“just good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

there is little ambiance at this restaurant but it is our first choice when we want just a good Italian dinner. the food is fresh. the menu has enough variety to suit any palate. the garlic bread (complimentary) is to die for. the only negative is that it is a little pricey for pasta. but we keep coming back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A great little Italian restaurant. We stopped here only because the traffic to go over the Cortez bridge was too long. It does not look like inviting from the outside, but the food is excellent. We went with a party of six and ordered both from the specials and regular menu. Nothing was disappointing. Even the dinner salad was a delight of flavor and simplicity. Highly recommended.

2  Thank trugex
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife came in for dinner last night. I ordered the lasagna for my wife and I hade the Baked Ziti. The price was perfect for the food. Our waiter was very nice and pleasant to talk to. He ran at time and seemed to to be in a rush but overall it was very good service!! We will defiantly be coming back!!

1  Thank Thatoneguest
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were a group of 6 (4 adults, 2 children). We ordered two glasses of wine, four entrees, and one children's spaghetti to be shared between my two kids. The adults all really enjoyed their meals. I had brought food from home for my kids, who are both picky eaters. And so I only ordered a small plate of spaghetti with olive oil to supplement the food I brought them. I was charged $10 for the puny plate of spaghetti noodles that were tossed with a small amount of olive oil. We had visited many restaurants on our vacation, and many of them were much more upscale than this one. At those restaurants, the most expensive children's meal was $6.99, and it included a protein, side dish, and beverage. So, $10 for a plate of plain spaghetti noodles was outrageous. When I complained about the ridiculous cost of the children's spaghetti, the waiter agreed that we were being overcharged. He asked the manager on our behalf to adjust the price (I thought that $3-4 would have been a fair price for what we received), and so they knocked off $3. I was insulted. We ordered 4 adult entrees and two glasses of wine, and that was the best he could do for us? So much for keeping your customers happy. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and we will not be returning next year for our annual trip to Longboat Key.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

New friends recommended this place. The menu looked promising but then we were served the food. 2 of us ordered a veal dish with a sage sauce except that there was no flavor of sage. The 3 pieces of veal were about the size of a silver dollar but much thinner. The other 2 people ordered something else and were equally unhappy as well.Usually we try a restaurant twice before forming an opinion but not this time. After reading some of the reviews I almost questioned whether we were talking about the same place.