My wife and I stayed twice this past month, each for 4 days. Our first four days, we reserved a Lagoon View Jr. Suite in Bldg. #6. It was excellent and the accommodations were first rate. The view was peaceful and serene, well worth a stay. Our second 4 day stay was in an Ocean View Jr. Suite in Bldg. #4 and it was even better. The sound of the waves crashing, the expansive view of the water and the overall location were just about perfect. The Jr. Suites are the same size in each location (seemed to be just about identical) & are clearly engineered to make your stay carefree in every way. The suite's washer and dryer were extremely useful, as we played tennis regularly and used them quite a bit. Overall, our stays were excellent & we highly recommend the accommodations. Additionally, I can't say enough about the resort's tennis facilities and the Tennis Concierge Zo, who managed to get both of us into appropriate level games just about every day (a real challenge since we're at very different levels, but needed matches at the same time so that we could do other things together). I've had a lot of poor experiences trying to get matched with high level doubles players when I travel, since I'm a 60+ year old who plays at a 4.5+ level, but Zo managed to get me in with some very good players that were welcoming & friendly. We were also impressed with the Resort Concierge who recommended great places to eat in Longboat Key and Sarasota and made reservations for each place we were interested in. On site, we especially liked the Tavern & Whiskey Lounge for lunch and for their Mon. night burger dinner. The pool area restaurant also good at lunch although the staff seemed somewhat disorganized and the service slow and unsure.
Overall, we highly recommend this resort, as it is in a great location, has great facilities, is extremely friendly & competent and, although not inexpensive, is a solid value for what you get. We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort
- Resort At Longboat Key Club Florida