“The BEST hands down!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Gulf Gardens Resort
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Owensboro, Kentucky
“The BEST hands down!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had stayed in Redington last year. We took a trip while there down to Madeira and Johns Pass and liked it so well we decided to stay in Madeira this year. We searched online and found a quaint rental cottage called the Charming Beach Cottage. (#5) It was available for the week we planned to visit so we contacted the owner to book it, sent in our deposit to secure it, then waited for 3 long months until it was time to begin our adventure down to sunny Florida. First let me say that Kelly (Owner) was such a pleasure to work with when making our reservations. The cute, cozy, and comfy little cottage was exactly as she described and more. We arrived and was greeted by the sweetest and most accommodating resort manager. It was more like coming home to family than staying at a vacation rental. Imre and Maria (managers) made our stay here so special and memorable. The cottage was stocked with anything and everything you could need. We didn't have to go out and purchase anything except food of course. The grounds are so amazingly clean and well kept, as well as the cottage. The bed was so comfy and we slept so well every night. There was only one thing that was a wee bit uncomfortable and that being a small bathroom but everything else more than made up for that. We loved it here and know that anyone who chooses to make this rental unit theirs for a week or longer will be very happy with it. I could go on and on but sadly we have to pack up and get ready to go home tomorrow. We will definitely return to this very Charming Beach Cottage! Thank you Kelly & Dan for sharing your little piece of paradise with us. Thank you Imre & Maria for your hospitality and making us feel so welcome. We will not forget you!
---- Billy & Mary Davis

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Mary D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Walton, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at Gulf Gardens after my daughter found their listing on the Internet. I rented a room for a week, and was so impressed with the cottage I stayed in, and the overall ambiance of the area. The landscaping is simply beautiful, the pool was very inviting ... and right across Gulf Boulevard there's the beach. The best of all worlds ... staying in a great establishment with a pool and across the road from the beach. Imre and Maria make you feel very at home, always have a smile on their faces and are a very kind, sweet couple. I will definitely stay at Gulf Gardens again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Karen C
Winchester, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I had a week stay at Gulf Gardens (unit 5), the whole resort was just amazing. Clean, comfortable, great pool and a very short walk across the street from the beach. I swear it has taken me longer to get to the beach when staying at a high rise beachfront property. If you are looking for something unique and reminesent of "old Florida" this is for you! Imre and Maria (caretakers) are amazing, and answer any questions quickly. I look forward to many more vacations at Gulf Gardens Resort. I also think it would be a great group or family trip utilizing multiple units. There is a wonderful poolside covered large eating area with gas grill for end of the day get togethers! Love it! p.s. parking is right at your front door!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank KKWALTERS
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Always clean, managers are wonderful. Couldn't have asked for more! Gazebo area is kept up and grilling options available. Plants and trees well kept, pool area always clean. We loved Imre and Maria. Just a walk across the street to get to the beach and johns pass is a nice place to browse for shopping.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank rk09f
Ashville
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Had the occasion to visit the Gulf Garden Resort recently while visiting friends staying there for 2 months. This beautifully situated resort on Gulf Blvd, directly across the street from the Gulf is a very well kept property. A beautiful pool area, covered pavillion with tables and gas grill, plenty of parking and best if all, beautiful Florida weather. We were told their is a waiting list for longer term rentals so check it out early to see if there are any openings for the time you'd like to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tim_JanAshville_NY
Toronto
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Gulf Gardens (Unit 2) at the end of September. We had a fabulous week and are already trying to figure out when we can make it back. We booked through VRBO.com and were very pleased with that process. The resort is very modest, but extremely quaint, and CLEAN.

Gulf Gardens: We were looking for a cottage-type getaway where we could relax and unwind, but still cook our own meals and we got exactly that. I felt I relaxed more on this trip than any of our all-inclusive trips. Our unit's kitchen was stocked with every supply you will need for your stay. The complex has a BBQ that you can use as well as a shared outside eating area. We didn't use these amenities but will try to take advantage next time. The pool is extremely clean and quiet. When we were there there weren't any other guests really using the pool. The beach is right across the street, so we spent most of our time there. In the mornings we'd brew our coffee and bring them across the street to enjoy as we walked along the beach. Madeira Beach is one of the cleanest beaches I have been to. We walked a couple miles north, and as soon as you crossed into Redington, the sand was much less groomed than what it is in Madeira.

Let me also mention that the property managers Imre & Maria are extremely warm and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable and happy with your stay...I even got a hug when we left!

Location: Within walking distance is a great little ice cream shop, a few convenience stores, and a little further up (walkable if you like long walks) is John's Pass to the south, and to the north the CVS & Wynn Dixie are not far either. Everything is right there. Madeira Beach being between Clearwater and St. Petersburg makes it a great home base for your stay. There is lots to do close by.

When we went it was after Labour Day, so it was VERY quiet. We loved it though. It felt at times like we had the beach to ourselves, and we never had to wait for a table at the restaurants. I would go back at this time of year again.

Great value!! If you're looking for an all-amenities resort, go to one of the resorts in Clearwater and pay big bucks. But if you're looking for a more affordable, do-it-yourself type getaway where you will feel at home, I would HIGHLY recommend Gulf Gardens. The value cannot be beat...you will be very happy with your choice. I can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank TOAdventureGirl
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Have been coming to Madeira Beach many years, just found this charming place this year, our new vacation destination. Perfect! Incredibly clean, maintained gardens, crystal clear pool, across street from beach, and lovely resident managers. Home away from home. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple