“Beautiful”

Barefoot Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We are not picky people, but wanted a beach front hotel this time. The location of this hotel was great. We were on the beach and walking distance from a great tourist area called John's Pass. Staff was very friendly. No daily room service, but if you needed clean towels or sheets you put basket out your door. This was for privacy and for my short stay I was fine with this. Pool was on small side,but with the beach right out the back door who cares! I would go back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank wiljan2000

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The room was well worth it, very clean. Being right on the beach and within walking distance to John's pass was excellent too! We flew into Florida and couldn't bring our beach gear. Luckily there was an area where other beach goers had donated some beach gear for the others to use. I would stay there again and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Check in: Wonderful. The gentlemen checking us in was quick, friendly and informative. He gave us the complete rundown of the hotel and gave us some information on points of interest near by.

The room: Average. There was mold around the baseboards in the bathroom, dust on top of fixtures and some of the cutlery was a little dirty. Although with that said, I was thankful to be provided with cutlery/plates/glasses in the first place, so I didn't mind. The room wasn't deep cleaned, but overall looked quite tidy. It was specious for two, and although the mattress was hard I kept telling myself it was good for my back. Haha.

The location: Great. The beachfront was so nice, and within 5 minutes you can walk to John's Pass. The pool was clean, and there is a barbeque available for guests to use. Also, there are chairs, water toys and buckets that you can borrow and take with you to the beach. So charming.

Overall: It is definitely a 2 1/2 star hotel, BUT, a great 2 1/2 star hotel. It's the little things about this spot that really delighted me. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for down-to-earth lodging, and would return myself next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The small refrigerator does not have a freezer. So don't buy ice cream at the grocery store unle...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clair V
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was really pleased with the cleanliness and location with the view. Staff was very attentive and helpful. The view from the balcony was all that I could want.
The most impressive thing was really how clean the room and entire hotel was inside - not what I expected from the outside. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

. This was a great place to stay, we would highly recommend this for a couple or small family. Parking was plentiful and very convenient, several nearby restaurants, lots to see and do close to the hotel. The kitchen area was furnished with dishes, silverware, toaster, etc.,

Warning, do not confuse this with Barefoot Condo Resorts

Room Tip: We were in 401, nice pool and Gulf view! A little noisy from road traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice location directly on the beach. Our beachfront room was very comfortable, with fold-out sofa, queen size bed, and kitchenette. Everything was clean and well maintained. We liked the covered tables on ground floor overlooking the beach, perfect spot for a picnic dinner. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and recommended a nice local restaurant for lunch. Pool was small but clean and not too crowded even on the weekend. Walls were thin, fairly typical for a hotel. I like that they don't allow smoking on balconies or at the pool, but have ashtrays in other spots instead. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I really was pleased with my oceanfront room at the Barefoot Beach Hotel just a few blocks from John's Pass. The room had a kitchenette with granite counter tops, as well as the counter in the bathroom. It is like a suite, with separate sleeping area, living room, kitchen. They furnished it beautifully. The location was great, close to shops at John's Pass just down the road. The oceanfront view was great! I would stay there again, and recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Definitely get an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
#5 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Barefoot Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!