“My Favorite Place in Florida”

Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
new york
“My Favorite Place in Florida”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is probably my favorite hotel in the US - hands down. I normally go with my girlfriends, but this year I took my family. This was my 4th time at this hotel - and I was nervous as they had changed ownership since my last visit (used to be a Ritz Carlton). However I have to say everything was better! The same amazing people were there - John on the beach, Jenna at the bar, the valets, the bellmen - all the same. The service is even better then it was before. The menus, the spa, the decoration, the restaurants - all amazing. The only complaint from me was the pool was too hot. But what can you do - its June in Florida. The beach is steps from your room - and they dont charge you for umbrellas and chairs like so many hotels do. And now they are actually enforcing the "adult" pool rules. Cant say enough. Will go back again and again and again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Our room was upgraded, and we are surprised with champagne and strawberries to celebrate our thirtieth anniversary. Everyone here was so friendly and accommodating. The resort and the rooms are gorgeous!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but the top floor offers a gorgeous view of the sunrise over the ocean.
Austin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. The service, property, and amenities were of the highest quality. We stayed 5 days, and not once did the hotel miss a beat. Wonderful, wonderful place to stay. I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: The lanai rooms are wonderful and ridiculously quiet.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came for our 15th anniversary. We were married here when it was the Ritz. The hotel was changed and looks great. It is much lighter. I really liked the beach view cabanas. The service was great. We stayed Thursday and Friday nights and the hotel was pretty empty.
The only thing I did not like was the over abundance of beach chairs. It did not affect us as we were there at a non busy time. However on a weekend or holiday it could be too crowded.
I loved the quiet pool. Room service was great.
Great stay, view and service !!

• Stayed May 2014
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the moment you arrive you are treated by a wonderful caring staff that will attend to your every need. The Bellmen at the hotel were all friendly and very helpful. When we checked in, we were advised we were receiving a free room upgrade! The room was extremely nice, well appointed, very clean, and quiet. We used the Concierge Desk several times they were very helpful and as others have reported, they follow-up on what they advise. The lobby and surrounding areas are very well appointed, if is a very relaxing atmosphere. One of my only negatives is that the food pricing is extremely high on the propery. The gym is probably one of the best hotel gyms I have used. The outside areas were all very well maintained and very clean. Both pools are sparkling clean, and the staff are very accomodating. My other negative was there were children using the adults only pool, the adults only rule needs to be enforced (come on parent READ the sign). Checkout was a breeze I would rate my stay as 5 star.

As others have mentioned in the Plaze accross the street are two fantastic places to eat. John G's and Manalapan Piza Italian restaurant. John G's for breakfast or lunch the other for dinner. Pricing is fair, portions are generous, the quality is excellant and the service is first class at both. Unless you have a large appepite consider sharing.

Would I return to the hotel, yes and would recommend to friends and family

Room Tip: Since this was my first stay I was very pleased with my room and the veiw
Green Features: There are notifications in the rooms regarding towel exchange practices, which states; that unless otherwise advised, towels are exchanged every other day. Shower heads where flow restriced. I did see many recyle stations located on the property. Eau seems to have thing right
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had visited last year when it was still the Ritz Carlton and was kind of apprehensive now that it was not the Ritz. I have got to say, the Eau did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, I felt the service was better now. The owners remain the same and 80% of the staff has remained, but service was better. We were treated like royalty from the moment we were greeted by the valet to the moment we checked out. The hotel was not even over saturated with guests and it was the July 4th holiday weekend. Irenea at the front desk was exceptionally pleasant and thoughtful during our checking in and at other times we visited the front desk. We had to have a room change due a crying infant next door and Ashlee was exceptionally accommodating, kudos to both of you ladies, you know all about customer service. If there would be one complaint, it would be the bar and cabana service at the beach. We went to the beach a couple of times and were only offered a drink once by the bar server on the beach. The cabana personnel on the beach is also lacking, having to prepare our beach chairs ourselves. Of course we were okay to do it ourselves but I feel this should have been taken care of for the caliber of hotel that it is. Temple Orange was amazing for breakfast and the Eau Spa was an enchanting and magical experience for both of us. I truly, highly recommend taking advantage of the spa during your stay even if it is for a day pass. We truly enjoyed ourselves so much we had originally booked for Thurs - Sat and extended our stay until Sunday. Will definitely go again very very soon as a quick getaway!

Room Tip: Room 641 oceanview Central Tower also rooms on the adult side pool area are good because not tall tr...
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went for an anniversary long weekend and it was lovely. When we got to the room they had flowers in a heart shape on the bed, a chilled bottle of Champagne, lovely little tray with sweets that said Happy Anniversary. Unfortunately, it was the wrong room it was supposed to be ocean view, but they were very good while we went to dinner and they set us up in the room with an ocean view which was perfect. The property is beautiful & this was the Ritz Carlton grounds before and the lobby is as beautiful as the photos on the website & at night they do some neat mood lighting. Its has all the amenities without the costs, i.e. valet parking fees. The room is well appointed, did not have all the bells & whistles with the electronic pad that connects everything in room. Although 4th of July weekend the staff was on top of things for such a large crowd, I was glad we were staying over through Monday. A/C which is a pet peeve of mine, most women love it warm, I am not one of them. The A/C switch shows a temperature of the room at 65 impossible, we were uncomfortable. If it was truly 65 we would have needed more covers. Its set up more to placate you into thinking its cooler. The last night we finally were able to enjoy a good nights rest when we brought a fan up to our room which circulated the air and it them was comfortable. When you rinse out your swimsuits there is no place to hang them. You have to use the towel bars, they have none of those retractable lines to place them on to dry out. There is no handheld shower which is normal in these properties along with the shower itself which really helps rinse off sand well. The shower in our room was leaking unbeknown to us into/under the rug in the hallway and apparently for sometime. Obviously, the cleaning staff would not notice since they do not go around in the bear feet checking for this but there was mold growing on the very bottom of the wood moldings as you enter into the bedroom area from the foyer part of the room. We noticed it the last day and pointed out to the management so that they would fix it right away. The tranquility pool for adults is absolutely beautiful and wonderful friendly staff. The family area is much larger and equally as beautiful and great for kids. The beach is beautiful but rocky check helpful tips. We took advantage & rented a Cabana (highly recommend though it’s pricy) thanks to Corrine’s help (4th of July long weekend so it was crowded) & Mike was our server for the day. It was great, it was really fun playing rich, Mike service really was wonderful, the view, the comfort & just made it absolutely perfect. The staff at the hotel is great, friendly always willing to help you feel at home.

Room Tip: If you like your room really cool at night to sleep you might have to ask for a fan in the summer...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Delray Beach Marriott
Delray Beach Marriott
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!