“Great view”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
scotland
“Great view”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights here which were very enjoyable. Service was good and everything worked out to our satisfaction. Our room had spectacular view over the sea with wonderful sunsets. Liked the fact there was a microwave in room which I used for tea but would be really useful for families with young kids. The local Publix supermarket also had a incredible range of microwave meals for those wishing a break from eating out or economising. Nice pool and well managed beach area. I got to pick my spot on the beach and sun loungers and umbrella were brought to me. They also served drinks on the beautiful beach. We also had a round of golf which was great fun. We hired clubs from the clubhouse and thought it to be good value. Breakfast at the club set us up for the round. There were lots of birdies on the course unfortunately of the ornithological sort not the golfing variety! A 5 min drive away there was a great selection of shops and restaurants at St Armands circle. All in all a great resort.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear WeelassieScottland:

Thank you for the “5” rating! We appreciate your comments. Thanks for noting the wonderful service you experienced at the beach. Our goal is always to surpass your expectations. Glad you also enjoyed the golf course. Come back and see us again and hopefully we can have more Birdies on your scorecard :)

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We were recently traveling on kids vacation thru south west Florida. We needed a place for 3 night to stay and visit friends . Thru hot wire we found a 1 bedroom suite at the Long boat Key Club. The price thru hot wire was $100.per night cheaper than booking thru the front desk of the Hotel. Great Beach Property to sit out and relax. Room could use some updating as the toliet clogged and bathtub drain was having issue. The master bed sheets were in need of replacement. The othe kicker is the bar gives you your bill with 20% tip already included and there asking if you want to give more !! Tacky is you ask me.

Room Tip: look at rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris H
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Chris H:

Thanks for being our guest and taking the time to review. Glad you enjoyed your stay overall and you feel it is a Great beach property to sit and relax at with your family. We are well equipped for family stays and hope you will return again. I will review your sheet concern with housekeeping. We do use very high thread count sheets and replace often. I apologize you had the plumbing issues. Our goal is to be proactive in this area whenever possible. We do add the 20% service charge as is customary in many resorts and clubs. If you object to it, it can be removed.

Maryland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I spent 5 nights here while watching Orioles Spring Training baseball.

I had a one bedroom suite with a beach view in building number one. The suite was large, as was the wonderful balcony. I loved the room and the view. It was just what I wanted. My room looked just like the one on the resort website.

I did not use the resort amenties so I can't comment on those. It was cool so we did not sit on the beach. I ate away from the resort property and do not golf or play tennis. My primary reason for staying here was for the location. This is an expensive place to stay but I would come back.

There were a lot of different kinds of birds on the beach. Pelicans everyday at the jetty, a few dolphins.

What impressed me the most was the resort's response to my room request. I asked for a quiet room with a good beach view. I was assigned a corner room on the top floor in the building away from the pool area. It was quiet. I slept with the windows open to hear the surf and the view from the balcony was fantastic. I did not want to leave.

Room Tip: Building number one was away from the action and in a quiet location. Great view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear MDEliz:
Thank you for your “5” rating. Glad you stayed with us while in town to watch Spring Training. I’m glad we were able to accommodate your requests for a quite suite with a spectacular beach view and you were able to enjoy watching the birds on the beach. From birds, to turtles, to dolphins and manatee, there is always some spectacular wildlife to see from our property.

Hopefully you will return soon and enjoy the rest of the amenities on our property.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our company had a meeting here for 3 days. Everything was perfect! Our room was large / clean and had a great balcony with an ocean view. Service throughout the resort was very attentive. The grounds were immaculate. Played golf one day and the course was in great condition. Truly one of the nicest places we have been. Cannot wait to return. A perfect winter get away!

Room Tip: Building #3 - 3rd floor or higher!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Don P
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Don P:
Thank you for your “5” rating. I’m glad you had such a successful meeting with us and were also able to utilize the facilities including golf. We have done major renovations to the golf courses this last year and have even more new sod on order for this year. The course is in great shape and we have a wonderful team that works hard to keep improving it. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip for an even better golf experience.

Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had intended to use this hotel as a base to explore the nearby towns during our 3 day stopover. In the end, we went no further than downtown Sarasota, We will have to come back again and stick to our original plan.
Our allocated room was on the 6th floor of Building 3. Good balcony area overlooked the bay. It was a joy to sit out and gaze at the setting sun. No noise once the pool activity died away, very comfortable, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities....all reviewed in depth by others. Ashamed to admit the we barely made use of the ample facilities (golf, tennis, restaurants, etc), but kept life simple with poolside dining which was good with helpful, friendly service. It is not cheap, but I guess you expect that in order to maintain standards in an area like this.
One thing which we, as first-time British visitors would have found helpful would have been a simple step-by-step guide to the resort.; where to park, where do you find the beach towels, where do you eat and what is the dress code etc. We found it a little overwhelming at first and such an information sheet would have been a blessing.
Other than that, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Happyretiree63:

Thank you for the “5” rating! It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy the beautiful Gulf view from building 3. The sunsets on Longboat Key are magical and truly a blessing. Glad you were able to truly relax and enjoy the property. I apologize the resort was not explained in whole upon check-in. I will review that procedure with our team as it is vital in getting your stay off to the right start. Our Guest Service team including concierge are available to help plan any need or desire you have. Looks like you may need to return a couple more times, once to explore the area as you mention and another to explore the resort offerings (golf, tennis, restaurants, etc) --:)

Thank you again for being our guest.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 February 2014

For the second year we have visited the Longboat Key resort and it has more than lived up to our expectations. Very friendly and helpful staff, great room, excellent restaurants and very fine service. We can really recommend this place!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Birgit F
Dear Birget F:
You for your “5” review! We appreciate your kind mention of our staff as well as the restaurants and accommodations. Personal recommendations is still the best way for us to find new customers. We look forward to seeing you again for your 3rd year!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Overall this is a very good hotel. Nice location, nice rooms, all the usual characteristics of a very good hotel. What stood out for me, however, was the level of service and the exceptional attitude of the staff. While on vacation there my husband became ill and was hospitalized for a couple of days. During this period, just about every staff member I came into contact with asked about him, and I could tell that the concern was genuine. In particular, I would like to recognize one person, Matthew Gordon, who was working on the front desk. When I mentioned to him that our rental car was stranded at the medical centre from which the ambulance took us to the hospital, he offered to drive me there to retrieve the rental. He in fact drove me in his personal vehicle and on the return drive to the hotel he stayed just in front of me to ensure that I got back safely. I was absolutely blown away by this gesture. We had to cut our vacation short to return home, but we would return in an instant for a future vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SharonB1948
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear SharonB1948:
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the resort for the time you were with us and that you saw our customer spirit in our staff. We are all very sorry your husband had the situation he did while you were both enjoying your time. I appreciate your review as well as the email you sent me directly. Matthew is a very good leader of our team and I'm glad he was able to make your situation a bit better.

We will look forward in welcoming you in the future. Our thoughts are with you and your husband.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Tropical Breeze Resort
Tropical Breeze Resort
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!