Beach Castle is uniquely set on a narrow section of Longboat Key, giving you access not only to the Gulf of Mexico's BEAUTIFUL waters. But, from Beach Castle you can also access the bay and do things like fish from the dock or take a kayak or canoe out into the bay. The staff is INCREDIBLY friendly. I felt super safe there anytime I went out alone.
My favorite thing was when my husband and I took the kayak out in the bay. The water is fairly shallow and the bird life was incredible. It was so fun just paddling along. We decided to brave it and go under the bridge and out into the ocean (heading back to our Beach Castle). It was a bit scary getting through the current under the bridge (you HAVE to time this right or it's dangerous). But, we took that into consideration when we headed out. As we were kayaking out in the Gulf, we could see a school of dolphins hanging out near a fishing boat. I got super excited. We continued to paddle along and then the dolphins came over near us to investigate. At one point a couple of them swam up to our kayak and then dove down under it. I was in HEAVEN!! It was awesome!
I loved our stay at the Beach Castle. It's hard to believe that there is a place so beautiful in the US. It feel like being in the Carribean. Sunrise and sunset views were icing on the cake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between the azure blue of the Southwest Florida skies, and the turquoise Gulf of Mexico waters sits Beach Castle Resort on Longboat Key. A true beach-to-bay community, Beach Castle rests on one of the narrowest points of this prestigious island allowing the community to extend from the Gulf side to the bay side – a quality few have the privilege to carry. With various locations to choose from, including Gulf front, bay front, pool and garden views – this charming resort caters to even the most discerning traveler. Equipped with spacious one-, two-, and three-bedroom options, this 21-unit condominium resort offers a laid-back appeal. Beach Castle Resort is a classic choice with amenities that cater to an array of travelers providing the perfect vacation experience. Holding a reputation on the island as one of the top accommodation options, Beach Castle Resort exudes charm and perfection that wins the hearts of all who stay here. Many of our guests return year-after-year. Economically priced, combined with exceptional furnishings and unique amenities including private beach access and a bay front fishing or boating dock, Beach Castle offers vacationers a glimpse into reminiscent days of Old Florida charm and private getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beach Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Castle Hotel Longboat Key
- Beach Castle Resort Longboat Key, Florida