Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village
Shoreline Island Resort(Madeira Beach)
US$181
US$205
US$172
Courtyard
Barefoot Beach Hotel(Madeira Beach)
US$191
  • Pool
Holiday Isles Resort(Madeira Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
Madeira Bay Resort(Madeira Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssandy shoresacross the streetjohn's passbalcony overlooking the pool and beachpublic parkingfamily vacationgreat layoutvisiting madeira beachwatching the boatsnice condowasher and dryerbedroom condosliding doorslow elevatorbubba gumpsshops and restaurantsbusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed in unit 508 week of August 10, 2013 at THE BEACH PLACE. The very first call I made was to Gary F, at Johns Pass Condos who are off site property managers. My initial call to Gary, I was actually looking for another unit on the 5th floor. When I think back I should have stuck with my instincts. He actually said the unit I was looking at which was beautiful inside, the owners were 'known' to charge more then others. I actually think this is something the unit's owner that I wanted to rent, might be a LITTLE BIT UPSET ABOUT. I am going to find the unit and contact the unit owners to advise that Gary is practicing in a deliberately deceitful manner. GUESS WHAT happened next. He then suggested HIS OWN PERSONAL UNIT 508 INSTEAD!!!!!!!

To be able do over if I only knew what was to happen our second day there. On Sunday, we left the unit to GO to the beach with our 3year old grandson, and family. At about 4pm, my daughter who is a diabetic needed to access her meds/INSULIN. Both she and my husband were gone for sometime and I started to worry as I waited in the pool area with my grandson who needed to nap. All of a sudden my daughter tells us they can't get in to the unit. They immediately called Gary, who had left for the day, and then proceeded to dial their emergency number. IT TOOK FOUR CALLS!!! 20 minutes later, they get though. At his point we are working on 1 HOUR, NO MEDS, and a HOT 3 YEAR OLD. Finally we are told Gary's son will come. ANOTHER 20 mins later, he shows up very annoyed that he was bothered by his father. He tried to open door, to no avail. Heads down to his truck apparently cursing all the way and able to hear him 5 flights up!!!! Nice right? Finally we are told the BATTERIES IN THE KEYLESS ENTRY WERE OLD and needed replacing. Gary's son when asked if the MASTER KEY in the unit would work it should this happen again. The smart guy he is, said NO! By the way YES IT DOES AS WE TRIED IT LATER. He then went on to say WE ONLY HAD BEEN WAITING AN HOUR, NOT TRUE IT WAS 2 AT THIS POINT AND AND A DIABETIC WAITING TO GET IN UNIT. The best comes next, he tells my husband that we should have called 911 as ambulance would have had her meds. My husbands response was you must be kidding as that is just not true. Also I wonder if Gary would pay for the unnecessary call to get an ambulance, I guess as my daughter would already be in a diabetic coma at that point. He the son, then threatened to kick US OUT OF THE UNIT, WHICH PER GARY HE DOES NOT OWN BUT rather Gary. My husband called Gary who at that point was apologetic and told us he would compensate us for the terrible experience and now over two hours in the 100 degree heat. However that never happened and told my husband today to go F... himself and hung up.

Just in case this is not enough to make you think twice, the closets are full of junk, old carpet and painting supplies. There is NO dresser in the master. have to put clothes in bathroom cabinet. Several lights did not work and we could not see as we entered the unit. We were told upon our arrival on Saturday, that they had NO maintenance people and they would send person over Sunday between 10 and 11 am. The next morning 11 am came and went. We called back and this time Danny who works in office said who did I talk to and i told her their assistant. She said they NEVER give anyone a time. Finally as we are still waiting, my husband leaves to go down to parking lot. On his way down he see maintenance guy leaving. Low and behold, Danny gave him unit 507. ONE number off but it makes a huge difference. We installed our own bulbs.

This was how the vacation began, so please rethink renting from JOHNS PASS CONDOS!!!!

Lastly, we had to turn off light in refrigerator since we could not get it cold. One of the oldest I have ever seen.

The outdoor area small, pool not clean. Elevator was out of order on Monday as there was something very wrong with it. The sounds, rubbing within the shaft was not the way it should be.No AIR in it either. Building very noisey so if you are sleeping in the two bedrooms as you come in, you will be up by 7am. Please rethink your stay here. The location can't be beat but it was not worth it. It ruined our trip to a great extent since my daughter, son and husband were so upset by the way they were treated! I will never forgive myself as I booked it. Needless to say make sure if you do rent, rent through the building mgnt SUNHOST, not these idiots.

Your vacation is far too precious to ever let this happen and I hope this will help you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Marlin57
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The Beach Place, unit 112, is an awesome 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Lots of room, great kitchen and good layout. Perfect views from the kitchen and living room. This place is perfect for access to the beach and john's pass. Reservation process was easy and the pricing is excellent for what you get! We are an average family with 2 teenagers, this was perfect for us. Not luxury if that's what you Are for, but worked exceptionally well for us! I do recommend staying on the first floor, the elevators are slow, but this unit is right at the top of the stairs. Could use a good detailing of baseboards, doors, etc, but overall good and clean. Great covered parking, easy flow to,anywhere on the beach and of course across the street from John's Pass.

Room Tip: Unit 112 or other first floor level!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nsmith4t2
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The condos are in a great location, but unit #407 is less than to be desired! The furniture is old and falling apart! ALL the beds are old and VERY uncomfortable to sleep in! Even the kids thought so - not just us 40 something folks! Nothing has been updated in a while! The cleaning crew, I'm sure, does their best with this unit, but there is only so much one can do. The sheets were clean and fresh and the dishes as well. Plenty of towels were left for us, etc. It was also nice having a washer and dryer in the unit. Unfortunately, we would not rent this unit again:-(

Room Tip: Don't choose unit #407! I wish I had read these reviews before I booked the unit!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Denise C
SunHostResorts, Manager at Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Beach Place 407. The owner has taken your review seriously. As of this reply, the unit now has all new beds & bedding. The unit has also recently been repainted top to bottom. More renovations are is store. Thank you, SunHost Mgt

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I'm a regular on Trip Advisor and clicked on the reviews of The Beach Place. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews that I felt it necessary to let people know there is a very nice unit here.
We stayed here the week of June 8 - June 15. It was our first time in Madeira Beach. We went for my son's wedding. He had booked his condo at Sandy Shores through John's Pass Condos. You can rent condos at Sandy Shores or The Beach Place. I looked through them, but just didn't see any I liked or that were available. I checked vrbo and have used them before. I found this place, but thought it was expensive and was reluctant to pay that much. In the end, you really get what you pay for. It was a very nice condo, probably one of the best we've ever rented. Plus it fit our families needs. The location was perfect being right next to my son and right across the street from John's Pass. We have never had a condo that supplied so many extras. More beach toys and beach accessories, including beach towels, than we could possibly use. The kitchen was well equipted and had many extras left behind by previous renters. The bathrooms all had blow dryers and extra toiletries that we didn't even realize. The condo was so nice and cool the entire time and had several HD flat screen TV's. I'm not a picky person when it comes to how clean a condo is, but this one seemed pretty spotless. My mother-in-law is picky and she never said anything. The condo came with 2 parking spaces. One under the building, which was the best. It kept the car cool whenever we needed to go out. The other was outside of the garage, but at a partly shady spot. I do agree with the elevator issue that most people commented on. It was awful. One elevator that was hot and stuffy and slow as can be. The elevator and condos all required codes to use them and the stairway needed a key, for security I guess. That was a little pain to get used to, but really wasn't too bad. The pool area was nice, but kinda small for so many units. Most of the time it was overrun by a lot of kids. We thought the beach was beautiful and mainly went there.
I guess the only real negatives would be the slow elevator and the small pool. I still don't know how I felt about the building being right next to the public access beach and drawbridge.
If you are looking for a very nice condo at The Beach Place look on vrbo.com and check out this condo. I also did a review on their website. Linda, the owner, is very easy to work with and so nice. Going directly through the owner probably made the difference. Hopefully I won't be sorry telling everyone about Unit 306. Next time I may not be so lucky to find it available.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bizElady
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Unit 403 was not clean!! The refrigerator smelled like stinking old fish. I had to buy baking soda inserts for the fridge and it did not even work. The told me that is what they would have suggested I do. They said the smell was probably from someone storing bait in it. Come one. You can't tell me the "cleaning" people could not smell it. Get a tub of clorox and sanitize it!! Floors were filthy. Sox were black from walking on them. Shower liners had mold on them. The drain plugs did not work. Both showers/tubs needed to be desperately cleaned.
Kitchen closet was old and nasty. The beds had dirt and garbage under them. We had to wash the bedspreads and blankets cuz we could not wait 2 days to get them back. My 4 yr old said "mom, this smells funny." To make it worse we had to take the blankets/bedspreads to a friends condo to wash them. They definitely need a washer and dryer in the condo!! They need to spend the money to give this condo a complete over haul. I have a feeling this one is not independently owned rather owned by the complex. It needs work!!!

• Stayed: June 2013