“Great experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Boulevard and Ocean Avenue
Description: Angle serves contemporary American cuisine, including fresh fish and 100 percent Angus beef. The fine-dining restaurant is open for dinner only and features an award-winning wine wall.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

How you come somebody would tell me you go to Angle to dine you have a bad experience unless if you looking for free food and drink, me and my fiance went there that was the best experience we could ever had , the food was great and the waiter was very knowledgeable about the foods and the staff very nice .

This is the restaurant I can refer anyone with my eyes open.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I never write bad reviews, but this place ticked me off. As a disclaimer we had a large group. We agreed before-hand on a limited menu for the evening which is understandable considering the size of our group.

I would describe my family as a group with great taste, that's pretty easy to please as long as you come through with what is promised. The night started well as the place is very elegant. We had great tables and were seated promptly. The breads were delicious, and they came out giving us our choice of still or sparkling water.

Our choices for dinner were... North Carolina Flounder, Colorado Lamb Leg Persillade, New York Strip 10 oz., and the "Special" Rib Rack.

The Lamb: I have had lamb and prepared it countless times and I love it. Three people in our party ordered it. My friend sitting next to me was asked the temp for her lamb, and she chose medium rare. I got to see and taste hers. It was cooked all the way through (not even pink, much less medium rare) and the texture was gross. It tasted like minced up boiled lamb meat. When we asked them why it tasted like they boiled the lamb, he responded with "The lamb is sous-vide" (had to Google the spelling of that lol) horrible choice and they should have told us that before-hand because we never expected this, considering they asked us what temperature we wanted the lamb. All three people who ordered it (before even discussing it with each other) sent it back. Over-all... gross.

The Special: "Rib Rack." We were all extremely excited about this dish. There were 6 left and we ordered all 6! We had never heard of Rib Rack before but the server explained it was similar to a Rib Eye. Considering Rib Eye is my favorite cut, this was the dish I ordered. What was it actually... two narrow pieces of flank-looking steak with a chuck of fat running through it. It was edible but def not worth "5 stars" or $36. I wouldn't even give it 3 stars. IDK where this waiter got that it's "like a rib eye" I'm still perplexed as to what he could have been thinking.

The Strip and Flounder: these were good. I guess we can give credit on the Flounder... the New York... as long as you get the temp right you can't really mess that one up, but whatever any "5 star" charging $56 for 10oz better get that right.

The Sides: came out family style, which is cool... BUT... they came out after we were half done with our dishes!!! The mash potatoes were extremely salty (and I like salty food) 4 people couldn't even eat them.

The Wine: Oh man this was a dooozy for me... We brought our own wine ($60-$90 bottles plus $35 corkage on each one- this is not a complaint we are used to this, especially at a "5 star"). We had approximately 8 different wines. We had them all open and everyone was serving themselves whichever they wanted to try. All the sudden the server comes behind me and without asking refills my glass. Super nice right? NO! My glass was not even close to empty!!! AND he just grabbed whatever wine and poured it in there. My father and I gave each other a "what in the world is he pouring?" look. Luckily, when he put the bottle down we saw that it was indeed the wine I had in my glass. I told him to not do that again. He responded with.... 'Oh, I thought you all were drinking the wine closest to you." This response is something you should NEVER hear out of a "5 star" restaurant.

The Water: this is kinda of a stupid criticism but worth mentioning... they charged us for water. We aren't cheap people by any means, but the delivery with which they offered the water was like "still or sparkling" was our only choice and therefore included. Not the regular "would you like bottled or sparkling instead?"

Dessert: everyone seemed happy with the desserts.

The Service: the servers were friendly, although apparently inept. The description of the dishes and the wine incident should not occur at a "5 star" restaurant.

You are prob wondering why I keep pulling out the "5 star" card. Well, when we went to tell the manager about all the short-comings, that is all he kept repeating. How he had this "5 star" restaurant. He never apologized... never owned up to anything being wrong. He actually insulted my friend that works in the hospitality. She was trying to explain that we regularly eat out at this caliber of restaurant and he responded with "where you work is only 4 stars"... at this point we saw that he was uninterested in what we had to say. We paid and left and here I am.

Lastly... let me tell you something, this restaurant is at Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa. Besides this dinner.. our experience there was exquisite. I will be reviewing them next: the spa... the poolside food and drinks... the rooms... valet... all was incredible, I never heard the words "no, we cant."

~The End

3  Thank Larimar M
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I understand not all dining portions are created equally, but this was a but disappointing. My husband and I dined here on a Sunday night- we had chosen this restaurant because the online menu said "prime rib Sundays". When we arrived to restaurant, the menu was nothing like online. There were about 6 started options and 6 entree options. We started with the foie gras and tomato salad. The foie gras was seared to perfection with a delicious sauce to accompany. The tomatoes had a unique presentation with a fabulous granita. I appreciated the beautiful presentation of each plate, and the unique blend of sauces and herbs/flowers. The entree portion was disappointing. The strip steak entree was no larger than what I would call a typical restaurant appetizer size- maybe 4 oz of meat (big maybe) and we paid $34 for this cut of meat that was a bit tough and lacking flavor. We had come wanting a prime rib dinner, and out choices were the $34 strip steak cube or a $70 wagyu medallion. This is my biggest qualm- just way overpriced. The atmosphere is gorgeous and the service lovely- we just left hungry and with a large bill for the content.

2  Thank BBiddy
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This restaurant would be wonderful with the exception of their thumping, sort of techno music which is foreground not background music. Granted, they turned the volume down....but were unable to change it. We were told they have had many complaints and management has declined to change the music. The room is gorgeous, the food is creative and delicious and the service is top notch. However, the atmosphere is ruined by the noise they call music. Count me out until they change it.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have eaten here twice in the last two months. It was excellent, the service was excellent, and it is expensive. I had salmon once and quinoa and sea bass once. Their heirloom tomato salad with burata is delicious and the wine selections excellent. I have been up and down the coast of southern Florida this winter. The meals here stand out among some very good restaurants.

Been to Angle? Share your experiences!