“great place to eat on the pier!”

Pirates Pub and Grub
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place to eat on the pier!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

my friends and I ate there the other day. We had scallop's and grouper. Everything was delicious and our server Nicole was very friendly and experienced with giving great service. We hope to visit again soon.

1 Thank j0yfulness

Tampa Florida
“I'D RATHER EAT MY OWN FART!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Food is nasty and over priced. My sister and I ordered the calamari and fries. The fries were soggy and did not taste good. The calamari looked like onion rings, they were very rubbery and came with about 8. Way overpriced for $10! The ranch dressing tasted gross and they served pre packaged marinara that we had to peel open. Also, the server didn't ask us how we liked the food, as if she was well aware that it was crap. When it came time for our check, we were given a small piece of paper with our total hand written on it. The total was $1.15 more than what it should have been, even with tax included. We will certainly not be back, we will try Waltz fish shack , next time we are in town, where they catch thier food fresh.

2 Thank countrybeauty
Oldsmar, Florida
“rather drink the water in mexico”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

we spent 20$ to dock are boat then walked around on the upper level trying to avoid places we have allready been, as avid boaters its hard to find a place we havent visited before so we headed to bubba gumps. After being told there was a 20 minute wait our group of four decided to walk and find another place to eat. keeping in mind we wanted a new experience we saw the name pirates pub and grub and thought it would be right up our alley. The captian of our vessel ordered first, grouper tacos and his fair lady decided on the mushroom swiss burger, both meals (if you call them meals) required that they pay an extra 2$ for fries. With the apitizers (hush puppies) and 2 domestic beers thier total was 48$, Then my lady ordered a bacon burger and i ordered the pirates burger and asked for mayo and jalepenos on the side, plus 2 waters. After less then 2 sips of my water i noticed a (swear on my life) pubic hair in my water. before the food came i brought the water back to the shack they call a resturant and brought it to thier attention and nothing was done about it. let it go. then our food came to the table. shortly after my first few bites notice another pubic hair on my burger, my friend then found more than one pubic hairs on his tacos. they forgot to bring us our condiments that we ordered (mayo and japs) and refused to do anything about our food order. it took demanding a refund and then they still took the tip that was given on the original debit reciept. this place is worse than a crab in my shorts, we kindly told everyone waiting for their order to check thier food and here i am telling you to stay away!

2 Thank Anthony A
Rockaway, New Jersey
“great food, staff and view”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We sat down to enjoy a drink while looking over the bay and didnt leave for 3 hours! Partly because of the rain storm that came throught but it was a great place to wait it out. The view was beautiful. We saw dolphins and tons of pelicans. They all come in to rest on the boats against the dock. The staff was friendly and told us all the great local places to see. My husband LOVED the fried conch fritters. Great fancy drinks. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank michelle d
Treasure Island, Florida, United States
“Take it from a local......”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I are local cooks and are well aware of the "beach food" that is offered on the Gulf. Unfortunately, we do not make the trip to John's Pass too often, mostly because the tourist make it an unpleasant experience. However, with limited time off in season, we wanted to do something different than our norm. We walked around John's Pass and nestled between The Hut, Sculleys, and The Friendly Fisherman, we found a great little gem.

We did find that there was not enough "direction" as to where the restaurant seating and bar seating were located. There could definitely be some updating with this. Especially with some of the bigger seafood places nearby. I only mention this because not only is the craft beer selection impressive, the food is INCREDIBLE!!! They are probably being overlooked when potential customers are perusing the boardwalk.

We order the Crab Balls as appetizers, and had huge chunks of lump crab in every bite. We received 6 for $11.95 on a bed of shredded lettuce with boom boom sauce. Absolutely amazing! With our app being so spectacular, we decided to order dinner. I had the clam strips (with hesitation because clam strips are usually terrible in any restaurant you go to) and my husband had the Gator Po Boy. Without a doubt, this was the best meal we had ever had on the beach. We had absolutely NO complaints about how the food was prepared. We both work industry, so we are definitely the biggest food critics. The french fries alone, are worth the trip. Hand cut and cooked to complete perfection. My only complaint was that we received plastic silverware.

This is the most bang for your buck in John's Pass. Great selection of craft beers, delectable food options, and all for a price any budget can afford. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014