“like the room & service”
Review of Motel 6 MacClenny

Motel 6 MacClenny
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Macclenny
San Francisco, California
“like the room & service”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

i was visiting my family and stayed at this motel for 3 days, service was really good, room was clean and there was a breakfast too.i like the stay because it was the price i paid was worth.i would refer family & friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ami v

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tallahassee
Reviewed 2 October 2008

My car had problems so I stopped at the McClenny exit and stayed one night at the American Inn. This place evidently used to be a Days Inn, and it seemed pretty much like any generic low- to mid- range motel. I had no problems, room was clean and quiet. I was charged $49 with AAA and/or AARP. The woman at the desk the night I checked in was very friendly and nice--nicer than most hotel clerks. The American Inn is pretty generic, but I would have no problem with staying there again should the need arise.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank fieldsold
savannah
Reviewed 10 June 2008

we enjoyed our stay at the inn its a nice convenient location walking distance to restaurants and in a small town nice swimming pool on the backside we enjoyed our kingsize bed and it was nice they have a sofa and a coffeetable you could really relax from a long drive it was worth paying $49. not too many independent motels are like this one is like a franchise.I would compare this motel with many franchise motels.

• Liked — quiet place
  • Disliked — very small town
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank explorer31419
Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2008

We stayed at this motel on March 15, 2008 as a "getaway" to celebrates our anniversary..

We found desk clerk to be very unfriendly, and non helpful,,

The room overall was fairly nice.. However, we requested a non-smoking room.. the bathroom was so filled with smoke odors that one could hardly use it..

The main disconcerting thing that we noticed was the spying that the staff did on the guest.. They were caught hiding and peeking around the corners at the guest.. They acted like everyone was trying to steal the entire motel and were very rude.

We requested a downstairs room and was told that none was available.. However we noticed that throughout the night that there were only a few cars in the parking lot.. Not nearly enough to occupy all the downstairs rooms..

Overall, it is one of the very worst places we have ever stayed at.. We will never ever go back there..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Spying on guest by staff..
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank birdman943
Michigan
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Booked this motel because it was the first one we came upon after having dinner in MacClenny, and my husband was able to negotiate a rate of $46 per night for the 3 rooms in our party.

Upon entering the room I was at first surprised at how nice the room was. The carpet was newer, the room was a good size and had two queen beds, and it had a refrigerator and microwave. Also, there is free wifi.

The sink was separate from the tub/toilet area, and had a lot of counter space. However, the sink was stained and cracked.

Then, I entered the bathroom. The walls needed a good cleaning and there was dirt and dust in the corners on the floor, and the bathtub was stained and discolored, to the point that I really didn't want to use it. The toilet, however, looked clean and newer, but flushing was sluggish.

If you are just staying overnight, and you don't require a shower, and want budget accomodations that include WIFI, microwave and refrigerator, then this room would be OK, for the money.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank lukn2lrn
Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2006

My husband and I are veterans of road trips, having criss-crossed from Michigan to Texas and California to Florida by land on several occasions. As we were going back home from Orlando last week, we decided to crash at the nearest inn we could find along I-10. We decided on Days Inn as it was nearest to the interstate and actually only one of three lodgings along I-10 in Macclenny.

It was around 10PM and we found a surly night receptionist who refused to open the door to the office and just conducted business behind the glass window, which was fine with us actually. It was late and they may be wary of strangers wanting to stay in their inn. She was not welcoming but we were tired and just wanted to sleep. However, when we got to the room, they seem to have drainage problems since sink, toilet and bathtub very sluggishly cleared water down the drain. I showered just for just a minute and the water was literally at ankle level. I had to turn the shower on and off just to let the water drain. The toilet was sooo sluggish and the sink collected water as soon as you open the faucet. The aircon was so old that it was all you could hear all night.

To cap a very horrible stay, we were ready to leave early the next morning, but found that we were locked in our room. We cannot open the door no matter how hard we yanked. There seemed to be an invisible lock that we cannot budge. We called front desk and they came up and still cannot open the door from outside with their key. They had to go home to get their master key and eventually we got out. It was just amazing how we got locked when we were already INSIDE. We couldn't wait to get out of there. For the steep rate we paid, we could just have scooted over to Econolodge which was just around the corner. This Days Inn is not worth it. Better try the other two lodgings when you're in the area.

• Liked — Proximity to I-10 when you just want a place to crash for the night
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out Econolodge around the corner first
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ampp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclenny
Travelodge Suites MacClenny
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee

Been to Motel 6 MacClenny? Share your experiences!