“Wonderful, clean, friendly, and beautiful place!”
Review of Sandy Shores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Sandy Shores
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful, clean, friendly, and beautiful place!”
Reviewed 30 June 2010

we had a wonderful stay at Sandy Shores! The unit was clean and nicely furnished. Being right on the beach is a huge plus, i loved the pool being basically a part of the beach (it is a gated area, however you open the gate and you are on the gulf beach!) I loved my visit to this beautiful well kept place. I will definitely be returning to Sandy Shores. It was a great place to stay. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stardrop9

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Greencastle, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Actually called and asked if we could arrive a day early. Staff was very nice in regards to that and when I had other questions, I got a friendly answer. People need to realize there are things beyond the owners control, such as someone in the Sunhost condo next door lighting off fireworks. I never was bothered by the bridge work going on as far as noise. Only two minor things I have issue with is the blinds on the sliding door and lack of a washer and dryer in the unit. However, we were still able to get 2 or 3 loads done easily with the ones in the hall. Pool was cleaned daily and never had big crowds. One suggestion would be to go to a coded lock for the gate to the pool area and the gate to access the beach like the room doors are. WIFI could have been better but I wasn't there to sit around on a computer all day anyway.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
erikedge2
Reviewed 21 June 2010

If I had to sum up my stay at Sandy Shores, I would say pretty good... There is good and bad things every place you stay... I do agree the lady that sits at the tiki hut all day and watches the gate and acts like no one else should be there is a little creepy.. and assigned parking is a joke... If one person parks in the wrong spot, then it leads to another person in the wrong spot and it trickles down to more spots... There should be rental spots and visitor spots and NOT numbered spots... The good is how close you are to John's Pass and Treasure Island.... The beach is great and pool was very clean and warm... I would definitely stay here again in the future... I stayed in room 110 and booked on my own...

• Stayed June 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My spouse and 9 month old son stayed here a week in May 2010. We had condo 505- great view with the balcony and the side windows. The condo itself needs major updating in the bathroom, the tub was gross, the sink and toilet very old. The rest of the condo was fine but there was a smell of mildew when we walked in. After a day or two we no longer noticed it. The pool was great, the beach amazing- and the location couldnt be better. However my BIGGEST issue with this place is that the condos are privately owned- so during our stay there were MANY of the owners staying in their condos and they were SO rude and unpleasant to us renters. There was one woman who every single morning went down to claim the tiki hut and would not allow anyone else to use it. I have an infant and at times he needed to be in the shade. So one morning I beat her down to the tiki hut and she truly came down and at right under it next to us while we ate breakfast. All of the owners acted like they owned the property- they took over the pool, grill and tiki huts. They never smiled, made any conversation or anything except to other fellow owners. It made us fell so uncomfortable the entire time we were there. It was almost as if we couldnt use "their" pool or tiki huts. I never felt so unwelcomed. But for the price- the location was perfect with Johns Pass across the street and the beach steps away. I would not stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank lkd703
JpCondo, Manager at Sandy Shores, responded to this review, 14 June 2010
All of our condos are viewable on-line from our website. Guests are able to look at pictures to see what the unit will look like. We manage 46 out of the 55 units in the building. All but 6 have been updated. Cleanliness and comfort standards are our top priority.
There are 3 unit owners who don’t rent their units and do not like the increased rental traffic since we took over the business 4 years ago. As we tell all of our guests, if anything is ever a problem while staying we ask that they notify the office right away for us to address the issue. That way we can ensure your stay a happy one. Our guests have the same rights and privileges to be here as an owner. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for your inconvenience
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We had an ocean front room on the third floor, the view was awesome. We could watch dolphins swim by and watch boats going out to the gulf from John's pass.
It's not a fancy place but is comfortable and had everything we needed, nice beach, nice pool, gas grill and restaurants close by.
A great place to bring kids.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews posted on here. However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived early and our condo was ready. What a blessing after driving all night. We stayed in Sandy Shores unit 102. It is a one bedroom unit with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. The beds were both comfy. The pullout was ok for a teenage boy but definitely not plush. :) He was ready for his bed when we got home. The kitchen was nicely equipped and the condo had one bath. There was a very nice patio with a view worth a million dollars. We were right about the pool which was great for us since we have a 10 year old daughter. The only problem that we found was that our unit was right by the elevator and the trash shoot. It was a bit noisey at night and early in the morning. Next time we would like a unit a little further away from the elevator but still ocean front.
Please keep in mind each unit is individually owned and decorated/maintained. Unit 102 was nice. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank WakeboardMom
Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We stayed at Sandy Shores right next door to the Beach Place. All a part of Johns Pass Condos. The office staff was extremely rude and the tenants were awful to my children. The condo itself had a beautiful view, but was filthy. My kids feet would be black from walking on the carpet. We had some of the year-long tenants complain about us because they could hear our footsteps above them! One night we had grandparents over to celebrate a birthday. Management called and said we were being too loud at 4:30 pm!! Worst of all we were then charged a carpet cleaning fee two weeks after departure! We had done nothing to the already filthy carpet! I advise all to make reservations elsewhere. This wasn't worth the money, or for that matter even taking the vacation time!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank SallyIndiana
JpCondo, Property Manager at Sandy Shores, responded to this review, 30 April 2010
Regardless of when a complaint is made, we have to make a call to ask the renters to keep it down. If it is disturbing someone else we need to follow up. These complaints came from owners and renters on the whole floor. Owners, keep in mind, have this type of traffic all year long and are usually not sensitive to a reasonable amount of noise. We do offer a picnic area downstairs by the pool,with gas grills and tables for gatherings of larger crowds. The carpet however was damaged by a large drink stain right in the middle of the living area. During Spring Break it is a busy time to get a carpet cleaning done. We also need an invoice to charge the appropriate amount. This is why it took some time for the charge to happen.

Travellers are raving about these Madeira Beach hotels

#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Madeira Bay Resort
Madeira Bay Resort
#7 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Sandy Shores? Share your experiences!