“hate mexican food”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
liverpool
“hate mexican food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staying in lutz for the first time and only for a week, I'm working my way down the best restaurants on the trip advisor lists. Bangkok Sushi was great but I could not say I was looking forward to no 2 on the list.
I haven't eaten mexican for years after a terrible toilets experience the last time I tried it.
With everyone else up for it I had no choice but to hold on to my underkecks and get on with it.
Place pleasant on the outside but more fast food style ordering, where you are handed a menu in the queue, and have to order and take a seat. Ordered a mexican beer , which was excellent, and waited for my burrito. It was worth the wait.
Stuffed with beef and chicken, black and refried beans, it was a revelation.
Waiting staff very attentive, beer cold, food ace, bill small, parking plentiful, underkecks intact (but it's still early).
What more could you ask for?

• Visited July 2014

Lutz, Florida
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I go here all the time, for both lunch and dinner, and I am never disappointed! The citrus-grilled chicken (or steak) salad is large enough to share. I also enjoy the tacos. Both of these dishes, along with their burritos, which are HUGE, are available on their "fiesta hour" menu. From 3 to 5pm Mon - Thurs, these "regular" items are available for $5.50, which includes a drink. I eat there for an early dinner almost once a week!

• Visited July 2014
Lutz, Florida
“Great food. Service has slipped”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food is always fresh and very good. The last two visits the service could be better. Ice was out of the soda machine and the orders incorrect. Did not bring it to anyone's attention. Owners are very nice

Visited June 2014
Ohio
“Good Food and Service!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Self service ordering, food was fresh, flavorful and delivered quickly! Chips and salsa were excellent! My friends come here often and enjoy the atmosphere and menu choices - fish tacos are a favorite. Will return again and again!

• Visited May 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
“Best Restaurant in Lutz”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Found this place on Google while looking for restaurants in Lutz and for once, we were not let down. It is tucked on to the end of a giant strip mall on the northern end of Dale Mabry, so we were a little suspicious to start - but it is actually very nice inside. They feature counter service (order at the front and the food is brought to you) and this is just fine with me when done well - which it usually isn't. The service here is great - been several times since our initial visit and the service is always friendly and fast.

The food is excellent and a great value with most things on the menu no more than $9 (I think the most expensive items are $14). I have vegetarians in my family and they love the black beans and rice or the veggy burrito. My kids also love the fresh juice bar and can't get enough of the strawberry juice. Great fish tacos and a crab burrito that I can't get enough of. I also love the salsa bar.

We love this place.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Mekenita Mexican Grille? Share your experiences!