“My kinda place”
Review of Siesta Motel

Siesta Motel
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I were on a bike ride to Key West in February and booked this motel for two nights. For us it was the best. The room was clean and we had fresh towels both days. It was less than an hour ride to Key West from there. The owner took the time to point out a few places to eat, gave us a local map and we had a good time. If you want a good clean place to sleep with a Dunkin Donuts across the street, park your bike by your door, this is it.

Room Tip: Go to Saltys bar and grill just a few miles down on the right before 7 mile bridge
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert N

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Before we traveled to the Keys we made a reservation at this motel. The website describes this place a spacious and ALL rooms having two double/full beds. So we booked a room as having 2 beds was the only requirement we needed.
When we arrived, there was no one in the office to greet us or any sign of this place being open. There was a phone outside the "office" saying to ring for assistance. He did say he would be right there. About 5 minutes later he came running across the road. ( The website says the office is open 8am-8pm, this already looks unprofessional)
As we were about to check in, he claimed that the room was one bed, not the two beds that I booked and is on my confirmation email. He then got annoyed at the fact that we would suggest that he was wrong, even though I had the confirmation on my phone in front of him. We did look at the room, and it was not spacious at all the bed was literally a foot away from the kitchenette. It was not up to par and not what we booked.
We told him this was unacceptable as it was not what we reserved and we could not stay. I was traveling with my Uncle, we needed two beds. He gave us his word that he would credit back the deposit. However we found out my Visa was charged the day before we even arrived and he has yet to credit back the money. He didn't hold up his end of the deal, and acted like he didn't care and acted angry towards guests of his establishment.

I was very disappointed with this experience and warn fellow travelers that this place is not what the website depicts it as.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Stanley2013
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We were placed in the #5 corner room. Extremely small, dresser drawers paint peeling off, bed was old, worn and squeeky. AC was loud and would not run continuously. AC cords hanging down the wall. Lamp on the wall was plugged into an extention cord that ran behind the half fridge. The wonderful 10inch color TV had snow all over the screen and the cords hanging down the wall. Not worth the money, noisy uncomfortable and so we left after one night. We went across the road to COCONUT BAY and had a great experience there. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO SEISTA MOTEL!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: please dont ever stay here. needs to be bulldozed down
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chojnickijoe
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The room was very comfortable and clean. Management was friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. We hope to go back to the Keys next year, and hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank larryncheryl
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is not a fancy hotel or resort, it is an inexpensive, clean, comfortable motel. The rooms are large and ours had a full size refrigerator in it. The manager was very nice and helpful (Thanks Frank). We would stay here again and plan to.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glnsgrl561
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Clean, large Rooms, very Friendly owner.
Perfect if you don't Want luxury and stay weithin your budget.
Rooms equipped with fridge, tv and microwaves.
The close by Road doesn't disturb. Wifi Access could be be better.
Dunkin donuts just a des Yards away

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Kaaaarl
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

I ve never been so mad in my entire life. I ve been to all over the world and stayed at different hotels. From the luxurious os concorde la fayette in paris to a simple motel in texas. And what truly defines a good hotel is service.

The manager of this motel is the most uneducated person I have ever met, he doesnt even show the less amount of respect to its customers.

I just dont want to write anymore about this motel and its manager because I dont like recalling bad moments in my life. I just warn everybody to stay away of this motel at all costs, I would prefer to sleep in my car instead of being close to this place and this person.

• Stayed: September 2012
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Kingsail Resort Motel
Kingsail Resort Motel
#13 of 16 in Marathon

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!