“Good Location, across the street from John's Pass”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandy Shores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Sandy Shores
Wichita, Kansas
“Good Location, across the street from John's Pass”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in unit #502. The unit could have used a good cleaning between visits as the floor turned the bottoms of our feet black. It has one of the worst elevator systems that I have ever seen. There is just one elevator and it is extremely slooowwwww. There were many times that we just took the stairs from the 5th floor. Luckily we did not need to really need to contact the office because the 2 times we stopped by (to ask where the nearest grocery store was and to check out) the office staff was not very friendly.

Unit #502 has a beautiful view, it would have been nice if there had been a ceiling fan on the deck since you are on the 5th floor and get no breeze. There are very few beach amenities offered with this unit.....no beach chairs or towels. This complex is directly across the street from John's Pass Village. The little shops are reasonably priced but expect to pay inflated prices at the restaurants. For a family of 5 it is $80-100 per meal and that's trying to eat fairly cheap. We would definitely recommend the Boardwalk Cafe in John's Pass, excellent food.

I would come back to this area again but I would stay at a different location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BAK314

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in unit #201.Thank goodness because the elevator system is little to be desired.We used the stairwell slot, which is very secure but you must have your key at all times.Is needed to get in and out of pool area and access to the beach.Upon arrival I was not pleased with the cleaning condition of the condo, not very thorough.The property overall is great located just across the street from St. Johns Pass.The pool was cleaned daily and had beautiful landscaping. 2large gas grills are available for guest use.Although smoking is not allowed in condo or hallways or stairwells.It is allowed around pool area.The beach is magnificent very wide from pool to waters edge.So it can be a hike with lots of gear.Our condo unit could use some TLC, bedding is old and bathroom had some issues.Gary the owner was good to deal with.The unit was a one bedroom with 2 queen beds.It has a huge walk in closet and axcess to the one bathroom through bedroom or the hallway.Kitchen was well equipped but no cleaning products are provided.Other renters were impressed with the number of beach items provided for use in their storage closet.UNfortunately our condo 201 had none.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Moor4us
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family of 4 came to Madeira Beach for a full week and stayed in #303 at Sandy Shores. The best part of the place is the location- Right on the beach and directly across from the Johns Pass shoppes & restaurants. We rented 2- beach chairs with a large blue umbrella for $110.00 for the entire week. It was worth it, as it was our private "spot" on the beach where we could leave our stuff and relax in the shade. There was even an attendant who came around to check on you, and moved the umbrella from time to time in order to provide the best shade. The condo itself was not that all impressive, but clean and nice enough. Perfect, in my opinion for a beach "get-a-way". Good place to relax and let go, but don't expect luxury. They also allow small dogs, and we brought ours. They have small grassy areas to walk dogs and bags for picking-up for convenience. Our view was amazing- direct Gulf of Mexico view, plus a view of John's Pass to the left outside our balcony. The pool was the nicest part of the place, in my opinion. They keep it very clean and there are plenty of lounge areas throughout the day. There area also had several covered "Tiki" hut style seating areas around the pool which was a really nice place to hang out at the pool. There was also a very nice BBQ gas grill by the pool which was clean. The only, slightly annoying, thing about the pool was they make you wear a wrist band to identify yourself as a guest. Unnecessary, in my opinion- the band does not come off once you secure it. I just put mine in my pocket, but no one ever asked where it was the entire week. We really enjoyed our stay here- beach, pool, shops... every day. The sunsets are amazing and steps from your door... you could also view it from your balcony.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SJMSR
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Never ever again! My family and I stayed at the Sandy Shores from 6/29/14 - 7/6/14 in unit 411. The room was nice, but the A/C filter was filthy, making the room hotter than usual. We booked through I-Trip and had a computer print out of our parking pass. There was not a problem until Wednesday when we received a tow warning in the parking space allotted for our unit. The office said that the security company should not have posted the warning. The next day, my girlfriend goes to the office to inquire about wrist bands for the 4th of July. When she inquired about the wrist bands she was told that we were only allowed 4 free per room and we could only have a maximum of 6. We paid $20.00 for 2 extra bands. We got permission from security to park in the check-in spot due to fact that there were no more guest parking spaces. She was told to move the car or it would be towed. She was told that security could not make that call and she should park across the street like everyone else. With that she told the 2 ladies that they were being rude to a customer, and walked out.

Upon hearing this I went down to the office. I stood behind another family that was checking in. The staff in the office had no idea who I was, or the reason for me being there. The lady behind the counter, starts barking out the rules of condo in a very monotone uninviting manner. She asks how many were in their party; they explained 8, and then she tells them that they are allowed a maximum of 6 wrist bands for the 4th, nothing about additional charges. Then she explains about the parking, and how no matter what the security says they can not park in the check-in parking space. When they acknowledged the rule, the lady behind the counter says good, because the lady before them had a bad attitude. That's when I told them that the lady did not have a bad attitude, they did. I then asked the people in check in; "does it make sense to have a party of 8", but only 6 are allowed by the pool on the 4th. I asked the lady for my 2 additional passes and gave her $20.00. I never received a receipt, nor did anyone check for arm bands on the 4th of July. Why did we have to pay for these armbands? Again, no one even checked for arm bands. When my girlfriend called I-Trip they told here we were supposed to have 6 wrist bands, and 2 parking passes without hassle. When we went back down to explain what I-Trip said, they said I-Trip was wrong, and again, I-Trip could not make that call. I then told them that they were in the wrong industry, hospitability was not in their vocabulary, and that they would make very good communist. We have stayed there before, but never again. Gary and his staff are more concerned about the additional work that comes with a beach holiday, than the well paying clientele that comes to relax.
Regretfully; John E. Gonzalez

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank John G
JpCondo, General Manager at Sandy Shores, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
This person was booked through an independent booking agent for a week's stay during the 4th of July week at our property. We do not manage the property they stayed in. During this time we have strict guidelines regarding the number of people allowed in a room and also issue wristbands to the guests that security strictly enforces. We do this so people do not invite outside people to the property and ruin it for others. The property was totally sold out. The people came in the office requesting 10 wristband and were staying in a 2 bedroom unit. We only allow 6 people at the most for a 2 bedroom unit. We offered to sell them 2 additional wristbands but that was unacceptable to them and after the guest lost his temper and swore to my staff and I asked him to leave my office. Unfortunately we have no control over how many people an independent agent can put into a unit as we do the pool area. He was a local person less than an hour away. He also caused problems for security during his stay.

Travellers are raving about these Madeira Beach hotels

Southwest Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed in Unit 303 with our Friends over the long Thanksgiving Weekend. The Condo was really nice & the location is perfect. Beautiful Sunsets every night & right across the street from John's Pass. Plenty to do, we even did some Black Friday Shopping right in the stores in John's Pass. The unit has a full kitchen with marble counter tops, dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave - small bar with 3 stools, dining table & leather furniture in the living room. Master bedroom has 2 queen beds, sliders to the balcony & a gulf view. 2nd bedroom has 2 doubles & private access to the 2nd bathroom. If you go to John's pass you have to try the chocolate covered bacon at Myers, just across the street. It is amazing!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jeanniemol1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

My family and I stay at sandy shores every year! Love how everythingis set up! Veiws are great. Shops are amazing. You don't have to drive anywhere when staying here. Fun for the family or older crowed! A+++

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank seastars3
westchester, il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't stay here again. Rooms need a better cleaning. There is only maid service in between customers' stays and it isn't very good. Came into my room and found dog food still on the floor from previous renter. Pulled back covers on bed and found lots of hair. Room also smelled like dog. Dogs are allowed on premises if they are under 30 pounds but during my stay we saw many large dogs - larger than 30 pounds. Some units are renovated while some are not. Some have nice living rooms for the pictures you see online but the bathrooms and bedrooms are gross. One SLOW elevator for whole building is ridiculous. No one on duty after 5 so if something happens you are on your own. You're better off staying at a place where you can get clean towels and more toilet paper if needed. We were given 4 towels for the week and 2 rolls of toilet paper for the week. Parking spots are assigned so we had a spot close to the street and out in the sun while some are close to the elevator and covered. The positive thing is that the condo is very close to johns pass. And many ocean front rooms offer a nice view.

• Stayed July 2013
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
All Seasons Vacation Resort
All Seasons Vacation Resort
#2 of 16 in Madeira Beach

Been to Sandy Shores? Share your experiences!