“Perfect little get-away!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Dunlevy, Pennsylvania
“Perfect little get-away!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Spent three days as a birthday/anniversary trip before continuing on to Orlando to visit our beautiful granddaughters. My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The room was clean and perfect for the two of us. I really liked the way they handled "room service"......no one bothered you during your stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the heated pool and the beautiful garden setting beside it. The beach was clean and not crowded at this time of the year, and the views from our beachfront room were gorgeous! We got to experience perfect weather and the most awesome sunsets...... We are definitely looking forward to coming back to Madeira Beach, and we will stay at Barefoot Beach Hotel again!

Room Tip: I would definitely go for the beach front rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We come to Orlando every September and for the past couple of years we have taken a few days away from our hectic time there to spend a few days on the coast. We love this hotel! We have been lucky enough to get a Groupon but to be honest I would gladly pay full price.

Whilst it I would not class this as a luxury hotel it doesn't matter. It's clean and comfortable with a good little kitchenette area, cable tv and free wifi!! I quite like that the maid service was unobtrusive and you just exchange things in the basket if you need them.

Best of all it has the views.

I could sit for hours on the balcony just staring out at the ocean and people passing by which are few and far between on a late September weekday!! We have seen dolphins both times we've visited. Even watching the storms come in the afternoon is enjoyable!

The beach is gorgeous, it is so clean and fairly quiet when we've been. Never had a noise issue from other rooms and reception staff very helpful. It's also only a few mins walk from Johns Pass which is great for eating out too!! It's nice to actually be able to walk somewhere after spending time in Orlando.

If I had to make any criticisms it would be the air con is a bit noisy and very cold if you're on the put up bed - but I soon got used to the noise. The only other thing is I'm not used to staying on a property that is unmanned overnight. Not that it has been an issue so far.

Love this place and will always be my first choice when visiting this area!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Garfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After flying the beach from Clearwater to Sarasota, I knew I had to spend one night on the beach. Booked a room for the next night to watch the sun set over the gulf, unfortunately things went south, my room wasn't ready, and mother nature decided to blow in a storm and heavy fog. However Aaron the manager made things better when he upgraded me to a much nicer room. Thanks again for making the most out the situation, also I found Heath to be very helpful and informative, I plan on staying longer when I return next winter, Mark.

Room Tip: Had top room on south east corner, very nice, comfortable, quiet, great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I realize that I am pampered, but when I stay at a hotel for more than one night, I expect for the room to be "freshened", that is, clean towels, empty the waste basket, make the bed, wash the glasses,etc. You know, standard stuff that EVERY HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN FOR MORE THAN ONE NIGHT DOES! Except this one. They will give you replacement towels, just put your used ones in a basket outside the door. Okay, I can handle that one, but to not even enter the room at all for neatening and to say it is for the "privacy of their guests", is ridiculous. When we found clothes from a previous guest still in the chest they couldn't even send someone to pick them up, asked us to bring them down. Their idea of guest service is to save money at all costs for the hotel. The rest of the hotel was okay, a little pricey, except for the groupon that we had. We will go back to Marriott properties if we ever visit Madiera Beach again.

Room Tip: ASk for a gulf front, not a gulf view or pool view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
BarefootBchMgr, General Manager at Barefoot Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I would like to first say that I am very sorry that you did not receive daily housekeeping as you were expecting. However we are a smaller property unlike a Hilton or Marriott. The majority of our guests appreciate the privacy and intimacy of our property and no one disturbing them during their stay. This is why we offer our guests exchange on all linens, towels and amenities such as coffee, tea, and paper goods daily. Please keep us in mind for future relaxing stays when you aren't at the Marriott. Thank you for your business.
Upstate SC
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great value and even got a special rate. Not a 5 star but comfortable, clean, and quiet. Right on the beach. Parking under the building. Outside wall all glass, with curtains and door open I enjoyed several good afternoon naps. Always something to just sit on the sofa and watch, dolphins playing, pelicans, sailboats, most wonderful sunsets I have ever seen. Queen bed a little hard but new mattress, sleeper sofa, with ottoman, small fridge and microwave mounted under cabinets. Dishes, flatware, cups, and glasses for 4 efficiency with toaster, coffee maker. New flat TV, Wall thermostat controlled heat and air. Ceiling fan!!! Cold slate floor, but clean and probably a good idea for the beach, but a little slippery at times. Fast elevator and SUPER FAST wifi.....new receivers in each room and always great connection.

Room Tip: Beach front!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Catsown
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful.Room was comfortable with a great view of the gulf. Close to John Pass boardwalk, dolphin sightings each day from the beach, heated pool, free parking under the building. We will return!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank raha39
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

This place is really nice. It is better than the new can expect for the price. Is close to on the shops and restaurants and bars. This is a well-kept place. The rooms have glass of wine glasses and immaculate rooms and did I mention the view? We are right on the water listening to the sound of the sea is a speak right now! There might be a better place here somewhere but I don't know if you can beat this at this price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to Barefoot Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!