“Great place for breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Screwie Louie's
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here this morning. It was awesome. I had the eggs benedict best I've had in quite awhile with their fresh tomato slices also best I've had in awhile. Hubby had their corned beef hash. It can stand up to anyone else's.

The only thing I didn't care for was the coffee. But would definitely go back again and just may do that tomorrow morning.

• Visited July 2013

Plant City, Florida
“Good bang for the buck.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place was within walking distance of our hotel and directly accross from beach. The sign didn't say "Screwie Loui's" but a lady who owned the condo next to the one we rented recommended it. We went there for breakfast and were so pleased that went back for lunch. It's not 5 star dining, but that's not what we were looking for. It's one of the best priced restaraunts on the beach.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Not a good first impression!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stopped in for breakfast on our last day in town. We should have stuck with the waffle house. First of all, there was no air and it was ridiculously uncomfortable to the point that I had to go sit in my car to cool off. Now the food. My daughters pancakes were burnt. They took care of us by letting her order some eggs with cheese instead. Unfortunately we were done with our food by the time she got hers. My biscuits and gravy was not very good. Overall the food was very disappointing considering they had some advertisement hanging when we entered for an award for the best breakfast.

The waitress was friendly but served my lackluster coffee to me while grabbing the top of my coffee cup. This was a major turn off and as a former server that is no no number one. I don't like to leave bad reviews but this place was the worst experience/food we had on vacation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brian F
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent beach bum eatery and watering hole”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Had some of the best filet mignon and special recipe shrimp ever, with excellent service and a nice cold Killians. Not a fancy place, but fits in perfectly with the local scene. Give Screwey Louie a try!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

As many have stated, not many options for breakfast in the area but so far this is the
best value even if it is inside a beach bar. A local suggested "South Beach/Screwie Louie's"
several years back but we sort of avoided it. However last year we tried it for breakfast and
really liked it so we went twice during our recent trip in May. Pancakes are available and seems like I tried those last year (I rarely have pancakes but have high expectations when I do) but this year we both tended to go with the open .99 each item instead. Red potatoes don't have as many onions and green peppers as we remember from our trip the year before but still good; eggs your way, bacon, sausage, biscuit, toast and silver dollar pancakes. Husband said coffee was good and I had orange juice. Both times breakfast was hot and good, not greasy or over nor undercooked. My husband's only problem was the grits but I couldn't believe a man from TN was going to order grits - in Florida? The consistency was actually good but he had me taste them (I hate grits in TN or even S.C.) and he was right, a definite "wang" flavor we could not identify. Don't let the beach bar atmosphere (happy hour starts at 8:00 a.m.? Oh well...) keep you from trying it. Very quiet in the mornings and families will be welcomed and feel comfortable. We only tried it for breakfast but will definitely go back in the fall when we return.

• Visited May 2013