“Just ok”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Valrico
“Just ok”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for a weekend. It's supposed to be a high end hotel, but I thought the facility and rooms were pretty outdated. The location is spectacular. We saw manatees, dolphins, and lots of birds. It's nice, but I wouldn't stay there again, there are better choices out there. Plus there are lots of snobby rich people, why they choose to stay there is beyond me.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Lisa S
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Lisa S
Thanks for reviewing us. I’m sorry you felt anything outdated as we are constantly upgrading. For example, the rooms were done within the past few years, the pool furniture is less than 2 months old, the Spa was completely redone and re-opened 2 weeks ago, the golf course has also had major renovations over the past three months and the Harborside locker rooms completely re-done over the last month. I feel the resort works hard to have an updated look while still preserving the natural beauty that is here. I never get tired of watching the manatees and dolphins swimming nearby. Again, we appreciate your point of view and thanks for taking the time to review.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at resort recently for 3 nights. We had a king suite with beach view in building 3. The room was nicely appointed and spacious. We found the resort to be overpriced for what you get. We paid $62 for lunch by the pool. Two drinks, a burger and a club sandwich. We had dinner at Sandpoint our first night. The food was fair at best. Overall, when returning to the area, we will be staying elsewhere.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ILove2travel1
Dear ILove2travel1:

Thank you for staying with us. I’m sorry you have concerns about the pricing. We are a full service resort with, pool, beach, spa, tennis, golf, 6 restaurants, spacious suites, activities program, etc. I do believe we offer a lot of value for the prices charged and I am sorry you did not feel the same. If there is anything concerning your stay that I may discuss with you, I may be reached at 800-237-8821.

U.S
Reviewed 13 November 2013

OK, I am siitting on the patio of my 4th floor suite looking out over the ocean with a fantastic sunset view. but it didn,t start that way. i made resevations for building 1, upper floors. There are 4 Bldgs in the resort, 1,2,3,4. Bldg 1 & 4 are set looking out by itself. Bldg 3& 4 overlook the pool & ocean, which I didn,t want because I like to be on the patio without people looking back at me . When I arrived they sent me to Blg 1 ,2nd floor room 3. Now , I dont know about you, but when I am paying for a suite with ocean view, that,s what I want! WRONG!!!! Be ADVISED !!! If you want ocean view, you have to be floor 3 or higher. They have Palm trees blocking your view of the beach and sunset in Bldg 1. Our first night, we couldn,t see the sunset because of the trees. So, I call the front desk and ask them to change my room, and they did. I am now in BLDG 4, which is fantasticany. Great sunset view, all is great.CAUTION!!! still get floor 3 or higher.
The siute is very 1970's but nice. Good size , great little kitchenette, very comfy.
Now the bad news. The bathroom is average at best. The toilet is so close to the wall, you have to sit sideways, and I am not a big guy !! And the fan sounds like an Evergaldes airboat. Bring headphones !!!! So to summerize, all is great except the bathrooms.

The reort is very good, the people are great, wanting to please, Mike the beach attendant is awesome. The pool is even heated. The ocean is cold for me, 72* , too cold for my bones.
The Publix is right down the road, resot restaurants are ok, and other rest Are close.

I would come back in a heartbeat. BLDG 4 , 3rd floor or higher, suite.
Hope this helps.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TMJETS:

Thank you for being our guest and for your comments. We do our best to accommodate each person’s request while they are our guest when it comes to location. I’m glad we were able to change you over to the suite of your preference. I believe I may have been the person to show you the options and specifically the building 4 suite you moved to. I’m sorry that the palm tree near your original unit was not to your liking, but there are many lower floor units with spectacular views to the water. We will address the bathroom fan in the unit you moved to.

Look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to the Resort at Longboat Key Club.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Resort at Longboat Key Club. We particularly enjoyed the beach and the tennis club.

We stayed in a junior suite with a golf course view. There were just two of us, but the room would be comfortable for a small family. Our room was very nice - everything was in excellent condition. We had a king bed, a couch (queen sleeper) and a side chair. All were very comfortable. In addition, the room had a small table for 4 people, a full sized refrigerator, stove (no oven), microwave, small dishwasher and a washer and dryer. There was plenty of closet space and a large dressing area and bathroom.

The junior suites all have balconies with a patio table and chaise. Unfortunately, if your room is on a lower level (we were on the 1st floor) - the balconies are not private (they're shared with the neighboring suites). This was our only disappointment - the resort photos don't show the rooms with the shared balconies.

The resort has a large pool and is right on the beach. Their beach is well equipped with cabanas, umbrellas, beach chairs, and a few hammocks (no charge). You can also rent kayaks, sailboats and other water sport items.

The resort also has access to a beautiful tennis club about 5 minutes away (Tennis Gardens). Zo at the Tennis Gardens arranged matches for us each day that we were there. She was really helpful and welcoming. The club also offers numerous social events and clinics.

The reception, beach, housekeeping staff were great. They were all professional, friendly and helpful.

While the resort is pricey, we would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Roch2010:

It was our pleasure having you as our guests at the Resort. Glad you enjoyed the Junior Suite, the size and the layout. Thanks for your comment about the balcony. The balcony is actually private for your suite, but the lowest floor also have the addition of a wooden deck, which is the shared element with the neighboring suite. In the lower floor one and two bedroom suites, the balcony and the wooden deck are not shared.

Glad you enjoyed the pool and beach areas and found them well equipped. Thank you for specifically mentioning Zo at the Tennis Gardens. I am proud of her for being a superstar!

We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First I want to say that longboat key clubs is one of my favorite getaways...as a centurion American Express holder I have stayed in many fine hotels and resorts and longboat key club is near the top. I don't usually take time to write a review but after staying there this last weekend I had the privilege of dealing with Matthew Gordon at the front desk. Matthew is someone who really understands customer service and knows how to go out of his way to make sure a guest receives the best treatment and service for a great vacation. Unfortunately it is becoming more and more rare to find "team members" that understands this and when you find someone that does, it does not go unnoticed. The resort is fantastic but in the end what I will remember most will be they way my family and I were taken care of with A++ service??? Thank you Matt for going above and beyond!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael M
Dear Michael M

We appreciate you rating us a “5”! Thank you for recognizing Matt Gordon. I have also thanked him for making a positive impression on you and he certainly exemplifies our team here at the Resort at Longboat Key Club. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Perfect! Accommodations, Service and Facilities were perfect and we cannot wait to return. The beach has recovered from the storms of 2012. The landscaping at the resort and surrounding community is exquisite, a far cry from the dry conditions we returned to.

Room Tip: Beach view is highly recommended
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dean H:

Thank you for giving us a Perfect 5! We greatly appreciate you being our guests and are most pleased you had an exceptional stay.

Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Fantastic beach resort with lots of amenities. Service and staff are second to none! My wife and I have stayed here for business/vacation every year for 10 years or more. Always clean rooms with a fantastic view of the gulf and beach. Food is usually very good to excellent. One of the best poolside "Cuban Sandwiches" I ever had. And my wife loved the "Grouper Tacos!" Golf and spa on site are awesome! Pricey.. but worth it in our opinion. Lots of European and Canadian travels here. A must if visiting South West Florida.

Room Tip: Beach view with balcony in building #1, #2, #3, #4. Other buildings are golf view or lagoon view. N...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mikey019:
Thank you for your great review and for your 10+ years of patronage to the resort. I’ve already had other guests coming in asking where to get the Cuban Sandwiches after reading your review!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
#2 of 15 in Holmes Beach
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#4 of 49 in Sarasota

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!