“Great location oceanfront”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Columbus, NC
“Great location oceanfront”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed 4 nights at an oceanfront room. The room was very clean, bathroom also very clean. We had a balcony overlooking the beach. This is a very quiet part of the beach. Not too many people around. We will come back again. Loved watching the sunset everyday from our balcony.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront room, it is worth the price.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
DinaColumbus_NC
Thank you for the “5” review. We greatly appreciate your staying with us and glad you loved your clean room with the great view of the sunset! Hope to see you again in the future.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked into this resort today and so far are not impressed. There has already been much said about the resort fees so I won't elaborate except to say - the hotel should really provide ALL of what they claim those fees cover. To show up 7 months obviously pregnant and have no one offer to help us with our bags after waiting 1.5 hrs for the room - how can you justify including bellman services in this fee?? I called the front desk to point this out after my husband made 4 trips to our 3rd floor room and all the explanation I got was that the "fee includes lots of other things as well". "Make sure you call at check out and someone will help you". Right. And if I had brought my own towel could I then opt out of this fee? Unlikely.

4 Thank Eastcoast N
Dear Eastcoast N:
I sincerely apologize if bag services were not offered. That is not our standard and it is unacceptable. We have ample bellman to aid all of our guests with check-in and check-out and it certainly should have been handled for you. I see you wrote this review after only the first day with us. Hopefully your stay improved as it continued. I would like to speak to you concerning your experience so I have the opportunity to make it right for you .I may be reached directly at 941-387-1567.

portugal
Reviewed 27 March 2014

we have stayed here for the last couple of years and love this resort with the exception of checking in. this year we waited 1hour and an half for our room to be ready. this has happened every year. maybe they need to hire more help to clean and better communication with the staff. this is really doesnt start your vacation at Longboat Key with a positive note. this year the whole staff seemed to be frazzled.

Room Tip: building one or four are great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ddrob
Dear ddrob:
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad you love the resort and we appreciate you returning over the past several years. I apologize you had to wait for your suite but it is important to us that we prepare it properly for you. If you are planning to arrive prior to check-in time, it may be helpful to let us know so we may priority status the suite. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The location was beach front with a spa and golf about 1/4 mile from our tower. The rooms were fully equipped with a kitchen, dish and laundry machine. But, this 4 star resort was very far from 5 star. The elevators were worn with cracked tiles, which pretty much described the place. The beach had free chairs and cabanas, drinks were inexpensive so, they did offer value. The breakfasts were inexpensive and good. Service was spotty, with many Eastern Europeans waiting on tables in a not so efficient fashion.

3 Thank Dermazoo
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Detmazoo:

Thank you for your review of the resort. I appreciate your mention of the fully equipped kitchen as well as the fact that we offer value. I apologize for the elevator floor issues. We agree and have it scheduled as we end season. All elevator cab floors are in the process of being replaced and should be completed in the next 30 days. I will review your service concerns with our associates as we strive for an exceptional service delivery

nyc
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Id question the widely advertised 4 star rating on this hotel. The abundance of concrete have it a bit of a soviet bloc feel. Something solidified at the arrival of our room (see photo of dangling light). Inside the room was pleasant enough. However, being a family of four, we stayed in a junior suite which had a pullout couch. This 'bed' caused immense pain. I've traveled to many 3rd world countries and have never slept on anything quite like it. I arrived at the resort with a torn meniscus. So on the plus side, the night on this pullout traumatized my back to the point that I forgot about my knee. If I had been here to play tennis or golf I'm not sure if have been able to do so. I'd encourage the manager to spend 15min on the couch in room 5304. Anyhow the food was quite good. I was a bit off put by the 20% mandatory top, which I normally reserve for exemplary service, which we did not always receive. Finally when we booked the trip, I had the expectation I'd be playing a lot of tennis. It wasn't clear to me from the website that the majority of tennis takes place on courts 3 miles away.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank getmehome
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Getmehome:
Thank you for your review. We have determined that 5304 is not the unit you stayed in so as to review the pullout. I have attempted to contact you through Tripadvisor to determine the proper room number so we may follow-up. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your concern so we may take the proper steps to rectify it. Our pullouts are all extra thick mattresses so comfort is not normally a concern. I apologize that there is an issue and we will immediately replace if we can determine the unit. Due to the resort and club atmosphere, we do include the 20% service charge. If you ever feel service does not merit it, we will gladly adjust.
We have tennis on both sides of the resort. There are ample courts within walking distance of the resort center, but we do recommend and offer shuttles to our Harbourside courts which are at the Northern end of our property. The Tennis Gardens has achieved the “Top 25 Tennis Resorts, Worldwide in Tennis Resorts Online. Thank you again for being our guest.

Levittown, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Longboat Key Club resort several times. We love the location, it is on the beach, and close to St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota. We like the Lagoon Suites which are not in the main building. When you stay in the Lagoon Suites you have a quiet and serene view to the lagoon and you may even see manatees. The beach service is good but it will take a while to get your drink and meal so be patient. Or you may just walk to Barefoot's for a drink and a quick meal. There is Wi-Fi in the rooms, a kitchenette, and laundry. We really enjoy the resort and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvshoes0623
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear luvshoes0623
Thank you for the review and we appreciate you being our guest. I’m glad you loved the beach and location. The lagoon view building is a lovely spot and it is certainly fun when the Manatees come frolicking through. We are constantly evaluating ways to make service on the beach even faster and we are currently adding additional staffing to this area.

We appreciate your willingness to recommend us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

scotland
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights here which were very enjoyable. Service was good and everything worked out to our satisfaction. Our room had spectacular view over the sea with wonderful sunsets. Liked the fact there was a microwave in room which I used for tea but would be really useful for families with young kids. The local Publix supermarket also had a incredible range of microwave meals for those wishing a break from eating out or economising. Nice pool and well managed beach area. I got to pick my spot on the beach and sun loungers and umbrella were brought to me. They also served drinks on the beautiful beach. We also had a round of golf which was great fun. We hired clubs from the clubhouse and thought it to be good value. Breakfast at the club set us up for the round. There were lots of birdies on the course unfortunately of the ornithological sort not the golfing variety! A 5 min drive away there was a great selection of shops and restaurants at St Armands circle. All in all a great resort.

Dear WeelassieScottland:

Thank you for the “5” rating! We appreciate your comments. Thanks for noting the wonderful service you experienced at the beach. Our goal is always to surpass your expectations. Glad you also enjoyed the golf course. Come back and see us again and hopefully we can have more Birdies on your scorecard :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
#6 of 48 in Sarasota
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!