“Never disappointed.”

Resort at Longboat Key Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Longboat Key
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Considering the sheer beauty of this property, one might overlook possible disappoints in service, but we have never had to. Every time our family visits, we feel at home. The rooms are always impeccable, the beach is clean and inviting, the grounds are well maintained and the service is top notch. We all enjoy our personal space, so we are able to relax because of their spacious room layout and furnished kitchens. The property is not far from any other destinations including fine dining or shopping venues. We always look forward to our next trip "home".

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Richard M

Thank you for taking to time to offer your feedback. It is very much appreciated that you recognize the “sheer beauty” of the resort and that you continue to visit us as a repeat customer. Thanks for mentioning the clean beach and the service you experience with us on your trips “home” to the resort.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Came for just one night, got there right at check in time and had to wait 2.5 hours to get a room. Had room service for dinner and the food was poor to fair at best. At least our room was far enough down that we were not right over the pool but being on the second floor we had more of a palm tree view than beach.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher or building 1 or 4 are away from pool.
1  Thank guggleplex
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear guggleplex:
Very sorry you had to wait for your room. Our goal is to have the suites ready by the start of check-in time and I apologize that we did not meet the mark in your case. Hope you will try us again and please contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We booked through virgin holidays the room was fantastic great beach view, well equiped with fridge, coffee machine, kitchen sink and crockery and cutlery, pool area was well looked after with easy beach access. Breakfast up to $50 per day was included and a fresh basket of fruit was delivered to our room. Easy distance to st armands circle and good restaurants nearby too. Will definately go back.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor sea view block 2

Dear 49 Janette

Thank you for reviewing the resort and offering your feedback on the experience. Glad you were able to take advantage of the breakfast offer package which is one of many options we offer. Thanks for your mention of the pool/beach area as our team in that area work hard to keep it well maintained for you. Look forward to having you visit us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed in the Junior king suite over this past weekend. Had a beautiful full view of the beach/ocean as advertised. Truly beautiful. I also found the resort to be very clean, though somewhat dated rooms, and the staff was quite friendly. Restaurants we visited were great, and the servers were professional and informative and welcoming of young children. What I didn't like: there is a resort fee added on to the cost of the room. This would be fine if there was value for that money. I presume the resort fee covers pool seating, beach chairs, etc; however, when the staff allows guests to hoard pool side chairs all day, preventing others from sitting by pool, it is quite frustrating. My family sat near the pool and had lunch and several drinks at the poolside restaurant. During the 2 1/2 hour period we sat there, we noted 10 seats in a row that were never occupied, but were "reserved" with magazines, towels and sunblock. After the 2 1/2 hours, I asked a nearby guest if anyone was using the chairs, and he stated "no one has been sitting there all day". I then asked an employee about the rules and he said that chairs unoccupied for an hour could be given to another guest. So, I removed towels from 2 chairs and used .. Just 2 of the 10 chairs, for my family of 5. Shortly thereafter, the guests who had "reserved" them without occupying them all day, returned from the beach and wanted "their" chairs back... Ridiculous! I payed the same resort fee and had to get into confrontations just to sit near the pool so I could closely monitor my young kids... Doesn't make for a relaxing vacation. I certainly would hate to see strict chair policing at a resort, but there does need to be some observation and enforcement of rules by the staff so that all guests may enjoy their vacation. This was not an isolated event, either. The three days we were on property, we observed the "reserved, yet unoccupied" chairs all day long.

Additionally, I had to pay a fee for a rollaway bed..$30/night. A bit steep when you say a room sleeps 5, but only provide a king bed in that type of suite. Again, not a great value... Perhaps the rollaway bed should be included in the resort fee.

Other than the above mentioned issues, it's a nice place and I would recommend. I would have given it a 4/5 if I hadn't had the above experiences at the resort.

Room Tip: Spring for the beach ocean view... It's worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear BayGirl95:

Thank you for your review and mentioning we are a nice place that you would recommend. I would be happy to address your two points you raised. First, we do have a chair policy of “chairs unoccupied for more than one hour may be given to other guests” What we ask is that you allow our pool/beach team assist in this process and then we will deal directly with the guests upon their return. This issue is typically only a challenge on very busy holiday weekends and we always have plenty of cabanas available on the beach. We are also getting ready to install new pool furnishings that will allow additional seating capacity.

Many properties charge fees per hour for cabanas and beach loungers. We do not as that is one of that many items the Resort Fee includes. I’m sorry you did not find value in this, but if you read many of our reviews, must of our guests appreciate the resort fee to include so much.

Ours includes:
Bicycles
Local and Toll free calls
On Property Transportation
Scheduled transportation to St Armand’s Circle and Grocery Store.
Use of One Double Cabana or Chair Loungers and Umbrella
Towels and Chair Covers
Key Card Charging Privileges
Access to Concierge and Bellman Services
Notary Services
Daily Newspaper
Access to Business Center
Library usage of Books and Media

Also, we do charge for the rollaway usage as they require set-up,etc. Unlike many competitors, we do not ever charge for extra persons in the suite (up to capacity) and also offer Pack-and-Plays complimentary.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

While the room and immentites were nice, the view was not described accurately at all. The "gulf view" as falsely described for suite 2302 is more a pool view and palm tree fronds view. We chose the more expensive option and wanted to splurge a little to celebrate my 40th birthday and the view was VERY disappointing. When I expressed my disappointmnet to the concierge upon my check out, she essentially dismissed me and said (as if it was common knowledge) that we booked a "junior" suite and none of the junior suites have a gulf view to which I replied, then perhaps it should be advertised as such. Still, same dismissive attitude. But, that is ok there are plenty of other resorts who would appreciate my money and would want me to come back. Not only would I not go back, I would not recommend it and attempt to desuade anyone thinking about booking there.

Room Tip: Don't go by the description. Call resort and ask specifcially if is a "junior" suite...
4  Thank Joanna N

Dear Joanna N:

I apologize you did not enjoy your view. The Gulf view junior suites all have a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Some do have more of a direct view than others, but they all have the view. We also offer “Premium” junior suites that are located floors 4-6 with a more bird’s eye view of the Gulf. We did not measure up in your expectations and I am sorry for that. We would certainly like to have another chance with you to enjoy our resort.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have a very large family, 20+ and have been vacationing in longboat key for just as many years. This year was the fourth year staying at the longboat key club and we always have a fabulous trip! Brad Blackwell is one of the staff members who goes above and beyond to make our stay amazing! He's not only friendly and helpful but he always works hard making each and every guest feel right at home! For any traveler, with families and children or for a romantic getaway, the longboat key club is the perfect place to vacation!!! Enjoy the white sand and clean rooms and stop by the beach hut and say hi to Brad(the beard guy) and trust me you'll be taken care of!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Jmeluv21

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback of the wonderful experience your family of over 20 people had at the resort. We are so pleased you continue to choose the Resort at Longboat Key Club for your family get-together. I am proud to work with Brad. I completely agree with you that he “goes above and beyond”. We have a great team of professionals who look forward to serving our valued guests such as yourselves.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have been to Longboat Key on a number of occasions, but this was our first stay at the Longboat Key Club. Our room a junior suite was in block 4 and overlooked the Gulf/sea. The room and the in room facilities were excellent with a small kitchenette, washing machine, dryer and dishwasher. This allowed us to save a little money by making our own breakfast and occasional lunch. The beach was on our door step with cabanas, sun loungers etc, with excellent beach staff and as required a bar service. There is also a pool but this tends to get crowded up with children and even though there are sun shades, can get very hot. There is also a bar here where we watched Murray win at Wimbledon ! Overall very pleased, it is on the expensive side but well worth that little extra once in a while.

Room Tip: Blocks 1, 2 and 3 are next to the pool, blocks 4 and 5 are slightly further away and as such quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear davglyn:

I'm glad you have found the resort at Longboat Key Club and had a wonderful experience with us. I'm also glad you loved your Gulf view from your Junior Suite and were able to utilize the kitchen, etc. I will pass on your comments about the excellent beach staff and bar service to the team.

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#4 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!