All reviews across the street john's pass within walking distance no window the kitchen bunk beds washer dryer living room second bedroom bar stools view of the ocean during spring break bars and restaurants beach chairs mad beach fish house full bathrooms couple blocks
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My family stayed there this past August. It sits across from a busy street. The pictures are a little deceptive in that the bay that it overlooks is not all that nice.

The unit we rented was not big enough for our family and was not clean at all.

I will say the owner was very friendly and helped us quite a bit. Unfortunately I can't say that about the people that run the front desk. They were horrible.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit overlooking the marina in 2008. The unit itself was new with a good setup and large balconies overlooking the boats. There was a bar area with 4 stools for eating and a very small table with 2 chairs that was of little use for our 4 family members. The walls seemed to be paper thin as every night we were awoken by LOUD snoring of the guests next door. It was awful and requests for different room were ignored. The walk across Gulf Blvd was sometimes difficult due to backups caused by bridge construction on John's pass.

Our check in was 2 hours late and all we were told was that they were busy as it was Spring Break. Each time we went to the front desk there were long lines and only one person working, which is not near enough given all the complaints they seemed to be receiving about checkins, rooms not same as reserved, etc.

Overall, the area is nice, but I would not stay again the Madeira Bay Resort as there are many other options where you can get a good nights sleep and get the customer service you deserve for your vacation.

Forgot to mention, the pool is very small and sits right on Gulf Blvd. Not relaxing and very loud.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank wannabeenthere
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Be very careful when reserving this place. OK value, but if you cancel, even weeks out, you wil be charged a $55 "admin fee".
When I tried to explain my situation to them and tell them that I as a customer was not happy with the admin fee I was cut off by the employee who had to state his case. I explained to him I'm just giving customer feedback and I called him bro (I'm from California and call many friends bro or dude) he said "my name is not bro its "William." (Pretty rude) Anyway, customer is not first at this place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The place is new, it is well furnished and the air conditioning and the hot water work very well. The place was clean. So far, it is good. However, forget about the pool! That is a bad joke, that is a pothole. Be carefull with the charges, they quote you a price over the phone but charge you a different amount on the credit card. I did not paid attention at the front desk when I arrive and signed what they gave me without doing the math. I was charge an extra $100 even. Be carefull with this people, specially when you are traveling with full family, kids, etc. It is easy to oversee an easy number $100. And I now understand this people know what they do...Bottom line, as a hotel room it is okay, but do not expect any service. And be very carefull with the administration!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank S S
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We stayed in Unit 312 on the Bay Side. Very quiet with nice view of marina. Unit was very well equiped and clean. We enjoyed having covered parking and being able to walk to Johns Pass Village for dinner. Our average cost for a week stay was just $110/day! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family