“True good fresh fish!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2008

This place has the best sea Food I have ever ate in my life!

My wife wanted Sea food on our Vacation (our vacation home is Clearwater). I wanted a Steak. The locals refered this place to us.

I like the laid back atmospher. I thought the chalk board menu was cool. I was kinda shocked at there not being any Steaks or Ham Burgers available. I was already in a bad mood when I got there. It was turning out to be a bad night. I WAS WRONG!

I do not do alot of sea food. So the Scamp Grouper was what I got. I alsed about sides. They said it comes with this. Can I sub for something else? No. Humm.

Well I got my meal. I LOVED IT. The Habanero Salsa (that I did not want) Was the bomb! It was a perfect meal.

I have been back 4 other times since then.

They have a good lunch menu as well.

I would recommend this place to folks. I would say if you have kids, the menu could be difficult.

Also, Waltz does not advertise much. They do not need too. So, you have to look for them.

Also, the menu changes daily.

5  Thank daytrader106

Reviewed 25 January 2008

Have you and five friends ever been dining and after 48 minutes from sitting down, been handed the bill and asked to vacate your table? That's exactly what happened to us on Thursday evening. The service was fine and the seafood was good. Our total bill was $184.00 (including an 18% grat.) Oh, and by the way we were told, because we always ask upfront, that the restaurant does not do separate checks, but also assured by our waitress that she would help us separate the cost when presented the bill. In fact, she even said we could use separate credit cards. Wrong and thank goodness for good old hard cash. But, back to the smelly fish of the story. As we were completing our meals, we were asked if we cared to order a second drink. Three from our party of six did. Immediately after being served the drinks, the check was placed on the table and we were told we would need to vacate the table. It took us a few minutes to recop from that request. A waitress, who identified herself as an owner, suggested we move to the bar. Being that one friend is hearing impaired, this was not the best of solutions, but we had little choice. However, there was no room at the bar. Not one employee or employer bothered to assist us. They had our money and our space. What a poor way to conduct business for a few more minutes and returning business. We ended up on the sidewalk, probably illegally with alcohol. Our night that could have been so enjoyable, was anything but. From reading another review it seems like the owner might need a lesson in how to treat her customers.

16  Thank kadie80
Reviewed 18 January 2008

I eat here often and have consistently found the menu to be flavorful and unique with a variety of grouper dishes along with a multitude of locally caught fish such as hogfish and snapper. The menu changes based upon what is fresh so you're always guaranteed to have a great meal and great tasting fish. I personally enjoy the grouper sandwich for lunch in the casual and laid back atmosphere by the John's Pass inlet. At night, Waltz is a great place to go out, have a beer, enjoy some fresh air and good food.

4  Thank jkpolk
Reviewed 2 October 2007

We have been coming to Madeira Beach for ten years and have enjoyed the various eating establishments - learning where to go or not go for meals. With the change in a local restaurant's ownership, we decided to try Waltz since the cook there began elsewhere in the
"village". If this is typical of Key West eating places, I just saved myself a bunch of money by never going to the Keys. We paid $12
for a grouper sandwich with no sides - well, okay, a couple of slices
of tomato, red onion, COOKED cucumber (interesting) and while the size of the grouper was huge (I must give credit for that), it was nowhere near as good as Friendly Fisherman or what we use to get at Dockside Dave's. The waitress told us there was an "incident" in the
kitchen since my husband's meal was served after I began eating. He said "yeah, they forgot to cook it" and simply could not eat much of it. Mine was not flavorful at all and while the bun was very distinct
and good I didn't drive 700+ plus miles to eat BREAD. I finally took my grouper off the bun and just ate the fish. Not heavily breaded at all which is good but simply no flavor. We ended up paying $38 for two sandwiches, one draft beer and one Diet Coke which isn't that bad
if the food is good - which it isn't at Waltz. Just our opinion but we won't be back during our month long stay here.

9  Thank Tnbear_lover
Reviewed 2 May 2007

Waltz is a seafood restaurant locates at the rear of St. John's Pass (behind all the shops). The "chalkboard menu" was on display, and frankly looked great. We have two boys (4 and 10) who aren't big seafood eaters, and come to find out they had no childrens menu....and literally no "non-seafood" dishes.
The waitress suggested we pick up a couple slices of pizza from the pizza shop down the block for hte kids. I asked if she was sure the owner was OK with that and she wen to ask....then returned saying that it was fine.
Needless to say....in the middle of our meal....the owner literally knelt down at my side and scorned me for bringing the Pizza....I mean she chastised me. AFTER SHE HAD AGREED THAT IT WAS PERMISSABLE. They obviously don't want kids to dine there.....which is completely OK. But they need to make it known somehow.....and if they don't, they surely shouldn't agree to let you bring in outside food...then beat you up over it once you've ate half your meal (and will be billed the $100 it costs for dinner there). Just completely RUDE!

11  Thank dolemitecreeper