“a pizza snob's review”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“a pizza snob's review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

OK, I was influenced by the reviews of this place (Luna's), so I decided to give it a try. Wow, was I impressed by what I too had discovered. As a self-proclaimed "pizza snob", I'm very picky as to the subject. This pizza was EXCELLENT! It had a thin crust with generous amounts of toppings.
The garlic knots, which precede your pizza, are nothing short of fabulous. They are a feast by themselves.
However, the real treat are the owners. They compliment their menu. They make you feel welcome...they make you feel like family.

• Visited October 2012

Orlando
“Best I have ever had....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Best pizza ever! Great owners, very friendly, free garlic knots, best crust & ingredients. Don't be turned off by the exterior, it's a fun place inside.

• Visited November 2012
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“We Loved our Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was told about Luna but never bothered to follow up....BIG MISTAKE! We were leaving a new breakfast place in the same plaza last week and I looked left as we left and there it was. As other reviewers have stated the owners are extremely friendly and gracious and you feel at home instantly. We shared a custom specified Stromboli which was the best we've ever had. And the delicious Garlic Knots were a great surprise to get things started. Even the Iced Tea was outstanding. I've never been to Italy but the decor of Luna's is exactly how I imagine a small cozy cafe in Italy would be. Everyone need a little Italian restaurant they call their own. We've found ours!! One reason we didn't spot it sooner is because its not visible from Rt. 434. But if you drive into Township Plaza, it's on the far right. One last thing, the exterior decor is quite nice and distinctive as well.

• Visited October 2012
“Best stromboli ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Great tasting food and customer service! Had a small stromboli and this thing was huge and very tasty. Will come again.

Orlando
“The best pizza with the freshest ingredients!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This restaurant has been recommended to me by many friends. I took my mom (a very, finicky eater) out for dinner. She ordered a medium pizza with everything and I had baked ziti.

The bread brought out for starters was the best garlic knots I've ever had. The only thing that could have improved them would have been some dipping sauce. I'll be sure to order a side of it when I next visit. But they were delicious on their own!

My ziti came with a salad, and the veggies on it were very fresh, crispy and flavorful! When my mom's pizza arrived, I was amazed at the size. Their medium is a large from the chain pizza places. Again, the veggies were full of flavor and crisp. It was by far the best pizza either of us had ever eaten.

Can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012

Been to Luna's Pizza? Share your experiences!