reason to go. All the home made desserts, at least 15 to choose from. I have had; Lemon meringue pie, Coconut cream pie, Chocolate granache cake, and cheese cake. Not all at the same time. Can you tell I've been back again and again. The French Press coffee just sets the desserts off. You can sit inside and listen to the live music or enjoy the quiet on the veranda.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great late night spot! Grab some dessert and an apertif or coffee. Hopefully you will catch some great music to help you wind down.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This was the first restaurant we chose to go to on our arrival in Sarasota. We used to visit Longboat Key many times and although we had not been there for some 11 years, this was always one of our favourites. It was great to see when we arrived that it had not changed and so sitting in the Haye Loft having a drink to start and listening to the live music brought back so many good memories. However after this it went downhill! It was busy after all it was Xmas day. We always remembered the great fresh Caesar salad they did so that was our first choice. I wanted anchovies my wife didnt. Both arrived without anchovies and I asked for them to be added. A smal plate with a tiny amount of brown salty anchovies arrived for me to add! I was not impressed! We wanted to try the Goose but they were sold out so settled for the duck instead. It arrived covering the plate (no presetation) with no room to add vegetables. It was "huge" but not appetising, some parts of the duck were fine but other parts were dry. The chef was around and we did mention this to him but he seemed preoccupied and not very interested which again was disappointing! The service was average and it was not cheap..

1  Thank JohnCound