“Great beach location”

Resort at Longboat Key Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Longboat Key
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The hotel was situated in a great location. We had a club level suite with an oceanview and the room was fantastic. My one complaint is that I think the food and drinks are overpriced (particularly at the pool bar).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2009

It was our 2nd visit to a club suite at the resort, we were joined by our best friends first timers to U.S. We have been back in Blighty now for 3 weeks and are still depressed at having to come home! My family and I are 'lucky' enough to have gone to some truly wonderful places all around the world but WOW this place is just THE BEST !
From bar staff to concierge, from maids to the beach guys, FANTASTIC!
All this without any real stuffiness.
Just a pity the price doubles when we want to go back in Novemeber, so we'll be slumming it at the Ritz-carlton.
Our friends are truly smitten by this most beautiful place.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband, college aged daughter and I checked in to this gated resort conveniently located close to St Armand Circle on June 17th after a disappointing one night stay at nearby Lido Beach Resort. Instantly I knew that we had found the perfect spot. The reception staff was friendly and very accommodating, even showing us the suite before we checked in. Our beachfront one bedroom suite was on the 3rd flloor of building 1 with a fabulous view. The suite itself was recently updated with elegant and comfortable furnishings - granite counters in kitchen and bath, LCD TV s in bedroom and living room, comfortable king sized bed, queen sleeper couch in living room, two closets, plenty of built in storage, even a small washer and dryer. The kitchen was full sized and well equipped.
We had a separate access to the beach as well as being located close to the pool. Our only criticism is of the pool area which has only one pool. It would be well served to have a separate pool for adult use only as well as an outdoor hot tub.
Though this hotel is on the pricey side, it was well worth it, and I would definitely stay there again

Reviewed 18 June 2009

My family and I have been yearly visitors to the Longboat Key area for the past 15 years. We are generally pretty loyal to a resort once we find a place that we love. For the past 8 years we have stayed at the Lido Beach Resort but after a disappointing stay last year (the place is getting a little run down and dirty) we decided we needed a change and I'm so glad we did! The Longboat Key Club and Resort was absolutly WONDERFUL. From the moment we pulled up their friendly, curteous staff was available for whatever you needed and made us feel very welcome. I had requested a room near the pool with a gulf view. Our room was located in building 3 which is right in front of the pool and our balcony had a beautiful view directly facing the gulf. We chose the club suite with the king bed and queen pull out sofa. It was spacious enough for myself, my husband and my two teenage daughters. A very nice plus is that along with the full size refrigerator, stove, microwave etc. these rooms come equiped with a washer and dryer! The rooms are well kept and clean. The staff at the pool and the beach couldnt have been friendlier or more helpful. One thing I would have to add is that we saw these hardworking young men walk away emptyhanded time and time again after moving umbrullas, chairs and chair padding around for ungratious guests. Please remember to tip these kids, they work very hard. All in all we totally enjoyed our stay at the resort and will definately return again next year.

Reviewed 18 June 2009

I did not know what to expect when I arrived at Longboat key as I had heard that it was an expensive residential area. The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful and when when we were shown to our room we we over the moon with the ocean view. The pool area was beautiful and very clean there was direct access to the beach which was white sands clear warm water and very peaceful,.You could sit for hours and watch the pelicans diving for fish and the dolphins playing in the water, the views accross the key were also lovely. In a car it was very easy to reach shops and restuarants and other beaches although there was no need as our beach was nicer anyway.

Reviewed 16 June 2009

Most of the reviews that I read on your site are right on target.
The positives:
1. Service:
From check-in to check-out absolutely friendly and helpful. Lynda at the front desk was beyond accommodating with our room requests. Ivor, Sherman and Heather at concierge gave us great restaurant and other suggestions. The beach staff and bartenders also had a great positive attitude.
2. Location:
Easily one of the best beaches in Florida-white powdery sand almost as clear water as the Bahamas. Outstanding for swimming, running and with breathtaking sunsets!!! Outstanding tennis facilities ( 4 courts by the hotel and 20+ at the "Harbourside" location- an easy 5 minute drive away). John the head pro was fantastic and such a nice guy.
3. Nearby activities:
Boat rentals for skiing, tubing, sightseeing within 10 minutes in Sarasota (Sarasota Boat Rentals) and another place 10-15 minutes on the Key. St. Armand's square is a 5 minute drive with excellent shops and restaurants. The resort allows you to use bikes for the day at no charge. Busch Gardens with its incredible rollercoasters is a 1 hour drive.
4. Hotel Rooms:
We had a 1 bedroom suite on the tenth floor of building 3. Updated within last 2 years with 2 flat panel TV's, a very nice kitchen and dining area, a comfortable king bed and pullout couch in the living room area. The balcony was large and with a great view of the water. If you want sunset views request building 2 or 4. We had no pool noise as some reviews reported but we were on the 10th floor.
5. Food:
Many great choices. Excellent basic food at the lobby restaurant with great service. Great Italian food in a beautiful Marina setting at Portofino (Harbourside part of the resort- 5 minute drive). The Beach Grill in Ana Maria Island was outstanding and one of the best meals we have ever had (really!!!) in a beautiful quaint beach location- very romantic too (if you are a "foodie" you can't miss it). Pattigeorge's excellent continental with an asian flaire in a gourgeous waterside setting. La Creperie in Ana Maria had great salads / sandwiches and a large selection of crepes with a nice french feel. Mediterraneo in Sarasota was a nice Italian with friendly service. Beach House in Ana Maria great basic food in a beautiful "on the beach" location. Finally, there is a well-stocked Publix nearby (5 minute drive).
The Negatives:
1. The suite's bathroom was small and not to the level of update of the rest of the room. Also, although clean for me not clean enough for my wife- just a tiny amount of mold and the tub and floors seem a little "older" than the rest of the room. Overall, above average but definitely not the Ritz.
2. The pool and common areas are also out of sync with the level of update of the suites. Although basically clean, just old and in need of remodelling.
In short a great family resort on a beautiful beach location with lots to do nearby. Sorry about the length of the review but I hope it helps.

Reviewed 13 June 2009

I can't say enough good things about our recent eight night visit to Longboat Key Club & Resort. We are VERY finnicky travelers in EVERY way. I will be happy to answer any specific questions families considering LKC&R may have. Couples only......this resort is perfect for you as well !!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Tropical Breeze Resort
Tropical Breeze Resort
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!