“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lynn Haven
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The king bed room is very spacious. Our room was excellent with all the convienence items and room features you would reasonably expect and want.
The towels were of superb quality.
The sunday breakfast was also excellent quality/taste and choices.
The one negative was slow wifi.
We are coming back thru the area next weekend and already have booked our room here.
Looking forward to it!

• Stayed June 2014
Dade V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward on hosting your next room needs in Lynn Haven.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Riverside, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The $99 per night incentive was the sight unseen attraction along with the photos given on line. We were welcomed by a cheery desk clerk and a clean exterior building and spotless, cool lobby. There goes the bright spots of this hotel. Trash surrounding pool and spa area......Strike 1. No large body towels for bathroom available. They were out, so we were told to dry off with hand towels....Strike 2. Black mold was growing on our room's ceiling......DEFINATE strike 3. I would skip this hotel when visiting Panama City, FLorida.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We hope that you give us another try in Lynn Haven as we are working hard to meet and exceed your rooming needs.

Travellers are raving about these Lynn Haven hotels

baton rouge
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I(of three), experienced a nice stay at Wingate. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels and toilet tissue. The bathroom also included toiletries: facial soap, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion which were all a more upgraded brand than most hotels have. The king bed was large and comfortable.

The room also contained a safe, ironing board, iron, closet with hangers, a large dresser, a very large desk, an extra desk space, a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker with necessities: filters, varieties of coffee, tea, insulated cups with tops, and coffee stirrers. The room was just as described on the website. All of the linens, chairs, carpet, floors, shower curtain, and entire room was clean and spotless. All functioning items worked well. The A/C unit blows really cold air.

Housekeeping came by every morning to offer services. On the third morning of our stay, we left before housekeeping came by and when we returned the room and bathroom had been cleaned, the floor had been mopped, the bed was made, toilet tissue was restocked, and the towels had been fully restocked as well.

I also enjoyed the free breakfast that was included in the rate. I appreciate that they serve hot breakfast because every other hotel that we have stayed which included free breakfast did not serve hot breakfast items. There was a decent selection of pretty much every popular breakfast items: coffee, juices, bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, grits, oatmeal, bread for toasting, bagels, muffins, English muffins, cereal, milk (white and chocolate), yogurt, apples, bananas, oranges, and waffle batter with a waffle maker to make your own fresh waffles.

Another added bonus was the in-door pool, Whirlpool, sauna, patio, and fitness center. The pool area and fitness center were always clean and stocked with plenty of towels and a hamper every time that we passed by.

Overall, our stay was great! We did not experience any issues nor have any bad experiences. The value for the rates is definitely worthy. The staff was friendly, we were asked about our stay upon check-out, and invited back. There are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby for convenience and the hotel has a rack full of brochures and maps of popular attractions for visitors that even include useful coupons. We did have to drive a short distance to Panama City Beach since that it where we were visiting but the drive was not too for. I would definitely stay there again if visiting the Panama City Beach area again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm not so sure what the bad reviews are for. I've spent several nite's there and it been very good my rooms were spot less, The employees very friendly. I was even given extra coffee for the room. Not that it was a big issue but my last room was close to the lobby and pool. The chlorine from the pool was very strong and the noise was kinda loud while trying to sleep. It wasn't a big of a deal for me my overall stay was good . Good enough for me to book another stay. Price was reasonable . I'm not much of a beach person so the location was fine for me close to go if wanted but far enough from all the traffic and people.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank swbrown69
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Lynn Haven, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now, it's just a couple of blocks from where I live. At first the place was great and it's one only two hotels in town that I know of with an indoor pool (the main reason I stayed here).

In February of 2014, I booked a 1 king bed suite (Room #320). I got there with my fiancee and as soon as we checked in, we found out that the pool was broken. I asked the woman at the front desk when it would be fixed, but she didn't have an answer. She told us if we wanted to leave, she would cancel our reservation. I kept the room and hoped it would be fixed the next day.

The next morning, I woke up with bug bites on my elbows, side, the tops of my feet. We had been out an about a lot that day so I just figured it happened outdoors. I went down to the front desk and asked about the pool. The woman said that a repairman had been called and was coming to look at it. We spent most of the day away from the hotel and when we got back after dinner, the pool was still out of order. I asked about an update but didn't get an answer.

The second morning, I woke up with more bug bites, this time on my back, calves, and arms. I started to think the room was infested, but I hadn't seen anything. I went downstairs to ask about the pool again and I guess the front desk attendant was tired of hearing about the pool. This time the response I got was "Maybe they had to order a part, these things take time".

I checked out the breakfast bar while I was down there. I didn't see anything that looked very good. One thing that struck me as odd was there was a bowl of peeled boiled eggs sitting out. Not warmed or chilled, just sitting uncovered in a bowl. There's a Waffle House less than two blocks away so I went there to pick up breakfast.

We left the hotel again and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the final night there. The main reason I didn't leave the second day was I knew my fiancee was really looking forward to using the pool. When we got back after dinner, it was still broken and I didn't bother to ask about it. We got up to the room and I started thinking about the twenty or so itchy bites. We pulled the bedding apart and found about five little red bugs (or bug corpses, not sure) in the sheets. We got our luggage and went downstairs. I explained the situation to the front desk attendant, who seemed slightly concerned and offered us a one night refund.

We knew our luggage could be infested, so we went to Walmart, got some new pillows and sheets, as well as three bottles of rubbing alcohol and a couple of spray bottles. We went back to my house and left the luggage in the garage. We put the new sheets and pillows on my bed and tried to get some sleep.

It took us almost an entire day to clean everything. We double washed and dried all our clothes, then threw away the new sheets and pillows in case we brought back any hitchhikers. We emptied the suitcases and her purse and put them in the back of my truck along with our shoes and anything we couldn't put in the washer. We sprayed EVERYTHING down with the rubbing alcohol multiple times between letting it all dry. We also sprayed down my bed a few times.

We called the hotel and told them what we'd been through. Whoever answered the phone apologized and offered us a full refund. The refund never came. Every time we called about it, they told us we had to speak to someone else (the name kept changing) who wasn't there. It didn't matter if we called in the morning, afternoon or evening. Every time the story was the same. I disputed the charge with Discover, but since I didn't have the refund offer in writing, there was nothing I could do about it. I ended up having to pay the charges.

I'm not sure what happened to this place. It's a fairly new hotel and the first couple of times I stayed here it was great. I'm not sure if the management changed or just stopped caring about the place. I hate to write bad reviews, but this one is 100% deserved.

I was advised by a couple of people to get in touch with a lawyer, but by the time I realized the hotel had no plans to refund me the bites had mostly healed. I hadn't thought to take pictures and document the incident.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John G
Dade V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
As General Manager since March 16, 2014, I want to assure you that all complaints are taken seriously our pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness area are all 100% working for our guest. We would love for you to come back to the Wingate for you next stay.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my 1st time staying at this Brand. Upon entering the room I noticed a severely stained ottoman. The tv would not come on. I was only provided enough towels for one and the room was for two people. There was no ironing board. It took two days to receive more towels and an ironing board. The manager (Dave Vincent) appeared friendly and apologetic. He (Dave Vincent) promised to compensate me for my troubles and that was a lie. I contacted him about 6 times and he never returns my calls. I still have not been compensated. Tia, at guest servicesm was very friendly but there was only so much she could do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank renessiah
As you stated I did apologize for any problem you had at our property when we spoke. As you were a priceline.com guest we have no way of knowing what you paid and always advised guest to call the .com company they booked with concerning complaints at check out. When you checked in there were a few complaints that was handled asap by my staff. Tia along with myself has spoken to you numerous times.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynn Haven
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panam...
#26 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven? Share your experiences!