“Excellent - hidden gem!”
Review of Gulf Bistro

Gulf Bistro
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

A French couple own and run this amazing little French bistro. From the looks of the outside, one may not venture in to try this place but they would totally miss out!

BEST duck - cooked perfected with cute sides like a tiny, yummy potato gratin. Bouillabaisse is fantastic! Extremely fresh fish and seafood in an amazing broth. Portions are just right. Desserts are great too! Wine list is just what you need to accompany these amazing entrees.

Your server will be the adorable wife who is always arriving with a smile.

Don't miss this place for a treat on the beach! It is not touristy - mostly locals, many who have retired here from Europe.

mickey1Seminole, Owner at Gulf Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you so much and hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First visit...Intimately nice decor, very small bistro, and delicious cuisine. Will go back often!!!

Thank you very much, and welcome in the area, hoping to see you soon....

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was very pleased to find out about this restaurant. I just returned from a 3 week trip from France and was told upon my return about this French restaurant that is just a few miles from my house.
The great reviews I read before going were right on. My husband and I both enjoyed our 4 course meal. I give praise for both the service and the food. The atmosphere was also nice. The cost was reasonable.

1  Thank Tina M

Merci beaucoup, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We always visit Gulf Bistro when we are on vacation in St Pete's, because we know that the food and the service will be excellent.
Our recent visit was no different with an excellent choice of menu to satisfy all tastes. The choices are very French but with a slight American twist.

WE ARE ENGLISH and seeing a previous report saying that a 20% tip had been added to some ones check because they were English suggests that the reviewer was getting his restaurants mixed up. In our experience THEY NEVER DO THIS.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Going in to our first meal at Gulf Bistro, I just assumed it was going to be a five-star experience. Reading all the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor made it seem as though this would be one of the best restaurants in the Tampa Bay area.

Almost, but not quite.

Tucked away in a nondescript storefront in Madeira Beach, Gulf Bistro gets a lot of things right. The atmosphere is absolutely Parisian cafe quaint. The menu is impressively traditional with a Floridian seafood twist. My wife had an amazing mahi preparation while I had a pedestrian shrimp and scallop dish.

So, what stopped it from being five stars instead of four? Little things, but I would have to say that I didn't find any excitement on the menu or in my meal. There was nothing on the menu that made me think: "I've never seen that on a menu before. I've got to try that."

When we go back, I'll change my order, abandoning my appetizer of the crepe with Brie and instead selecting the lobster bisque. And if the mahi that my wife had is still on the menu, I will be a happy man.

1  Thank StPeteSaint