While most of the other hotels/accommodations available in this long stretch of beach area from Clearwater to St. Petersburg were in the $200 range for a family of three, we were able to get a $150 price here, and were NOT disappointed. First of all - despite the somewhat misleading name, this "resort" is really a condo community with a small pool, workout room, spa and that's about it. No coffee shop, elegant lobby, shuttles to the airport or anything of the kind. It is basic, no frills, and worth every dollar. Our west-facing room overlooked the Gulf (separated by the main highway), but rooms on the east side had a stunning view of the Bay as well. Rooms have balconies, kitchenettes, washers and dryers (YEA!!) and most of the comforts of home (irons, hair dryers, coffee makers, etc.). No maid service here - you are on your own as far as that goes, but if you need things (like more TP or soap) the desk is happy to provide them, so it is not on your dime (except for laundry soap - that was on us). In addition to being reasonably-priced, well-situated, comfortable (one bedroom, living room, kitchenette and bath), and very clean, we enjoyed easy beach access, a 5 minute walk to John's Pass for eating and shopping, and short drives to St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Fort DeSoto. We had everything we needed, expected and were paying for. Perfect value for us (two parents, one teenager). Would highly recommend this for families traveling together, especially those with young children, since units are roomy, not too many per floor (so you are less likely to bother your neighbors with noise) and kids can go in and out of other rooms easily, since doors are not self-locking. Only negative at all is the street crossing to the beach. Under the best of conditions this is a risky business, with 4 lanes, fast speeds and only a crosswalk to slow things down. Make sure your kids understand the crossing rules before letting them go off on their own. Other than that - ENJOY your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern resort directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and 2 blocks north of John's Pass Village & Boardwalk. All 1 and 2 bedroom units have complete kitchens, washers & dryers in the unit and picturesque views of the intra-coastal waterway, Marina or the Gulf of Mexico. Free WiFi is available throughout the resort. The 6th floor "Sunset Room" is equipped with a weight machine and elliptical. A heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi are adjacent to the full service marina and restaurant. Oceans West Day Spa located within the resort provides hair, nail & skin care as well as massage. A 2,000 square foot function space is available for rent for private parties, family reunions, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Madeira Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Bay Hotel Madeira Beach
- Madeira Bay Beach
- Madeira Bay Resort Madeira Beach, Florida