We booked a beachfront room (#250) for our 10-year anniversary. Was reading reviews of hotels and resorts for months before choosing Silver Sands. Ultimately, it was the location that drew us in, since while we wanted someplace quiet, we also wanted to be able to go out to dinner without driving forever. The location was nice - good places to eat nearby, and only about a 10-minute drive to St. Armand's Circle. (Went to "Dry Rock Waterfront Grill" and "Old Salty Dog" and "Dolphin Cafe"). Our room was very clean and well-maintained. Our only complaint was that the bed was squeaky, and you could hear people who were in the hallways/corridors. Our room was right next to the stairs down to the beach, which was convenient, but also meant you could hear people talking as they are heading to the beach in the morning. I never heard anyone else (no noise or talking next door), but it was a little annoying that our bedroom was right next to the stairs, so we were awoken every morning by excited kids and families heading to the beach.
The pictures of this unit don't really do the view justice. The living room, dining room, and a screened outdoor patio ALL look out over the beach. Very beautiful indeed. I was also impressed with how well we were taken care of. Everything was included. Beach towels supplied, beach umbrellas available, plenty of lounge chairs down by the beach, a drying rack outside to hang your bathing suits, shampoo/conditioner/lotion and soap, dishwashing soap and sponge, Tide detergent, dishwasher soap, coffee, etc. The kitchen also was one of the better-stocked of hotel kitchens. Pans even included a nonstick small saute pan. We really had everything we needed. Housekeeping service was polite and noninvasive. If you have your "Do Not Disturb" sign on, they will leave a bag of supplies (towels, and soap replacements for everything supplied) at your door.
Overall, while I was very pleased with the resort, I don't think I'll stay here again. The beach itself at Longboat Key is not as nice as Anna Maria Island or some of the other local beaches. Tons of dried seaweed along the shoreline, and sand is a little coarser than the powder you find on other Sarasota beaches. I also felt that while other units may be more appropriately priced, our unit was too expensive for what we got. The price seemed tolerable until you factored in the $50/night resort and other fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let your senses be your guide at Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort on Longboat Key. From the moment you arrive at this Gulf front condominium complex, you will be in sensory overload. The aroma of tropical flora and warm salty air surround you on Longboat Key - this bouquet of scents will have you returning to this beautiful destination again and again. Are you in need of some relaxation? Why not take a walk along our private beach and take a dip in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. We have the most beautiful sunsets to offer here on Florida's Southwest coast - we invite you to relax in a complimentary lounge chair at the beach as the sun sets in her many array of colors.Our on-site amenities are plentiful and include a heated, Gulf front swimming pool, putting green and shuffleboard courts, private beach access, BBQ area, and on-site office. Choose from our various unit styles that include: hotel rooms, one- and two-bedroom units with an assortment of views to choose from including garden, pool/Gulf front and Gulf front views. All units come equipped with a full-size kitchen or kitchenette, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access and daily maid service. We invite you to book your Silver Sands vacation and create memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Gulf Beach Hotel Longboat Key
- Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort Longboat Key, Florida