“Perfect Valentine's day getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arbors by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longboat Key
Arbors by the Sea
Albany, New York
“Perfect Valentine's day getaway!”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I've spent the past 4 years visiting Anna Maria Island in late November and I've always thought it was the most beautiful beach on this side of Florida. This year, for Valentine’s Day weekend, my girlfriend and I stayed at the “Iris cottage” at Arbors by the Sea in Longboat Key. It was beautiful; the cottage had a wonderful cozy feeling, a huge king size bed, granite countertops and even FIOS ultra high speed Internet! Being in this particular setting has changed my mind about where to go for rest and relaxation. The beach access was fantastic; I walked literally a few footsteps past the private hammocks and I had my own private beachfront. I didn’t need to haul a bunch of chairs down to the beach like I’ve always been accustomed to - everything you could possibly need was provided. The one thing I didn’t take advantage of was the private grilling areas outside each cottage because there were also so many great restaurants nearby. It’s the ideal vacation place for us!

Room Tip: Every option is great!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank shamisworldfamous

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
minneapolis
Reviewed 27 February 2011

There were 3 of us, best girlfriends, looking for a relaxing weekend. We found it! Granted there's no room service, but big deal. We stayed in the Rose cottage. It was perfect. Clean, fresh and well appointed. The flat screen TV's were unexpected and much appreciated! I learned later that all of the cottages have been recently renovated and updated and it showed. The water pressure was fantastic!! Close to everything. Walking distance to 2 restaurants and a short drive to Publix and CVS. The beach was wonderful and they provide plenty of chairs for sunning. The hammocks were wonderful as well. The only thng missing was a swimming pool! They even prvide a gas grill for grilling your own meals. This would be a great place for a family or a cuple or a group like us. Very nice. Would definately reccommend and would stay here again. Thank You!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank chaunceysmom
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My husband & I stayed in the Ivy Cottage for two weeks late August/early September. We fell in love with it's quaintness; old charm quality and cleanliness !! The hosts George & Barbara are amazing and assist you at the drop of a hat. George gave us a tour of a few other cottages that were empty and they are adorable too. There is a lovely garden area w/deck & firepit; hammocks; lots of lounge chairs for the beach. The beach at LBK is amazing; loved just laying on the lounge chair waiting for the dolphins to swim by - which they usually did. Very nice restaurants w/in walking distance across the street; one for breakfast & one for dinner. Modern laundry facilities are on site and they even supply the soap & fabric softner; which astonished me. Try Arbors by the Sea; you won't be disappointed. I know we'll be back !!. Many thanks to George & Barbara for their assistance during our stay. Doug & Vicki McConnell

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vixstress
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Forget the condo- Arbors is small and charming with all the amenities that a well seasoned traveler would expect. We stayed in the Iris Cottage but have seen the others. They are all in super condition and meet "The Standard". Climate controlled, flat panel Fios TV, Internet, clean & bright. Go on vacation with the feeling of being at home. Good location, attention to detail, beautiful grounds, cottages and beach front make it a good call.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goodtogo777
kc
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Me and my husband stayed at the Jasmine and were married on the beach in May. The wedding was gorgeous and more than I could have asked for! The cottages were just adorable and so clean! The private beach area made for such a beautiful and private wedding. Many family and friends stayed at the other cottages and loved them just as much as we did! The setup was perfect for a small wedding and reception of 25 people. The landscaping was gorgeous and made for great wedding pics.
I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to get married!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank kjandersenc1976
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We were happy to find Arbors by the Sea, tucked away amongst lovely flowers
(hybiscus, impatiens, flowering vines on each arbor trellis.) I could sense the owners cared about their place. A real sense of privacy. A very short walk to the white beach,
and clear turquoise (warm) water of the Gulf. Beach was not crowded at all- - - - - 5-6 people in sight. No one nearby.
Our cabin was super clean (no cleaning product odors though, which was nice- - - - just the sense that competent cleaning staff had been there. )
Every appliance is provided, granite counters, hardwood floors. Furniture is in good repair. Again, the owners have a lovely sense of color and decoration without it being
stiff. It is homey, cozy, welcoming, but I would say upscale.
Our patio had shade around dinner time, and the chaise lounge had nice cushions.
A grill was there, table, chairs.
We found Arbors by the Sea to be a very quiet resort, therefore very restful.
The week we were there ( just leading up to Memorial Day) there were no loud
occupants, nor any intrusive music from clubs/nightclubs. We did not notice any clubs
on Longboat Key- - - - -if they were there they were tucked away. Or guests could drive
a short way up to Anna Maria area to perhaps find nightlife.
We were looking for peace and quiet, and we found it.
Restaurants were plentiful- - - we didn't get to try them all. We enjoyed Lazy Lobster the most, which was very nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmet
Summertown, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Arbors by the Sea is simply fantastic, beautiful surroundings, lovely, cozy, quaint cottages. Gorgeous beach & water. You couldn’t ask for more. You won’t be disappointed, In fact you will be stunned by the overall beauty and atmosphere of this little paradise. The sunsets on the beach....well you just have to be there to experience it. Be sure to take a flashlight with you and look for white sand crabs on the beach after dark....lots of fun. Shell hunting on the beach and in the water is also fun. We picked up many beautiful shells to bring home. Any negative review of this resort will likely be dated before Nov 2008. Arbors by the Sea is now under new ownership & management and has undergone a complete renovation. If you read any negative reviews after Nov 2008, you can whole-heartily ignore them, obviously the reviewer(s) can’t be pleased. I and my wife are difficult to please, and we fell in love with Arbors by the Sea. And I assure you it will be a regular vacation destination for us. The only thing that would make it better is if it was mine!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
#11 of 49 in Sarasota
Beach Castle Resort
Beach Castle Resort
#13 of 20 in Longboat Key

Been to Arbors by the Sea? Share your experiences!