Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lutz
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have stayed there for a week at a time. Clean, staff is friendly. Pets with a fee. A few restaurants very close, including a Target and Starbucks just a little farther. Pool is nice. Encourage anyone to stay.
They do have one problem. They have more rooms than parking spaces! So don't hesitate to park along the drive....there is plenty of room to pass. It won't keep me from staying there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Susan1900,

We are happy to hear from you and value your kind review. It is encouraging to know that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. We appreciate being a part of your trip!

Francesca Garmon

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I rarely give a max (5-star) rating. But this was a flawless stay. This property is a very comfortable, relaxing hotel. Clean, quiet & all the things that make a great place to stay. Free breakfast, happy hour snacks and drinks and within easy walking distance of several restaurants just across the parking lot. Many more less than a mile away (across the highway).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear hatlad,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests feel at home. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I struggled with whether to leave a review of this hotel. I know the manager is going to write a comment - because in their eyes the complimentary night they gave should have resolved the issue. However, in good conscience I think these reviews are a great outlet for potential guests to determine if based on what happened if you choose to stay at this hotel. I stay at so many hotels - and never really thought about the whole "park at your own risk" aspect of your hotel stay. That was until we stayed at this hotel.
I did my due diligence before staying at this property- I was looking for a hotel that would be quiet on the 4th of July. I have a senior dog that has seizures by fireworks. I knew that we would still hear them; but, I wanted to find a hotel that would be as far away as possible. I called the hotel before we stayed there to make sure there were no parks or public firework displays near the hotel. I was told that the hotel was in the middle of a field - backs up to conservation and there is a small business plaza with two restaurants - that would not have fireworks.
We chose to stay at this hotel for 3 nights. The room was clean and comfortable. In terms of Residence Inn's - I thought this one was pretty good. Yes there is a $100 pet fee and I thought that our carpet in there room needed a serious clean - but, I was ok with the hotel. I hate when hotels charge me a $100 pet cleaning fee so that the person after me gets laundered carpets- and a super pet cleaning... but I get to not have laundered carpets-
So the first night was great. Zero issues. We were comfortable and enjoying our stay.
So imagine my surprise when on the 4th -the first loud boom started about 9pm on the 4th of July. My dogs hit the roof. This hotel must be made of pressboard because each boom really sounded like they were being set off in our room. It didn't help that this party was right under our window as we were a corner room right on the parking lot. So we were shocked when we looked outside and realized that there was a parking lot firework party going on right outside our window. There were about 30 people - all standing in the Residence Inn parking lot - facing the empty field- where there were many fireworks being set off in the field. BUT they were also setting smaller fireworks off in the parking lot too. There were lots of people holding sparklers and setting of cherry bombs right next to the hotel and other guests cars - including my own.
I will spare you the total breakdown of how many times we called the front desk (5) and how many times we called the police (3) and how many times I asked to talk to the manager on duty (4) and how many times the actual manager on duty called (1). When the manager on duty called I was told that he was not at the hotel. How you can be on duty and not be there is beyond me. The manager on duty was argumentative and said that this was going on in the field and that they could not do anything as that was private property. I explained that the party was in their parking lot - right on top of guest cars and that these cars were full of flammable gas. The manager said that the only person on duty was the checkin clerk. Who was overwhelmed with checking in guests - and said that he couldn't do anything. I really could have cared less how overwhelmed the front desk clerk was. So now I have been told that both the manager on duty and the clerk refuse to do anything because they believed that the fireworks were being set off in a field - and it was not on their property and not their concern. Heres the great part - there were several cameras facing that area - I know this because you could see the camera on the tv at the desk. So this overwhelmed front desk person could see exactly what was going on from the comfort of the front desk. I told both of them multiple times - that it was not only in the field but the parking lot too. In Florida it is illegal to set off fireworks that leave the ground - there were hundreds of illegal fireworks being set off. Loud ones that shook the windows and walls. The police said that someone who worked from the hotel had to call them. The police said that they could not come on hotel property without a call from the hotel. When the manager on duty told me he would call - I assumed that he would. Well he did not. And the next day that same manager on duty admitted that he did not call - even though he said that he would.
The fireworks went on for a little over an hour and half. No matter where I tried to go in the hotel to get away from the sound -it was everywhere as these fireworks were powerful and large. My husband tried to ask these guests to move elsewhere and they had a flatbed truck full of fireworks and zero intention to move. These hotel guests knew there was no hotel involvement as they had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted- after all it was a holiday right?
The worst part of the night was when both the front desk clerk and the manager on duty said that if there was damage to the guests vehicles -that they assume no responsibility. So how I read this is park at your own risk - we allow anything to happen in our parking lot even open flames and if something happens we told you we have no risk. I was even told there were signs all over the parking lot - so even when you tell them what illegal activity is going on - the management assumes zero risk.
The general manager was contacted by myself the night of the 4th and to her credit she did react quickly and tripped over herself trying to make right; but, honestly we could have saved our $$ and stayed home as my dogs would have been less freaked out. These were not small fireworks - these guests invested a lot of money in a brilliant firework display and had zero repercussions for their actions.
After the fact management handling is not a business practice that I want to hear about. What would have been acceptable would have been handling at the time of complaint as the manager on duty said that he would do. Protecting our vehicles, protecting each guest's safety - including those with paws - is what I expect from a hotel.
So we would never ever stay at this hotel again - nor would I recommend -

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilimadsn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for writing. Please be assured that guest satisfaction is very important to us and these matters are not taken lightly. I'm sorry we could not control the fireworks which were going on in the area. It was our pleasure to take care of your room charges due to your frustration. We have been in contact with you regarding your stay. I'm at your service if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recently we had a 2 bedroom suite for a family weekend. We were satisfied with our accommodations. The hotel is on the new side, very clean and very adequately appointed. It is not luxury but it is perfectly fine for a family weekend. The beds were very comfortable. There is a nice kitchen with space for cooking a full meal (we did not do that). The living room area is adjoined to the kitchen/eating area and is smallish. The couch for viewing tv was not great. The sofa bed was awful…terrible mattress so we ended up not using it at all. The unit had good natural lighting from the windows but the decor in the living space was very dark and the shower/tub area could have used more light. We were overall pleased with our stay since the price was right and we spent very little time at the hotel. The breakfast here is minimal and not very healthy. There is some fresh fruit and processed high sugar type yogurts. The front desk staff is minimal but very friendly and efficient. There is very little within walking distance of the hotel. There are two restaurants and a few offices. You will drive to do anything so be sure to plan on a rental car. It is a nice area for running and that was important to us. Our kids spent time at the pool and enjoyed themselves. They thought the pool area was clean.

We've stayed in all levels of hotels and travel frequently and we thought this was a nice Residence Inn that served our purposes just fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visiting. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. We hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 8 days in June. The hotel is very well kepted and rooms clean.

Pros:
Hot breakfast a variety daily.
Dinners on 3 nights per week avail.
Beds comfortable.
Laundry onsite, but laundromat with 5 mins.
Variety of stores close by.
Business center and staff very helpful.

Cons:
Parking is competitive if you want to be near close to entrances.

We were very comfortable and housekeeping was very hospitable.

Thank you marriot!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Shameka,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our ample breakfast, comfortable beds and helpful staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,
Francesca Garmon, GM

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in far too many hotels and most are just average but this place is excellent .... and priced nice. The rooms are large with full fridges. The bed was comfortable as was the furniture. Breakfast and some dinners are provided free which is a great plus. This place allows pets which I like. Because it is Florida the pool is a plus too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Brackjr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn Northpointe. Your complimentary feedback regarding our comfortable accommodations and value added amenities highlight our strengths in hospitality. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll return for another visit. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The complementary breakfast was almost as good as the complementary dinner served with free beer and wine! Bring your swimsuit!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

georgias944,
We appreciate your review of Residence Inn Northpointe. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, along with the variety of value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Francesca Garmon, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutz
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Residence Inn Tampa Oldsmar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village? Share your experiences!