All reviewsacross the streetjohn's passwithin walking distancethe kitchenno windowbunk bedswasher dryerliving roomsecond bedroombar stoolsview of the oceanduring spring breakbars and restaurantsbeach chairsmad beach fish housefull bathroomscouple blocks
Reviewed 12 January 2009

My husband and I have stayed at Madeira Bay Resort more than 4 times and each time it has been a wonderful stay in a fresh and clean resort! We always stay here when we visit our family who live in Largo. There just isn't any other place I would stay when in the Madeira Beach area!! All of the other hotels/condos here are old, out dated, have low ceilings and musty smells. I went to several while staying at Madeira Bay Resort and it confirmed what I already knew, I picked the best around. The staff has always been friendly and helpful and the grounds well maintained.

Did I mention we walk everywhere?! It is so nice to walk instead of driving all over the place, John's pass is very nice to visit and the beach is just across the street. Also the grocery store is a short 5 minute drive which is unusual for a beach condo or hotel around there. We stayed in 2 beautifully decorated units and now make sure to request them each time we come to visit. Units 402 and 302 both have a nice gulf view and are the best ones in our opinions. I hope this helps any one traveling to the area. ps - The last reviewer of this place sounds like he was just having a bad week. I've never had this experience (ever) at MBR.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 August 2008

For the second year in a row, we stayed at the Madiera Bay Resort for the 4th of July weekend. Last year, I would have given it 4-5 stars , but this year it earns only two. The biggest complaint is that we were not given the room that we booked; I had gone thru the owner of this specific condo who's property we had booked previously at MBR. It was very nice and had an ocean view, so we asked for it again (the owner called the hotel and then I followed up with my credit card reservation). However, the check-in desk had put someone else in that property and we we're given the only one still vacant that day. It had a view of a neighborhood and a little of the bay...we were so looking forward to the ocean view. In the room itself, half the shower door was missing, the decor was minimal and the beds were hard. The first two nights there were very loud revelers above us going to all hours of the night. And parking was ridiculous. One night the hotel authorized me to park in a handicap space. While it is nice that they have a covered deck, it rarely had available spaces...the property has a lot of illegal parkers and also many who double park their vehicles-
-there needs to be some enforcement of the rules. There was only one desk person who seemed way overworked and not very concerned about our disappointment and frustration.

It's called a resort, but it has few amenities. The only thing added from '07 to '08 was a some spa deal. No gym...no gameroom....no nothing. Outside is a tiny pool right beside the busy road. They said a on-site restaurant is coming soon.

It is a great location at John's Pass...an easy walk to the John's Pass boardwalk and the Gulf across the street with fairly easy access. A solid property overall. I really liked the room from '07 and I may stay again, but will have the owner double and triple-check that the reservation folks have us booked for the right room.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Madeira Bay Resort. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo and everything was perfect. The condo was new, clean and provided all we needed for a perfect beach holiday.
It is a very short walk to John's Pass, across the street from the beach and very close to the trolley stop that you can take to go to Treasure Island, Clearwater Beach, etc. We purchased a day pass for $3.50 and used the trolley to bar hop along the beach one day.
There is a small pool area with a hot tub but we preferred the beach.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ed22
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We just returned from booking unit 206 thru VRBO for only $80 per night. What a bargain considering the pricing for similar places along the beaches was twice as much or more. The condo was roomy, modern, nicely furnished and decorated, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances plus washer and dryer. Nice living area and dinette with a lovely balcony and view of the inlet with beautiful boats. The master BR was roomy with a view, the bathroom was huge and there was a little den with twin beds. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Ed. Everybody staying there was very friendly. The pool was a little small but not overdrowded and afforded a great view of the boats and inlet. The beach is just a few steps across the street, very clean and uncrowded. Great sunsets! Very short walk to John's Pass with its great variety of shops and restaurants, parasailing, jet ski and boat rentals. You can easily kill a day there! The only time we used our car was to cross the bridge to Gator's for dinner and live music. The evening view of John's Pass from Gator was lovely. The food was average but the server was entertaining and made up for it! The band was great and even got us out on the dance floor. All in all, I don't think there is a better deal to be found on this beach and I've been there many times. I've already booked for a few days in August and will return to Madeira Bay Resort each time we visit the area again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank beach58
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Just returned from Madeira Bay Resort last night. Stayed in unit
311.. Lovely! 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom on the marina, washer & dryer in the unit, pots & pans, dishes, flatware, glassware, coffee maker, and a blender, great location, nice pool & hot tub, very clean, quiet.. Negatives are very minor, no hairdryers, beds are extra firm, limited pillows & blankets, staff not quite as helpful as one had hoped.. I would recommend unit 311.. LOVELY!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple