“Ls Brisas Condos #503”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Michigan
“Ls Brisas Condos #503”
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Just stayed at Las Brisas Condo #503 over Xmas vacation. Having read a bad review we were very nervous about our accomadations but the folks at Jack Collins Rentals assured us the condo would meet our expectations.
We were very happy with the cleanliness, the working order of all appliances, and how well stocked the kitchen was. We have stayed in several beachfront condos in Madiera Beach over the years and unit 503 rates up there with the best.
My advice to everyone is when you book a condo at Las Brisas be sure to get pictures of the rooms prior to your arrival.
The only negative about the place was the availability of parking....we had only one space, so when visitors came they had to park in public areas along the beach.

• Liked — The Beach & area shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — Not enough parking
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank SoftballCoach

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Shelbyville, Illinois
Reviewed 24 October 2008

This was the best vacation ever. The beach was beautiful and the room was amazing. I would reccomend unit # 403 to anyone, it is very large (holds 10) and modern. The outside of the unit needs painted but everything else seemed ok. It had a nice balcony over looking the beach and everything else you could ever want. The only problem was the dryer did not work in the unit but there was one right outside our door but it cost a little bit. I am going to return here as soon as I can.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank kimmysue_28
Indiana
Reviewed 22 October 2008

We stayed at unit 503 and booked through Jack Collins Rentals. This was a horrible place. We got in late (10:30PM) and after driving 6 miles to find the key finally got into the room. Within 10 minutes after going in our condo we found 2 large bugs, still crawling, (up north we call them cockroaches), one was in the master bedroom and the other in our daughters room. We stayed for 7 days and by the end of our stay we had found 6 of these bugs. The condo had not been cleaned very well and the place was very neglected in terms of maintenance. Maintenance on the building was not kept up, the pool was clean but many of the loungers by the pool were broken. We complained to JC Rentals and did get a visit from a cleaning crew but it was too late. Its a shame that the condo was uninviting because it could be very nice the owners took care of it. As far as the building maintenance from now on we will stay someplace that has a staff on site to take care of problems. I can't believe a company would represent a condo that was this bad. We will never stay at Las Brisas again and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else, not stocked with necessities, like TP
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Let me begin by setting things straight... this is not a luxury hotel. The furniture was not very comfortable and there was a somewhat dingy look to the exterior of the condo. However, this place was a great deal and is actually quite nice inside.

Our unit (304) had three bedrooms. The master had a floor to ceiling window that led directly to a porch. It was great to wake up to the view and sound of the ocean every morning. There were three bathrooms and a washer-dryer in the unit. The floors were tile which got a little bit messy from all of the sand, but I prefer it to carpet where you can't see the yuck.

The location is pretty good. It's nice to step right outside and be on the beach. You are only about a mile from John's Pass. Make sure you go to Julio's Crepery! I am also a frequenter of Friendly Fisherman and all of the great little shops. Leatherback's is a quality restaurant nearby. There is a great minature golf place about a mile towards Reddington Beach. This is a great area to visit and these condos put you near it all for a relatively cheap price. We paid $600 for three days over Memorial Day Weekend. I don't see how you can beat this price. Our extended family of 8 people fit very comfortably. It is also nice that they provide you with two parking spots.

In conclusion, I am typically a Hilton guy. I love to stay in 4-star and 5-star hotels. This place does definitely not quality... however, the experience was great. This place is perfect for a family vacation. Tell your mom and dad that your family and your sibling's family are meeting down in Tampa and book this place!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
va
Reviewed 27 March 2008

This is the WORST condo we have ever rented in over 25 years. I seems nothing has been spent on upgrades in at least 20 years. We had to call the management company-Travel Resort Services to have them come and fix the air conditioner, the microwave and coffe pot, none of which worked! We also insisted that they send someone to mop the floor in the kitchen and living area, after bathing my children I noticed their feet were BLACK from the tile floor!! Disgusting!! The management company also had to bring us dishes/silverware/pots and pans!! I am not talking about my needing expensive cookware, I am talking about boiling water and heating up foods for us to eat. If I wanted to eat every meal out I would have stayed in a hotel.

The carpet was that of a super cheap hotel; worn down with the feeling of --"what has been on this?"--It was only in the bedrooms and it was GROSS. The master bedroom had a clock radio on the floor because there was no bedside table on one side of the bed! I do not recall ever staying in a condo of this expense and having such poor linens, no mattress pads and all flat sheets so the bed had to be remade everyday.."cheap hotel" quality towels as well. While I do not expect rental units to have the newest mattresses, this one reminded me of the ones you see at the flee markets..my back hurt everyay!!

I came with a group and we rented 3 units 107,407 and 303. Had we not had friends in 407 where we could have meals we would have been very very disressed.

The only redeeming part was the management company did respond as soon as it could to try and remedy the shortfalls. However, this was a very bad experience - we recommend you stay away.

• Liked — the distance to the beach
  • Disliked — The condo was horrible
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2008

We booked through the condo owner at PerpetualRentals@comcast.net
and the condo exceeded our expectations. We had three bedrooms, including the master with sliding door to the balcony. Two bathrooms. Excellent location directly on the beach and very short walk to supermarket and a variety of restaurants. Tell Jen that John Gibson sent you.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank mungoman
US
Reviewed 3 January 2008

I have had the pleasure of visiting Madiera Beach on several occasions and have stayed at Las Brisas in various condos. There are some very well kept units but others are in dire need of general cleaning, updating, and maintenance. On my most recent stay, the bedspreads were very worn and did not look clean so we had to wash them . Also the bathroom drawers and cabinets had water damage and I was uncomfortable putting my personal items in them. I prefer the units that did not have carpeting as it looks stained and dirty. The patio furniture was sparse and needed cleaning as well as the patio floor. The area is great and we loved being able to walk right on the beach. Would be nice to have the pool open later with lighting and a hot tub like the condo right next door. My best advice is to get pictures that are current of the condo so you get what you expect.

Stayed November 2007
#10 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Schooner Hotel
Schooner Hotel
#6 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Las Brisas Condominiums? Share your experiences!