“Dry Dock... you made us all four love you and that isn't easy!!”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Gadsden, Alabama
“Dry Dock... you made us all four love you and that isn't easy!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family of four seafood lovers ate here early on during our seven day Sarasota vacation and on the night before we were to depart for home, we all decided we wanted to return here again instead of trying something new! The blackened shrimp will set your mouth and your heart on fire in the best way... my daughter and I had that both times we visited. Our son had two different kinds of seafood pasta and loved them both! My husband had snapper on the first visit and scallops and crab cakes on the second! All of us said this was our favorite place, hands down!! Now, to just try to get my husband to stop saying..."You know, ten hours really isn't that far to drive to eat at Dry Dock!!" And I didn't even mention the view, which by the way, is breathtaking as the sun goes down!!! Trust me on this, if you are in the area, do not pass this up! And go slow as you get close to the address, the sign and the parking are a little hard to find! Oh and if the green light is on in the water at dark, make sure to go to the pier to see all the fish swimming around it!

• Visited August 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Quality is the rule”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I love their shrimp salad, what a bummer, they did not have any. I asked why and was told that the owner could not buy the quality shrimp he wanted, so he took the dish off the menu. A serious man !

Visited May 2014
Charleston, West Virginia
“I just found it ok”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ate there with 4 other girls for dinner. Small area inside and out. My food was just ok, nothing to brag about. The other girls rated thiers as excellent so maybe it was just me. Lots of things for little ones to do while they wait. Thought it was a little wierd that dogs were allowed in the outside eating area.

• Visited July 2014
Berlin, Connecticut
“Ate there two days in a row!!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have eaten here in the past when visiting Sarasota so we were anticipating more good food. We weren't disappointed at all. The first night just my husband & I went there for dinner. I had the grilled shrimp & my husband ordered the sea bass. We ate outdoors & the waitress was friendly & efficient. Our meals were excellent. Hard to believe that with all the good restaurants in the Sarasota area we would return the next evening, but we find! We brought our brother & sister-in-law and ordered the same entrees as the night before-something we've never done before, especially while vacationing! They enjoyed their meals as much as we did. So glad we went back for Round 2.

• Visited June 2014
Morton, Illinois
“Enjoyable Dining Experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our dinners were fulfilling and delicious. My husband had the grouper grilled and I had the shrimp, lightly blackened and sea scallops, grilled served with yellow rice and a garden salad.
Other than parking being tight, a nice place inside or outside dining and possible seeing a manatee.

Visited August 2014