“Disgusting.....checked in, saw room, checked out!”
Review of Surfs Inn

Surfs Inn
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Didn't get off to a good start. Booked online in advance. Upon arrival the elderly lady ( I use the term "lady" very loosely) had a real attitude with us because they had no record of our reservation! I showed the receipt and Email on the Iphone and she blamed "expedia or whatever". Err. sorry but I booked directly through the Surfs Inn website! Anyway, finally got that sorted and went to our room. Now, when I booked, I knew It was a budget price and expected budget accomodation. But I also expected it to be clean. Wrong. It was disgusting. Toilet was dirty, walls dirty, inside & outside of fridge was filthy, faucets were filthy too. Bare wires hanging out of wall, oh and the bath tub seemed to have been caulked by a blind man with a paintbrush who also kindly left sharp rusty metal around the plug hole for us to catch tetanus! The only redeeming feature was, when we returned to reception to immediately checkout it was a young man who didn't even seem surprised and assured me there would be no charge to my card. We immediatley went to or "usual hotel" .Honestly, I always look for mitigating factors & try to be reasonable but do not waste your time here. Well, unless you already live in a dump and simply fancy a dump with a sea view for a couple of days. At least that bit on their site is accurate.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel/motel !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 15 June 2012

There were bugs in the beds. A sign on the cabinets that says 10 dollar charge for dishes left dirty. The container that holds the silver ware was dirty. The old lady at the front desk had a REALLY bad attitude. It's time for her to retire. The only thing that's true about the website is. It's on the beach. The carpet looks like it was put in when the hotel was built. And god forbid you come in with one of their own coupons. There is no housekeeping. The sheets aren't changed when you leave. There were pubic hairs on the sheets. After taking the bugs to the office and showing it to the manager they offered no discount. There is no refund or we wouldv'e went next door to the other hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank MyChemicalRomanse
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I wish we would have read the recent 2012 eviews of this place. Everything noted is true! They have signs up to sell condos. I was told by a lady that sells them that they have sold 7 of the 12 available for 1.1 Million each! That in itself is hard to believe. We have come to this place several times through the years and it was nice in the past. The location is great. But this weekend we were stuck in an upstairs socalled " Junior Suite" that was probably the smallest "Effieciency" we ever rented! The pool which is not heated had sand in it as it is only cleaned 3 times a week according to one of the maids. The rules in and around the pool were not enforces at all. People were drinking beer in bottles in and around the pool. This is totally wrong and unsafe. Unruly & under supervised Kids took over the entire pool with rafts, noodles etc, whic was forbidden by the pool rules as well. Tossing footballs in and out of it. So if you were not a kid, too bad.The furniture in the rooms has been there for years as well. SO BE FOREWARNED!! STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS DISGUSTING AND SHOULD BE CLOSED GO UP THE STREET TO THE SCHOONER IF U HAVE KIDS OR IF ADULTS ONLY TRY THE SHORELINE JUST NORTH OF SURFS INN!

Room Tip: Awful and Rundown! Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mrtdm99
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is the worst place I have ever been to in my life. DO NOT STAY HERE. We walked around the room without shoes on and our feet were black. Nothing is clean and sheets were never changed the entire time we were here, all they did was make the bed and give us towns. No cleaning at all. This place is gross, we will not want to sleep in the bed....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed her twice last summer, all rooms direct gulf view - 2nd floor is a better beach view. Love the old time feel, it is a dying breed of motels. 1950 pink tile in the bathroom, old furniture and fixtures, full size fridge is nice but that beachfront view and walking right out into the sand without taking a 5 minute elevator ride is priceless! Terrific small pool probably 8 ft deep not something you can find anymore and they built the pool deck right out into the white powdery sand. Beautiful sunsets. Shopped at publix for food and never left the motel after that, two nice grills to use for BBQ. Looking for new and high class this is not it. What they offer is an amazing beach location for a nice stress free family vacation at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2012

If this place was 50.00 a night it would still be 48.00 dollars to much.The pictures are decieving and do not forget that this property has been sold for condos and the owners are not putting any money into this.Do not let your kids stay here because it is that dirty.Read this please before making a reservation

Room Tip: Read the reviews on this place and it was about a split 50/50 so we took a chance.I made a huge mist...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wallycoxx
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I was not expecting glamour but I was disappointed. I paid $150.00 for one day in the end. I am sure I could of found a better price at that rate. Dirty inside and run down . Pool was not heated. I found a nice place in treasure Island just pass John's pass. It is not on beach side but all you do is walk across the street. It is called the Mardi Gras. It was only $78.00. It was very nice compare to Surf's Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to Surfs Inn? Share your experiences!