“Fun time”

Trade Winds Cruise Lines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Look, most people writing these reviews must be snobs. Your paying $10 for a 5 hour boat ride. They maynot have the "looses" slots around as they claim, or a buffet that matche the Vinoy (again only $10) but it is a heck of a fun time for 5 hours. If anybody has ever been to Vegas I would compare it to The Flamingo or Ballys. A little run down, but very clean and staff is great. I know how to gamble, but they explained table games to anybody who didnt know how to play. I will admit the bottom level was a little hotter than the rest of the boat but all that was there was Slots anyways. And the people who are saying that there is no where to a sit need to walk upstairs to third level. There is plenty of tables and chairs inside and outside. The band rocked the whole night. And if you like sports betting this is only place you can get action in town. Everybody on boat enjoyed themselves. And if your into people watching you well see/meet some interesting characters. I can't really say anything bad about it. Just use your brain and dont expect that your going on the Titanic. Dont take these negative reviews seriously. Bunch of yuppies.

-Jacques

Visited September 2013
10 Thank Jacquesg911

Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Experience”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I took my girlfriend out on this boat this past weekend , I have been on other dinner cruises before, so I figured I would take her out on once since she has never been on one before. After reading trade winds web site I figured it would be a good thing , but when getting out on the water on this boat , it wasn't .... They offered 3 or 5 card poker and I was expecting it , it didn't happen , I got 5 card let it ride with a 3 card option ... when I asked if they had 3 card poker they told me no ... so I decided to go play the slot machines , after blowing 60 buck with out a lil return I decided to play their let it ride poker... 3 of us sitting at the table , we started to get a head and then they started switching the dealer then we started loosing ... the buffet sucked , veggies , yellow rice , pasta and then turkey .... I've had better on different cruises ... And they offered 10 per person in match play when I purchased my tickets .... Never received it ....

2 Thank Michael M
St. Petersburg, Florida
“tradewinds cruise”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

went on ship aug 10 2013....we enjoyed it ..food was ok ......they only use cash on board boat.....
for 20 dollars it was good trip......5 hrs ....the LUNCH .on board was ..ok..but ......WISH LUNCH WAS AT 1 PM OR 2 PM INSTEAD OF 1030 AM ....THAT WAY U CAN DRINK FIRST ....GAMBLE ..AND THEN EAT would MAKE THIS SOO MUCH BETTER CRUISE.......
BUT WE HAD GOOD TIME........so yes it was good bang for your buck........ and cant wait to go again.......

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tightest slots in town”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Don't believe their web site which advertises the "loosest slots in town". I have been on it twice. In about $120 worth of slots my biggest win was $10 once. The bonus rounds are crap too. The match play system is not really a match at all. Stay away. The blackjack is shady too.

4 Thank JoePits
Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“SAVE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I surprised my husband of 22 years with this Casino/Dinner cruise. I bought the tickets through Groupon If it wasn’t for the great friends that we went with and a few entertaining dancers, it sucked 100%. The boat did not leave until 7:20-7:25 pm. There seem to be 450 people on this 500 person capacity ship. You are rushed onto the boat and up to the 3rd floor to eat; only if you are an early boarder, if not there is 2nd and 3rd seating. 3rd seating started eating around 8:30. The ride out was beautiful, nice breeze and a gorgeous sunset. The servers bugged you every 5 minutes to order a drink however, they were all nice. We went to the 2nd floor to see about gambling. If you did not bring cash for drinks, food and gambling and you had to ATM money be prepared. It only gave out in increments of 100’s. Servers said there was another ATM that did increments of 20’s but never found it. The bottom floor only had slots and a portion of them were out. The money window was closed and the A/C did not work down there. There were only restrooms on the 2nd floor and if you had to go, go early in the trip because by halfway through the rooms were trashed; no toilet paper and it smelled like there were sewer issues. Once the gambling was over and we were on our way back in, the fumes from the boat exhaust was coming back onto the outside decks. My friend got a bad migraine from the smell. Hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches and chips were served for a price. Save your money, go out to dinner instead at a nice restaurant on land. Tradewinds should be ashamed to have their name associated with this cruise. I must agree with previous post on this site. Cruise from hell, Alcatraz hell island and ship is a POS.

Visited July 2013