“Fantastic views from #302”

and 1 more site!
Sand Cay Condominiums Beach Resort
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stay over a long weekend in June not knowing what to expect. We were pleasently surprise to find this great value - better than the Longboat Key Club condos. Service staff was excellent and accomondating. Our unit #302 had fantastic views of the gulf and sunset, I never slept better in a condo/hotel - no noise despite the many families at the resort. We had all the kitchen needs that were recently upgraded. We will be back for more relaxation in the sun !

Room Tip: Take advantage of the higher floors with direct gulf views !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary L

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at longboat quay for 5 days in May. The condo was fabulous and slept 6 (2 bedrooms and 1 sofa bed). Lots of personal touches like beach towels, kids beach toys and books. Incredibly convenient, just steps away from the beautiful golden sandy beach. Lovely resort pool was a nice bonus. A publix supermarket just down the road has everything you'll need (but is rather pricy so bring food with you if you can!) A wonderful place to get away from it all! Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here June 10, 2013 to June 15, 2013. The location is great, a few steps to the beach or to the pool. Our unit was totally remodeled, it was beautiful. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need to cook a meal. The resort was quiet, and clean. I booked the stay with Terry Lewis. She was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I couldn't wait to meet her when we got there. She was consistently helpful through out our stay. I am already planning to come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I'm less than impressed... The only advantage is being in a place on the beach. The inside of our unit met our needs but not really a place that I felt was "nice". It has zero charm, coffee maker dirty w old coffee in it when we arrived, dead bugs in the bed and bird poop on windows. If you walk up from beach to the pool, you have to walk on grass, they don't have any path for it. We asked front desk about activities and they seemed to know less than I would... But offered Google! And the sand on the beach was dark had it has black grain to it, not at all what I'm used to seeing on Gulf beaches, I've been to Siesta Key a few times and the sand there is white like powdered sugar, I wouldn't have guessed that it could be so different here.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank AmyN12
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Based on reviews found in Tripadvisor, my wife and I spent 3 nights at the Sand Cay Beach Resort ( May 27-29, 2013). We arrived at 3:00 PM, At the manager's office,Olivia greeted us and our apartment 316 was ready for us. We had a great view of the Gulf, the apartment was immaculate, well furnished and very comfortable. In the mornings, we had coffee on our patio and cocktails in the evening.

We decided to have our main meal at lunch time so we tried Harry's Continental Kitchen on day 2 and the Dry Dock Restaurant on day 3. Both were great restaurants, the food and service excellent.

I don't remember when we had a better get-away. Longboat Key is like going back to "Old Florida". It is clean, laid back, quiet and thoroughly enjoyable. This was a great vacation. Thank you Tripadvisor and all those people who took the time to complete their reviews.

Room Tip: Unit 316 has a great location and an excellent gulf view. Recently updated, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlherk
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have been vacationing in Longboat key since 1998. We used to stay at the Key Club until a friend mentioned the Sandcay. We were tired of overpriced drinks, so gave it a try. This past weekend was our 7th stay in a row. The value is hard to beat. The exterior is not much o look at as you pull up, but the units inside are fine. They are spacious and very convenient. The beach is literally a few feet away and there is a Hilton next door with a neat tiki bar and pool. It was a little more crowded this weekend than in the past (we go every Memorial and Labor Day weekends), but still not too crowded. In general this location is perfect for families ... not great if you are 20-something and looking for a party scene. My one reco ... spend time on their website as each unit is different (and some much better than others). Do your homework up front. No doubt you'll want an ocean view ... nothing like grabbing coffee on your deck in morning overlooking a beautiful ocean view.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Everyone came away saying "Best vacation ever!" It was exactly what we were looking for - quiet, oceanfront, family oriented. The staff and the guest were friendly all of our encounters with the staff were pleasant. Members of my family went to the beach every day. I liked the pivate (somewhat) patio (shaded). We spent lots of time there also. I do wish that all the TVs had the same cable set up - the one in the 2nd bedroom didn't have cable at all. Luckily someone brought the Roku. While I like wildlife, seeing a 2 ft snake slither past my patio was startling. My daughter saw it again (or one like it) on her way to the garbage can. I only saw it once, maybe it had a room - I don't know. The snake stayed in his space and I stayed in mine. All in all we had a wonderful stay at Sandy Cay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
#3 of 5 in Longboat Key
Lido Beach Resort
Lido Beach Resort
#12 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to Sand Cay Condominiums Beach Resort? Share your experiences!