“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eden Bar

Eden Bar
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Maitland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Orlando
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Beautiful outdoor bar at the Enzian Theater. The bartenders are friendly and don't have an attitude; they love to talk film and usually can advise you on the indie movies playing at the theater. The setting is serene. Food menu is actually very good. Locally sourced foods are featured and the menu is a step above what you may expect to find at a theater. They have stand-out, seasonal drinks too. I go regularly and the only problem I ever have is that they seem understaffed for large events or popular movie openings. On very busy nights I've waited quite a long time for a drink or food.

• Visited October 2013

Wiesbaden, Germany
“Movie with your meal? And a great setting? This is your place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Went in for the 6:30 film and looking for a quick meal tonight with a group of 6 and was not disappointed. The setting is really fantastic for watching a film, kinda like being at home. Food is nice as well. I was concerned about it being too dark to eat but there is enough ambient light to even enjoy a soup once the film begins. Afterwards a table outside at the bar to discuss what was viewed is really just the perfect way to enjoy the evening with friends. Will definitely return on my next visit to Maitland.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute Shame”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I came to the Enzian for date night to watch a movie not shown elsewhere in our city. We arrived an hour before showtime and were told we couldn't buy tickets because their system was down. So we enjoyed the atmosphere of the Eden Bar and a few drinks. I checked back multiple times hoping to purchase tickets, but was continually turned down because their system was still down. I was unable to buy tickets until 10 minutes before showtime because I only had a card, people with cash paid and entered the theater. Their system was still down so they copied my credit card information on a piece of paper (so now my credit card information is floating around on a scrap of paper, I truly hope everyone their is honest and doesn't take that piece of paper home with them!)
Also because we had to wait until 10 before showtime by the time we entered the theater the only seats left were terrible, even though I was there 1 hr early we were stuck their because the people with cash got into the theater before us. We waited past the previews until the actual movie before seeing a server. We ordered some beers and a pizza. 15 minutes later we see some random employee (not our server) walking around confused, holding our beers. He walked by us twice before I finally got his attention and explained they were our beers, while the movie was playing, so taking my focus off the movie. 30 minutes into the movie, no pizza and we haven't seen our server. 1 hr into the movie, no pizza and no server. 1 1/2 hours in, no pizza, but our server does come around to deliver our check.... and there's the pizza on our bill. The movie ends and we're being asked to pay and leave, and our server is nowhere to be seen so we can explain our situation. We are the last two people in the theater, with a guy on the PA asking us to leave, before our server comes back. Now she did remove the pizza and comped a beer. So there's that. Now we just have to go back to the Eden bar to pay our bill we couldn't pay before because apparently these people don't have a crash kit for when their computers go down. The bar is packed and the bartender is completely uninterested because we just want to pay our bill and leave not order drinks. We finally pay our bill and leave. It's just a darn shame, the location is set back off the highway on a beautifully landscape lawn, the concept of the theater is likewise fantastic and the fact that they play classic and independent movies is great. Sadly the execution and staff was sub par. If I'm stuck going there to see independent movies, so be it, I will not be partaking in any of the extras next time, especially since you can't even order popcorn from the actual concession stand, you have to get it fr the server that you never see again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank pittsburghviaflorida
Florida
“For the "Out There" Films”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

If you like films 'off the beaten path' - films you likely won't see in a regular theatre, then Enzian is for you. Set in a lovely building surrounded by lush greenery, you can opt for drinks on the patio before/after the film. Enzian also has a food and drink menu so you can see a film while sitting at a table, eating and drinking.

Great place for a 'different' movie experience.

Visited November 2012
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Great place for indie films and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a cool little place that offers small screenings of indie films. They have a decent menu too that is served at your table while you watch the film. Once a month they offer a film outside, free of charge. Just bring a blanket and bucket of chicken and your set!