“We were not impressed!”
Review of Siesta Motel

Siesta Motel
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I guess I would describe this motel as "shabby". The towels and bedding were clean but everything just seemed cheap. I do not have much experience of motels so this could be normal.

As Brits we thought it was expensive compared to for instance a nice B&B in the UK in beautiful areas. Admittedly it was raining but the back yard is very messy and you don't really want to walk through it let alone sit in it.

It is on the main road so is noisy and the aircon is very noisy. The shower was ok.

We would certainly not return or recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Davidmb27
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your business and taking the time for a review of our property. Unfortunately trying to compare a motel in the Florida Keys to a B&B in the UK is like comparing apples and oranges. They are two totally different things.

We offer clean and comfortable rooms at affordable rates. Our pricing is very competitive for the Keys. The resorts and hotels charge 5 times what we charge for our rooms. If you want to be "impressed" then stay at some of the fantastic resorts the area offers but be prepared to pay that price.

We did have a lot rain while you were here and unfortunately it is difficult to keep the gardens dry and tidy during rainstorms - we have no control of the weather.

We hope you enjoyed the Keys during your trip..

There are newer reviews for Siesta Motel

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was possibly the absolutely worst place I ever stayed in. Our three bedroom suite turned out to be a beaten up decrepit trailer home from 1975. Everything was broken and beat up, the roof was leaking and it reaked of mildew. The beds were absolulety awful and their slogan "the cleanest place in the Keys" was a joke. I had unfortunately paid in advance, and the owner was very unfriendly when we complained. We actally paid more for this place than any other on our whole vacation in Florida. Needless to say, we checked out after one night. The pictures on the webite showed only the ordinary motel rooms which seemed to be alright, so there was no way of telling. Avoid this place!

Room Tip: Avoid this place, especially the so-called three bedroom suites
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Anna Elisabet K
Reviewed 2 July 2013

If your looking for a cheap hotel without a lot of frills, this is the place. $90 a nite in the heart of the keys. Close to everythign. Don't stay here if your looking for luxury. Older TV, older beds, tiny bathroom etc. Just the place we needed for our trip. Unless you plan on staying in your romm the whole time what does it matter. Staff was beyond friendly. Gave us clean cloths to wipe fishing gear down and map with locations to good restuarants and fishing spots. Would defiently return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I are both in our 60's, and we spent two nights here in April (2013). For us, it was a brief retrospective odyssey back to our newlywed era, forty-plus years ago. We rented the Large Kitchenette, and were extremely satisfied with its cleanliness and amenities, with one exception -- the internet Wi-Fi signal was a bit weak and sporadic. Our hosts were quite friendly and congenial, and the price was within our fixed-income budget. We really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACCSABC
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My family and I stayed here over Memorial Weekend and we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious with 2 double beds and a roll away bed which we did not use. The door faced the road and yes we heard the traffic, this did not bother us as we only went to our rooms to get cleaned up and sleep. The interior style is dated but everything was clean. The air conditioner worked great and the tv did too. WiFi is free so make sure you ask Frank (owner) to give you the password when you check in. We did not use the small oven or the kitchen area at all but we did see a sign that said if you do use the kitchen area you are responsible to clean up your mess as this is not included in the daily pickup/cleaning of the rooms. We were fine with that as we were on vacation and had no plans on cooking. If you do want to do some cooking, I would bring my own paper cups, plates etc because the items I saw there to use is really old and since there is not a dish washer, the dishes are only as clean as the person who used it before you cleaned them.
My only negative would have to be that the beds are too hard for my taste. I like more of a comfy bed. My husband and kids had no complaints about the bed so it may be just style preference. :)
There is a Dunkin Donuts right next door to the Siesta so my hubby was really happy when he saw that.
Frank gave us a map and places that are nice to eat in the area. We went to a fish market/restaurant and had the best meal there and watched the sunset. It was beautiful!
The Siesta website states that this is a Motel and not a big hotel chain. I agree. Make sure you check out the website and view the pictures so you know what to expect. It is a nice clean old style Key West style motel and I loved it! :)

Room Tip: We only saw one room so I cannot advise on a particular room. Also, there is no swimming pool or...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I thought it was great exactly what I expected of a motel on us 1 in the keys. It was a clean room and bath. no pool is the only downfall but the ocean is in walking distance with a nice kayak put in at the end of the street and botanical garden. free boat parking and the gas station is right next store and so is the boat ramp!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Little old motel on the highway in marathon. Nicely landscaped property but not at all fancy.
Room was basic 2 big beds, comfortable. decent shower/bathroom. price was right. If finances are an issue this might be the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Kingsail Resort Motel
#13 of 16 in Marathon
Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!