“Won't rely on these reviews anymore.”

Villaggio Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Lutz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian food. This restaurant has been at this location for more than 20 years. A local favorite, it has it's regulars and has stayed in business because of the quality food and the very warm and friendly staff. And everyone gets to know Giuseppe, the owner.
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I usually don't read these review sites and after reading the poor reviews for this restaurant, I am not sure I will again. I don't agree with the negative comments as I have had delectable food and fine service. Yes, the service is "relaxed" but when I go out with my husband or our friends for that matter, I do not want fast service. I am paying for the meal and want to be able to enjoy conversation and not be rushed. As for the food, very extensive and authentic Italian food. I have dined in many expensive and inexpensive eateries all over Italy as well as Manhattan and am very pleased with the offerings. Wine list is divine that is if you are a wine officianado. Buon Appetito! ( and Grazi to the owner/proprietor of this fine establishment)

Reviewed 3 August 2008

OK - I'll say right up front I had a reasonably OK meal at this place once. It was about 2 years ago (2006). The food was expensive and the service was poor, but the food was pretty good. The place has definitely gone downhill.

The first time we had a lousy experience here, I thought it was a fluke. There were three couples, maybe too much for them to handle, and we had a new waiter, which was an understandable reason, right? Well, after completely messing up all the meals and taking literally 2 hours to get us out of there, the guy followed us out into the parking lot to inform us that the couple who had already left had "paid with an invalid credit card". So I agreed to pay for the guy (a friend) and called him the next day. He was able to see on his card company's website that in fact, the charge did go through. So together we went to the restaurant figuring they would make it right in about 3 minutes. WRONG! Major attitude problem, even after we showed clear evidence that we had been double charged. Giuseppe was called (none of the women working there were allowed to open the cash register(!) - 20 minutes later "pappa" Giuseppe shows up and also proceeded to give us attitude. All we wanted was a refund of a double payment on a very mediocre meal. We finally got it, but wow - what a terrible impression.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine who is a real estate broker gave us a gift certificate from this place. I would rather pay to eat at McDonalds than eat at this place for free. Rather than toss it in the trash, I re-gifted the certificate to a relative (hoping they would find it tolerable). Wrong again! These relatives just now called me, after having sat for an hour waiting for service which finally materialized. They wanted me to know it was one of the worst meals they have ever had and wondered if I could get my money back. I highly recommend you find somewhere else to eat (3 miles north or so is Benedetto's - wonderful food and service)

Reviewed 3 June 2008

you don't know anywhere else to go.

I live in lutz and am Italian. I have had more authentic italian food at the local bbq place.

I have tried repeatedly to give them a second and third chance, but each and every time it's the same.

I have eaten their osso bucco, Pizza, Appetizers, garlic bread and pastas and can safely say that you are better off seasoning a piece of cardboard and eating it.

Stay away. Poor service, Poor ingredients, Horrible food.

Sorry guys. You need to step it up a notch before you call yourselves "authentic".

1  Thank wrking22000
Reviewed 10 May 2008

Where do I begin? I don’t think that I’m allowed enough space here to put all the details of everything that was wrong about dinner here, so I’ll put it in a nutshell for you. Seated quickly, but then waited 10 minutes before the waiter came to the table. Lasagna was ordered, unimpressive garlic rolls and salad were brought out shortly after ordering. Then 1 hour after ordering, finally the lasagna was put on the table. I kept telling myself that this was going to be some really awesome lasagna, considering the wait, but let me just say that not all good things come to those who wait. Perhaps I would not have been so irritable about the wait if it weren’t for the fact that 2 tables of 4 were seated after my spouse and I were, yet they had their dinner a full 20-30 minutes before our dinner arrived. Sadly, this is 1 hour and 40 minutes of our lives that we will never regain. Don’t let the other glowing reviews here persuade you that our experience was unique. Well, perhaps the exhausting wait was unique, but the mediocre food in no way made up for that inconvenience. Succinctly put, I’m not Italian, but I make better garlic rolls and lasagna than this place will ever come close to.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 29 December 2007

Reliable, tasty food. Nothing great, but nothing bad either. Better, however, than chain restaurants.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook