“Very Good Deal!”

Las Brisas Condominiums
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Let me begin by setting things straight... this is not a luxury hotel. The furniture was not very comfortable and there was a somewhat dingy look to the exterior of the condo. However, this place was a great deal and is actually quite nice inside.

Our unit (304) had three bedrooms. The master had a floor to ceiling window that led directly to a porch. It was great to wake up to the view and sound of the ocean every morning. There were three bathrooms and a washer-dryer in the unit. The floors were tile which got a little bit messy from all of the sand, but I prefer it to carpet where you can't see the yuck.

The location is pretty good. It's nice to step right outside and be on the beach. You are only about a mile from John's Pass. Make sure you go to Julio's Crepery! I am also a frequenter of Friendly Fisherman and all of the great little shops. Leatherback's is a quality restaurant nearby. There is a great minature golf place about a mile towards Reddington Beach. This is a great area to visit and these condos put you near it all for a relatively cheap price. We paid $600 for three days over Memorial Day Weekend. I don't see how you can beat this price. Our extended family of 8 people fit very comfortably. It is also nice that they provide you with two parking spots.

In conclusion, I am typically a Hilton guy. I love to stay in 4-star and 5-star hotels. This place does definitely not quality... however, the experience was great. This place is perfect for a family vacation. Tell your mom and dad that your family and your sibling's family are meeting down in Tampa and book this place!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 27 March 2008

This is the WORST condo we have ever rented in over 25 years. I seems nothing has been spent on upgrades in at least 20 years. We had to call the management company-Travel Resort Services to have them come and fix the air conditioner, the microwave and coffe pot, none of which worked! We also insisted that they send someone to mop the floor in the kitchen and living area, after bathing my children I noticed their feet were BLACK from the tile floor!! Disgusting!! The management company also had to bring us dishes/silverware/pots and pans!! I am not talking about my needing expensive cookware, I am talking about boiling water and heating up foods for us to eat. If I wanted to eat every meal out I would have stayed in a hotel.

The carpet was that of a super cheap hotel; worn down with the feeling of --"what has been on this?"--It was only in the bedrooms and it was GROSS. The master bedroom had a clock radio on the floor because there was no bedside table on one side of the bed! I do not recall ever staying in a condo of this expense and having such poor linens, no mattress pads and all flat sheets so the bed had to be remade everyday.."cheap hotel" quality towels as well. While I do not expect rental units to have the newest mattresses, this one reminded me of the ones you see at the flee markets..my back hurt everyay!!

I came with a group and we rented 3 units 107,407 and 303. Had we not had friends in 407 where we could have meals we would have been very very disressed.

The only redeeming part was the management company did respond as soon as it could to try and remedy the shortfalls. However, this was a very bad experience - we recommend you stay away.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2008

We booked through the condo owner at PerpetualRentals@comcast.net
and the condo exceeded our expectations. We had three bedrooms, including the master with sliding door to the balcony. Two bathrooms. Excellent location directly on the beach and very short walk to supermarket and a variety of restaurants. Tell Jen that John Gibson sent you.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank mungoman
Reviewed 3 January 2008

I have had the pleasure of visiting Madiera Beach on several occasions and have stayed at Las Brisas in various condos. There are some very well kept units but others are in dire need of general cleaning, updating, and maintenance. On my most recent stay, the bedspreads were very worn and did not look clean so we had to wash them . Also the bathroom drawers and cabinets had water damage and I was uncomfortable putting my personal items in them. I prefer the units that did not have carpeting as it looks stained and dirty. The patio furniture was sparse and needed cleaning as well as the patio floor. The area is great and we loved being able to walk right on the beach. Would be nice to have the pool open later with lighting and a hot tub like the condo right next door. My best advice is to get pictures that are current of the condo so you get what you expect.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank Lynndy2006
Reviewed 21 December 2007

I just rented a condo at Las Brisas for my sister and her children when they came down to visit through Travel Resort Services. The condo is right on the beach and the children had a blast on their boogie boards! John Pass is very closeby and the kids were able to go parasailing & deep sea fishing. My sister and I were able to partake in one of the casino cruises. Travel Resort Services had a number of Las Brisas units to choose from and we were very pleased with our gulf front unit. Madeira Beach is a fun place for children and adults alike!

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank Escape4Now
Reviewed 17 October 2007

We contacted Waterfront Realty to book our stay at Las Brisas; we read some reviews of units that were not kept 'up to date' and Waterfront Realty assured us that "none" of their properties fell into that category.

We LOVED the condo with just one exception - the carpet WAS NOT well vacuumed; when we first arrived, my 2-year old kept handing me things that he was finding on the carpet (i.e. jelly beans and other things he could have choked on!!). This is the only thing that I was not happy about.........

OTHERWISE - it was wonderful!!! We saw dolphins from the balcony (or just looking out the window) every single day - morning, afternoon or evening!!! The sunsets were gorgeous, the pool, beach - everything was perfect. Leatherbacks was the best meal we had within walking distance but the other places we tried were good too!! We stayed for 10 nights and didn't want to leave. We stayed in Unit 306 and would absolutely stay there again. We would also use Waterfront Realty again - they were great and easy to work with!!! Don't be afraid of Las Brisas because there are a few bad rentals - find a good unit and the place is great!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank NJRanger
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We recently stayed at Las Brisas. Its great location right on Gulf Boulevard gave us easy access to many places. I really recommend Leatherback's Restaurant which is within walking distance from the condos. The food was exceptional. The beach access was phenomenal--just go right downstairs and you are there. Sunday AM we saw dolphins
from our balcony!! The room was clean enough-we didn't spend a ton of
time in the room, but when we were there it fit six adults comfortably enough. We REALLY enjoyed having a washer & dryer in our unit. The only downside was the elevator---it is really slow. We had a great time and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
#5 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Beach Suites Resort
Beach Suites Resort
#11 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Las Brisas Condominiums? Share your experiences!