“A luxurious relaxed vacation.”

Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spent six glorious days at this impeccably groomed resort. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. The staff was attentive, yet discreet. The food was uniformly well presented and prepared.

We upgraded to an ocean front concierge floor room. We were not disappointed. Three lovely meals were presented as well as desserts, including unlimited wine, champagne and mixed drinks.
The concierge staff went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Want to single out Ms. Addison-Brat as going one step further in making this one of our favorite trips...

Room Tip: Use american express platinum to upgrade, upon availability.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy B

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I just completed my second spring break visit to this resort (March 14-22 w/ 2 Ocean Front Concierge rooms). My total bill was in 5 digits. This hotel was previously branded as a Ritz Carlton, now it's a Preferred Hotel (iPrefer rewards - more on this at the end of my review). We chose to come back to this property because we liked the location and the layout of the property. Unlike some sprawling resorts, everything is in close proximity. If you are at the pool but need to run up to your room, it’s a quick trip, not a long haul. This time we also choose to include concierge/club service. We did this because, on the previous trip, the Temple Orange restaurant had issues. (We had encountered problems like needing to chase down our own silverware, etc. because we couldn’t get a waiter.) This trip we made only one stop at Temple Orange. Things have not changed. I agree with someone else’s review about the restaurant being empty, really empty, but still having to wait 20+ plus minutes to be seated. It think the issue was that they had staff covering the patio, but none inside. The Club Lounge, on the other hand was a very good experience. The staff was nice. It was very easy to run by there and get a snack or drink for our kids. It’s one of the better concierge floor experiences I’ve had through various travels. The main pool at the Eau was the same as I remembered. If you have kids, it’s an easy one to watch them from a lounge chair. Some resort pools are too big with several sections that can prevent line of sight to your children. Not here. It’s a good “mom” pool. My one little complaint of the pool would be that even on the 7th day of my stay, the same towel attendant wanted to know my name and room number to verify that I was a guest. After 7 days, you need to have some recall. Where things go south on my review, and the reason for my low rating, is my treatment as a iPrefer Gold status member. One of the better perks of iPrefer Gold is a 1 category room upgrade, if available. I double checked on this perk at time of my reservation, and a second time while re-confirming my stay. At check-in I was told no upgrade because I had the highest level and the next levels were suites. These weren't Presidental Suites, just one category up from the room I booked. I felt like The Eau was not abiding by the iPrefer program. And if, in fact, there is some kind of small print that gets them out of granting a Gold member an available room, they certainly had more that one opportunity to tell me they had no intention of honoring an upgrade. It left a really poor lasting impression.

Room Tip: If you are getting an ocean front room, tell them you want a middle ocean front room. Think of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently returned from 5 days at the Eau with my mom and sister. The resort itself was beautiful, especially taking in the sunset over the water! However, we had poor service during our stay which left us with a sour taste about the resort as a whole. I had read a few reviews about the poor service before going to the resort, however, I assumed that people were just being picky as it is supposed to be a nice place. After a day or so at the hotel I started to realize that the service-related reviews were on point - It started at the pool, where we had to go out of our way to ask for a menu to order food/drinks each day of our stay. After we asked for a menu, we figured that someone would come back over to check in if we wanted to order something, but this did not happen. After waiting some time we usually walked over to the bar to order or had to flag someone down ourselves. It didn't seem to be a matter of the staff being too busy, as they were more often than not standing around chatting by the towel stands. This was frustrating as service is usually better at a nice resort, especially around the pool. We probably would have been more inclined to order more drinks/food each day if we had been asked.

As mentioned in prior reviews, there is an automatic 18% gratuity added to every bill. After seeing how poor the service was on many occasions, it was hard not to attribute some of the poor service to the fact that the staff already knew they would be getting an 18% tip.

After several frustrating days at the pool, we decided to try Temple Orange for dinner. The restaurant was empty but we were told there would be a 15 minute wait for a party of 3- ok, fine, the restaurant is empty but we could understand that perhaps the kitchen was backed up with a large party or event. We waited in the lobby right next to the restaurant, and watched as 3 separate parties the same size as ours were seated ahead of us. After about 20 minutes of waiting, we checked on the table and our name seemed to have been lost from the list (there is no way we could have been called and missed it, as we were sitting down right outside the restaurant). We thought this was bizarre and then were told it would be another 10 minutes to sit if we still wanted to wait. At this point we were quite frustrated with the hotel in general, so we left and ate elsewhere for dinner.

I would recommend renting a car if you want to leave the resort as there is almost nothing within walking distance (except for John G's restaurant in shopping plaza across the street which has great breakfast).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jaymc734
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The service and the friendliness are outstanding. Never a "no", even when the beach was full, they created something for us. My husband loved the Spa, the best ever! Do taste the poached eggs on the breakfast buffet! We loved staying here!
Big thank you from Antwerp, Belgium.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I decided on the Eau Resort and Spa when I just needed a few days of relaxation to get away from the snow in March 2014. The short of it is this: When you pay between $650 - $1,000 per night for a room, you expect a lot more than they are offering - and they nickel and dime the guests. First the good: most of the staff were great - the valets and front desk staff were very friendly. The bellman (Francisco) was so great, informative and helpful. The location is beautiful, and I appreciated that they had an adult only pool area when I booked. The room was spacious and clean - maybe the biggest bathroom I have ever had in a rack-rate room. I believe all rooms have balconies. On first blush, it meets all the expectations you see on their website. Great views, perfect weather, beautiful spa. I booked a spa treatment and a cabana rental in advance.

Now the criticisms: The cabana was great, if you are willing to pay between $325 - $600 for a one-day rental (11am-5pm) for just the cabana. I wanted privacy, so I was willing and booked it. To my surprise, the lounge chairs do not recline. I got over it. The waiter was very friendly, but he forgot our order 3 times. He didn't order our food. Forgot our drinks - all requiring us to get up and go find him. Not what you want when you are paying for the privilege of having the service available so that you can just sit and relax.When I went to sign for the cabana bill, I learned that there is an 18% tip added to ALL bills. I didn't realize this until after I tipped my waiter an additional 20% on this bill. Normally, I am a minimum 20% tipper, and didn't appreciate the 18% being added to my bills - here's why: if the staff knows they get an automative tip, they don't seem to be in any of a rush to do anything for you. And at an average of $825 per night per room, I thought I was paying for luxury and pampering - but what I got were automatic and required extra charges for nearly everything. The staff was friendly, but slow. Everything was slow. When they didn't forget to place your order, you had long waits just for a drink (unless you went to the bar yourself - and could ge the attention of the bartenders). The waitstaff for breakfast were even slower. I had to ask three times for the bill so I wouldn't miss my spa appointment. Later that day, I found out that you are required to pay $10 per day for a beach chair and another $5 per day for the privilege of using a hotel beach umbrella. I couldn't believe it - When you spend $2,000 for 2 nights for a "resort," it was insulting being required to pay extra for every little thing.

The only bar to sit at for a drink outdoors, is at the children's pool. No offense to parents with kids, but I didn't appreciate having to go to the kids pool to have an adult beverage. Also, there were children in the "adult only" pool - so, in the end, I guess it didn't matter.

Onto the spa. Beautiful, relaxing, expansive. UNTIL, you are sitting in the whirlpool or walking around in a small towel, when not 1, not 2, but 4 different times, women and girls were walking around taking photos with their camera phones. I actually witnessed a woman in the whirlpool, naked, get into an argument with some girls who were taking photos of the spa, and she didn't want them to take her photo. Honestly, you should be able to relax and have the expectation of privacy at a spa - but the staff did nothing about this, even when we complained. They just apologized.

All in all, I felt like it was not worth the $4,000 expense ( 2 days, 2 people, 2 rooms). If I had been able to truly relax and be pampered, it would have been worth every dime. But once you peeled off the first layer of this place, you saw the flaws, and they all made my experience at the Eau Resport and Spa a complete disappointment. I knew I should have just booked the Four Seasons down the road.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank pital16
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had stayed at this hotel last February, 2013 when it was the Ritz. Stayed this year under new name. Same beautiful hotel, pool, beach, spa and many of the same helpful employees. Wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I were in Fort Lauderdale for a conference and stayed at the Eau Palm Beach Resort It truly lived up to its reputation. I've stayed at hotels all over the world and I would have to say that this is the best customer service that I've ever experience. Most comfortable hotel beds, amazing room service, the best views on the Florida Coast and great access to the beach. We stayed in the King Ocean Front Suite which was worth the upgrade for the bathroom alone. Loved the rain shower head and the TV hidden in the master bath mirror. We had a couples massage in the spa which was one of our best spa experiences. We've been to great spas in Vegas and there is nothing like the Eau. The 24 hour pool is a great option and don't miss the smores by the fire pit.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Ocean Front King Suite and it was well worth it. Large room with two full baths...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Brazilian Court Hotel
Delray Beach Marriott
Delray Beach Marriott
#4 of 15 in Delray Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!