All reviews across the street john's pass bunk beds within walking distance no window the kitchen living room short walk second bedroom washer and dryer bar stools full bathrooms mad beach fish house bars and restaurants beach access vacation rental couple blocks
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Fortunate to get a room overlooking the marina. Short walking distance to the beach and to John's Pass. Have visited Madeira Beach several times and have always enjoyed it. Madeira Bay Resort provided yet another lovely stay!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Just got back from a five week stay. We had unit 301. We had a couple of minor issues and they were solve immediately. Great costumer service. This unit has a great view and has been updated. We loved it. We love Sarah at front desk. We have booked again for next year.

Room tip: Rooms facing marina in the back.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fallsgirl
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I have stayed at this resort numerous times and have also recommended it to others. I am appalled and disappointed at the lack of customer service and their failure to respond to any of the three emails I sent them. Please read below.

Hi,
Referring to an email I sent to you on 12/21 regarding a $60 additional fee for the rental of #505.

I have yet to receive a response from you regarding this. As I am in the UK I got my cousin to call for an explanation as to why her card was charged $60. She was told it was because we separated the bunk beds.

I am a repeat visitor to your property and must say that I have never had any problems. I have actually recommended you to numerous people and being the owner of a short term letting property in Kissimmee, Florida, know how to respect other people's property. I specifically choose #505 as it had the required number of beds. As there was myself, my mother, my cousin and her 11 year old daughter, we required 3 bedrooms. The Den with a twin and single was ideal for this (please see attached screenshot from your website).

Upon arrival, I found that the beds in the Den were actually bunk beds, this differs from your website pictures. The excited 11 year old promptly got onto the top bunk and I was dismayed to see it sway around. It was clearly not stable enough. The ladder is also broken. The bottom bunk was again inadequate. There is only room for a small child due to the head height. It looked as if they would have to share one of the other beds and the sofa bed utilised until I noticed that all that was securing the bunks was a metal rod on each leg. With the help of my 78 year old mother and my cousin, I managed to lift this off within 5 minutes with little effort. No damage was caused.

Upon checking out, I informed the gentleman on reception that we had had to separate the bunks. At no point did he mention a charge would be incurred for this but I must say he was quite surly in his nature. This is very unusual for your establishment. I could quite easily have not mentioned it, but as I say, I am a property owner myself and thought it needed pointing out how unsafe the bunk beds appeared. I could have just put them back together myself but there is a safety issue here.

In the first instance, could someone please explain to me why I didn't receive a response to my first email and secondly, I would like this $60 to be put back onto my cousin's credit/debit card please.

I'm am not the type of person that complains but feel strongly enough about this not to stay with you again if the is not resolved.

Regards

So still no reply, I always read reviews prior to booking hotels/condos, I hope this helps you make your decision when considering this resort.

Room tip: This resort used to have a sunset view but they have now built in front of it. If you stay request a dockside view which is lovely.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Paul H
Sarah S, Manager at Madeira Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Paul,

I understand that you & your cousin (both of whom I have spoken with on the phone about this issue) were not happy with the response you received from me via our phone conversion but the charge for taking apart the bunk beds can not be waived. I spoke with management above me about it after our phone conversation and all are in agreeance that you took the beds apart therefore you are responsible for the fee to put them back together. We have a policy here that when you as a guest take something apart and do not put it back together or cause damages to a condo you are responsible and accountable for it. This policy is a standard hotel policy & is something that all guests are aware of and sign for at check in. I am sad to see that this is the route you have taken because you are not getting your way.

Sarah

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Nice location, right across the street from the beach & a short walk to St John's Pass, but the bed was horrible & the management wouldn't move us to another condo or even consider compensating us for the mattress topper we purchased. The bed was sooo horrible, even the topper didn't work. We had to get the mattress from the other room & stack them on the floor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cincyhomebase

Dear Cincyhomebase,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with the beds. As the front desk manager who is here 5 days a week, this is the 1st time I am hearing about your experience with the beds or buying a topper and not being compensated for it. I am not sure who you spoke with on the front desk but I am here almost everyday from 7-3 & this issue was never brought to my attention. Had this issue been brought to my attention we would have gladly done our best to make better accommodations for you and to ensure you had the best stay possible. As guest comfort is one of our top priorities.

Thank-You,
Sarah

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my grown up son just had a stay. Fabulous room. Ticked all the boxes. We would stay here again. Easy walking to John's pass for bars and restaurants. There is a very popular bar right next door to the hotel. Caters for more mature people with the type of singers it had on. Everyone was lovely. Lots of cheek to cheek dancing

Trip type: Travelled with family