All reviews across the street john's pass within walking distance no window the kitchen bunk beds washer dryer living room second bedroom bar stools view of the ocean during spring break bars and restaurants beach chairs mad beach fish house full bathrooms couple blocks
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Be very careful when reserving this place. OK value, but if you cancel, even weeks out, you wil be charged a $55 "admin fee".
When I tried to explain my situation to them and tell them that I as a customer was not happy with the admin fee I was cut off by the employee who had to state his case. I explained to him I'm just giving customer feedback and I called him bro (I'm from California and call many friends bro or dude) he said "my name is not bro its "William." (Pretty rude) Anyway, customer is not first at this place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The place is new, it is well furnished and the air conditioning and the hot water work very well. The place was clean. So far, it is good. However, forget about the pool! That is a bad joke, that is a pothole. Be carefull with the charges, they quote you a price over the phone but charge you a different amount on the credit card. I did not paid attention at the front desk when I arrive and signed what they gave me without doing the math. I was charge an extra $100 even. Be carefull with this people, specially when you are traveling with full family, kids, etc. It is easy to oversee an easy number $100. And I now understand this people know what they do...Bottom line, as a hotel room it is okay, but do not expect any service. And be very carefull with the administration!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank S S
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We stayed in Unit 312 on the Bay Side. Very quiet with nice view of marina. Unit was very well equiped and clean. We enjoyed having covered parking and being able to walk to Johns Pass Village for dinner. Our average cost for a week stay was just $110/day! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cavanagh101
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights with my aunt, her two kids, and my grandma. My aunt paid for the room and did all the check-in so I can't really say anything about that.
We had room 409. At the last minute my aunt upgraded to a 2- bedroom condo so my boyfriend and myself could have our own room (we offered to pay but she wouldn't let us). Hotel is in a good location, across the street from the beach and steps away from the boardwalk.
The room itself was really really small. The second "bedroom" was actually two twin beds shoved into an oversized closet with no windows. It was DARK and small.
The kitchen was nice with really nice stainless steel applicances and granite countertops. The walls are thin. I could hear the conversation the people next door were having. Even my grandma could hear them at night and she had the master bedroom separating her and the room next door.
Also, we called for extra towels a couple times and nothing. We had to wash and re-use the FOUR towels we got for six people staying in the room.
Also the pool is small. Lots of boats are docked at the nearby marina and the people with those docked boats come use the pool as well (not sure if they're allowed but they do). The pool is kind of in the parking lot of the bar next door.
Overall, if I had paid for this room myself I would've left. The furnishings and everything in it are very very nice, but it's just small. Really small for the close to $300/night that was paid to stay here.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Stayed in room 410 for a week in April with wife and 3 kids 7 and under. Condo was clean and was appropriately outfitted.

Beds were like rocks. The pullout mattress had no sheets and we had to call three times throughout the course of our 2nd day to finally get some. I finally had to put the mattress on the floor and sleep on it like that because it was so uncomfortable on the frame. No clean towels although washer and dryer in the unit. The furnishings were dated. Nothing terrible but overall we were disappointed w/ the area and the condo.

We had stayed in Sand Key our previous times to the area and were disappointed w/ how commercial and busy Madeira Beach was in comparison.

The pool is small but very warm and was fine for the kids, although it is right on the road and there was major construction right next to it as well so the atmosphere was less than relaxing.

The beach was across the busy road but was very nice.

The balcony overlooked a lagoon w/ boats anchored and was nice although very small.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family